Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Trials
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #196
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,087
So when are you getting the second brace?
lineaway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #197
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
So when are you getting the second brace?
Insurance won't pay for a brace on a good knee. 2 months ago I made a little road trip to help a friend pack and move out of Cali. So I stopped at Chapperal motorsports and spent an hour trying on all of the instock knee braces. Great people. After trying them all I got an Astrick Cyto-cell (I think that is the right name). I found what fit the right knee, walked around the store, flexed it out. About half a dozen different versions. Don't care what the online reviews are like, you got to try them on and see what fits. I quickly ruled out about 4 different versions. The Troy Lee knee brace was a real close second place. I went back and forth a couple of times. The Troy Lee was just a hair shorter. If the CITI was made a little shorter I probably would have done the Troy Lee. But the Astrick was a better match for how the CITI on the left knee was set up.

Left the store with nothing more then a cell phone photo of the part number. Went to my friends place and ordered it online. No tax and free shipping to AZ. Sure beat paying Cali sales tax. It is a little different then the CITI, but I can't tell I am wearing either while riding. Both braces end exactly at the top of the boot.
broncobowsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 AM   #198
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

I`m going to physical therapy on my bum elbow. I ran into a woman about 60. She buys a new pair of CTI`s every year! Both of mine a getting pretty worn. Do you know which model of Astrick you got?
Old 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #199
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineaway View Post
I`m going to physical therapy on my bum elbow. I ran into a woman about 60. She buys a new pair of CTI`s every year! Both of mine a getting pretty worn. Do you know which model of Astrick you got?
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...6-0056R-S.aspx
Straight off my order form. Closest thing I found that matched my leg. Your leg will probably vary.
At less then 10% of the cost of the CITI it fits me 90% as good. I can live with that.

There were a lot of choices http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Cate...ke-knee-braces
The http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...96-0053-S.aspx bound up too much
The http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...2704-0223.aspx could not get the right width for my knee. I really like the build but it just didn't fit me.

There is no way I could have just picked one by mail order and had it right. I really had to try them in the store to get the right fit.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #200
lineaway
Beastly Adventurer

Oh yeah, I have to wear anything first. I`m always complaining to my son about body position while riding. He swears I`m so bow legged that I do not have to `try`.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #201
ADW
'tard bike restos

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
Insurance won't pay for a brace on a good knee. 2 months ago I made a little road trip to help a friend pack and move out of Cali. So I stopped at Chapperal motorsports and spent an hour trying on all of the instock knee braces. Great people. After trying them all I got an Astrick Cyto-cell (I think that is the right name). I found what fit the right knee, walked around the store, flexed it out. About half a dozen different versions. Don't care what the online reviews are like, you got to try them on and see what fits. I quickly ruled out about 4 different versions. The Troy Lee knee brace was a real close second place. I went back and forth a couple of times. The Troy Lee was just a hair shorter. If the CITI was made a little shorter I probably would have done the Troy Lee. But the Astrick was a better match for how the CITI on the left knee was set up.

Left the store with nothing more then a cell phone photo of the part number. Went to my friends place and ordered it online. No tax and free shipping to AZ. Sure beat paying Cali sales tax. It is a little different then the CITI, but I can't tell I am wearing either while riding. Both braces end exactly at the top of the boot.
Wow, that's a really shitty thing for you to do. So you went to a store, tried out everything they had, spent an hour there (with their great people), then went elsewhere to order it? Classy move.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #202
broncobowsher
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADW View Post
Wow, that's a really shitty thing for you to do. So you went to a store, tried out everything they had, spent an hour there (with their great people), then went elsewhere to order it? Classy move.
No, I ordered it from the same company. Maybe you didn't realize that Chapperal is a HUGE mail order store as well.

Just the online order got me free shipping and no tax. The employees know it. I have had some places even tell me the break even point between paying shipping and no tax vs. paying tax at the store. But with free shipping this time it was a mute point. I didn't feel like paying tax for instant gratification. And California really wants a lot for there instant gratification tax.

I ordered it at the friend's place as I was out of town for a week and didn't want the brace delivered too soon. so I waited a couple of days, figured when I would be home, subtracted how long the free deliver would take. Placed the order so it would arrive just after I was back from vacation. It worked perfect, didn't have an expensive box sitting on the door step with no one around to pick it up.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #203
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 428
Added a bit to the yard course.

'89 Honda Transalp XL600V (Coming in Sep)
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #204
2whlrcr
gooligan

Oddometer: 5,256
I want to see you ride the trampoline! Does your neighbor have a gallows? That would be awesome!!!
2whlrcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #205
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 428
No, it's and old beat down swing...on that note, I think I'll ask If I can have it and turn it into another obstacle.

As for the trampoline, how I get in and what I can do in it is top secret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whlrcr View Post
I want to see you ride the trampoline! Does your neighbor have a gallows? That would be awesome!!!
'89 Honda Transalp XL600V (Coming in Sep)
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:31 AM   #206
Tarheel Wheeler
Around

Oddometer: 3,630
I want to see you ride the pallets and fence. What you using those for...floaters?

We need video proof that it's getting ridden now...build it and they will ride kinda stuff.

Here's a pic of one of my backyard play areas. Will post more later.

"Get to riding or get to dying"...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_T41kJm-PE
Tarheel Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:30 AM   #207
motojunky
Professional Idiot

Oddometer: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Wheeler View Post
I want to see you ride the pallets and fence. What you using those for...floaters?

We need video proof that it's getting ridden now...build it and they will ride kinda stuff.

Here's a pic of one of my backyard play areas. Will post more later.

Very nice. I'm fortunate to have a decent yard setup but this pic makes me thoroughly jealous.
motojunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #208
ADW
'tard bike restos

Oddometer: 514
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobowsher View Post
No, I ordered it from the same company. Maybe you didn't realize that Chapperal is a HUGE mail order store as well.

Just the online order got me free shipping and no tax. The employees know it. I have had some places even tell me the break even point between paying shipping and no tax vs. paying tax at the store. But with free shipping this time it was a mute point. I didn't feel like paying tax for instant gratification. And California really wants a lot for there instant gratification tax.

I ordered it at the friend's place as I was out of town for a week and didn't want the brace delivered too soon. so I waited a couple of days, figured when I would be home, subtracted how long the free deliver would take. Placed the order so it would arrive just after I was back from vacation. It worked perfect, didn't have an expensive box sitting on the door step with no one around to pick it up.
Gotcha. Apologies, it sounded like you just ordered online, not online from Chaparral.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:41 AM   #209
thegraydog
2 wheels X 6 ways

Oddometer: 573
Bronco thinks like this all the time!
thegraydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #210
Gordy
Team Listo

Oddometer: 21,314
Making a bit of progress.

Note the new tricky little "gap" between the block and the log.

That will probably take me out at least once or twice.

Newly installed walls.

For me, a kicker will be needed on the taller one. :scarierthanitlooks
I hope to bring some more stuff in, get the walls backfilled and bolt most of it together this weekend.
Gordy is online now   Reply With Quote