ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #2101
rightsideup
Get your motor running...

Oddometer: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Pictured - Ewen Haldane
The very one, amazing bloke 82 years young and still working away. I like his reasoning for never having placed first in the TT, namely that he was racing against Geoff Duke, Mike Hailwood etc!
rightsideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #2102
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,575
Grrrrrr, cables...

Now, you'll recall my DMW is a rat bitsa - '79 chassis, K series front end, post '81engine/gearbox, various permutations of switchgear etc. So, it runs a late right switch/brake/twist-grip* with a single throttle cable running to a barrel splitter, and the 2 shorter cables to the carbs. Both secondary cables have one or two frayed strands, which was nought but a bit of a pain, however yesterday it predictably transformed into a critical issue, as the broken strand on the left side decided to lodge itself within the cable sleeve and therefore hindered the cable returning, and thence the butterfly from shutting itself as I closed the twist-grip. So, just at the point where I wanted no throttle, I instead got way more than no throttle.

Not too much of a problem, as this sort of event really quite suits my filthy disregard for the disgusting corporeal shit-storm you happy people call 'this blessed life', and I'd certainly had the kind of conclusion to a day that might persuade one to make it ones last, however, I'm trying my best to hang around, so I took the 'sensible' route and popped the kill switch and coasted to a halt half a mile or so from 'home'** and had a bit of a fiddle to see what the problem was. Having worked it out I disconnected the cable nipple from the butterfly actuator arm and pootled the little distance on one cylinder. It would have needed sorting at some near point, as it’s ‘The Time’.

The time of year has arrived where most of the Power Ranger 'season' riders have locked their beloved preciousssssss in the garage on a trickle charger, surrounded by polishing materials, and weedily returned themselves to cage-riding. But for me this time instead means that I should run thru all the little issues & give the darling beast a pre-winter fettle just to ease the likelihood of winter problems. So, rather than bodge a way round this cable issue*** I can really only dive in and replace to ensure I don't get stranded somewhere out in the cold with a screaming engine.

So, subject to me finding them, tomorrow will involve re-cabling the whole thing, but you know the biggest issue I currently face is finding an un-required t-shirt or similar with which to perform rag like functions. So, a simple cable swap. Shouldn’t be too bad. At least I won’t have to mistakenly remove a cylinder head… Cough, cough

* i.e. brake reservoir on bars, I don't like those under-tank cable fed systems.

** Otherwise referred to as 'The Place', it’s not my home, it’s just the place I’m in.

*** I had three or four ideas.

Pictured - Spongebob. Best TV ever.
Attached Images

Old 10-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #2103
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=m3DY7HIjXMc

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:37 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #2104
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 390
Pissed

Quote:
At least I won’t have to mistakenly remove a cylinder head… Cough, cough

Cheers for the support planktonnn, My hands are torn to bits to remind me what a Knob i is. I even took the offending "head" to work to make me smile every time i turned round and saw it
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 PM   #2105
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Cheers for the support planktonnn,
Come come dear DBD,

A. It's not like I've not done similar things myself, as you well know. But at least neither of us has assembled a whole engine entirely dry and then wondered why it went bang within a mile, like the 'I'm a real biker, really' bloke that used to live across the road
B. I thought I was being quite gentle just making an oblique reference to it rather than turning the dial all the way to to 'total piss take - do you know what DBD did'. Think about it, I'm much more generous to the mistakes of others than I am to my own.
C. Now you really can blame your 'tool'....

Pictured - The Futuro, now what exactly did they do re the turbo & fuel injectors...
Attached Images

planktonnn screwed with this post 10-26-2011 at 01:20 PM Reason: better pic
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #2106
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 390
Heads back on plugs changed, oil changed, head stock bearings changed, front brake pads changed, coolent added and bike run up for neighbours to enjoy for 45 mins with blipping of throttle.

Taking the head off..............................nah dont know what ur on about

Move along nothing to see here
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 04:42 PM   #2107
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Taking the head off..............................nah dont know what ur on about.Move along nothing to see here
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #2108
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Hmmmm?
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #2109
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Hmmmm
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 PM   #2110
WU7X
The Old Fart

Oddometer: 1,880
simply fabulous

perfection on two wheels.

Quote:
I was born lost and take no pleasure in being found." ~ John Steinbeck

WU7X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:31 PM   #2111
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

New Jersey GP simulation...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=m10_f1o_0So

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:37 AM
Old 10-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #2112
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WU7X View Post
perfection on two wheels.
Slightly shiny for my taste, but some interesting shapes nonetheless.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #2113
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I have to admit that I’m at a total loss as to what to do, where to go and how to progress. I don’t like the powerlessness this produces within me, but I just can’t see a way forward, at all.

I was going to write regarding the reasons this has come to be so, but you know what? – what’s the fucking point. It’s convoluted & futile, there is no solution, and thru events today this has become totally apparent. All doors are now closed to me, and I can do little or nothing but sit here in a tranquilliser induced comatose state waiting for time to bring me to my end.

What a fucking waste of time.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 AM   #2114
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Pissed Short essays on ignorant observations…

I can see no way forward, no means to progress my circumstance in the direction of any form of meaningful human life, and it seems to me that this is for a series of reasons, some of which here follow:

1) I have no private income, no independent source of financial freedom if such a thing were possible in the world within which we are bound in this translucent serfdom. I live in a form of sheltered accommodation for which the rent is £150 p/wk (for a single room, kitchen and bathroom shared with one other), before you even begin to consider paying council tax & other sundry living disbursements. This causes it to be impossible to work whilst living here, as I would need to make over £200 p/wk net, just for basic living costs. The routes through which I have of late sought to solve this interminable circumstance have, over these last few days all come to nothing, and it becomes increasingly clear that there really is
absolutely no solution, no way forward that I can see, and still none that I cannot yet see. Nothing is possible, for as I’ve said before, possible is not that which we can imagine, but that which we can bring to be real, and for all my supposed ingenuity I am unable to conceive of any way forward that is not actually pure self delusion. For many of my earlier years I faced this kind of impossible situation by constantly concocting idiotic baseless ‘plans’ through which I might construct a great getaway, through which I might pull the handle on a non existent ejector seat & make real one of the great working class escapes. But these foolish stratagems were nothing but self deluding impossibilities, and we must surely be clear that their failure to become anywhere near real is proof enough of this. When, through the support of 4 remarkable & rare individuals starting in the early ‘90s, I did stumble upon a way forward it was for a time successful, however, I eventually destroyed these opportunities too, and so am left in a worse position than ever before, and I cannot see a way out of it.

I had hoped to arrange an interactive/hands on exhibition of live video/graphics mixing at a local arts centre where I previously worked, and perhaps through this to create the possibility of running, say, 2 day workshop courses, promoted via the ‘Exhibition of Light’, which I could then sell out to centres in the surrounding towns & cities, and eventually nationally, and maybe more. I am well able do this, as I’d simply have to follow the highly successful
methodolgy I previously devised & applied to establish an internationally acclaimed community music project named Soundstudio, which I built from nothing. I have pretty much all the equipment needed to do this proposed video stuff, and it would have worked. The exhibition in itself would have been possible, and easily modifiable project plans had been drafted for a previous proposal to Fuckingemshite Cunty Cuncil which would have supported expansion. But one thing would have stood in the way of the courses, and that’s the Criminal Records Bureau check that one quite rightly has to go through before working with various user groups. I have a few little misdemeanours from 30 or so years ago (i.e. pre age 17), which in themselves wouldn’t create an issue as I’ve successfully passed the CRB on a number of previous occasions. However there was a more recent issue that potentially knocks me out of the game. Towards the end of my time with Fuckingemshite Cunty Cuncil I had a long running employment rights issue which I’ve described elsewhere in this thread, and this lead to me spending all my time at home as they wouldn’t give me an office or workshops space & stopped me working through a form of institutional constructive dismissal, and being stuck all day in the middle of a shitty council estate meant I became very aware of just how shitty it was – i.e. stopping a bunch of twatty lads breaking into an old ladies house, catching two guys running over the roofs of a row of 10+ cars in our street, observing the scummy drug dealers running shop in the alley opposite, discouraging school kids from throwing stones at cars & windows, stopping someone firing a pistol at passing cars etc. So when one night I was engaged in rebuilding a K series gearbox and a couple of 28 year old likely lads & their girlies vandalised our car I was naturally inclined to follow them at a distance so that when the (fucking) polis asked me where they went I’d have an answer. You see, what normally happens is the coppers say ‘where did they go/who are they’ and then you’ve got all sorts of problems getting an incident number and any recompense that doesn’t fuck up the no claims bonus, or indeed any alleviation of social issues.

Now I should have known better, but I’d just taken the first of a new
sleeping tablet I was prescribed for chronic long-term insomnia, and I’ve a feeling that may have rather clouded my thought processes, and things being what they are with policing in this shit hole of a cunty/cuntry the polis of course ended up arresting me for having tools in my pockets (remember the gearbox) and after a drawn out ‘legal’ process I was convicted of carrying an offensive weapon (a sprung rod I was using to prod the gear selectors into place). The gearbox was being rebuilt because the 1st time I put it together the selector forks didn’t seat quite properly and wore, causing the box to jump out of 2nd. Now the idea I discuss here was to try & get an institution to get a CRB through so that when I approached other employers there was a successful process completed & in place to act as a precedent, thereby easing the process for any new organisations, i.e. there was a CRB cert in place and they could refer to the previous successful processing to ease the issue through. It’s hard enough getting new opportunities to open up without having to convince them that there is no issue to be faced with the CRB, and it seemed to me that it might be simpler for the new organisations if they can refer to the precedent to protect themselves for having accepted me. Seems to make sense to me anyway. In addition to the seemingly positive discussions of the exhibition & proposed workshops I’d made an approach to a former colleague (a wonderful man of great perception & sharpened acumen) in a local authority for the same reasons, and in both cases it was very kindly agreed that the issue would be taken forward if possible, though we were all clear that it may or may not have been possible to progress. This gave me a much needed feeling of having a reasonable ‘plan’, and being a very simple being with a very small brane I do like to feel as though I have some steerage & influence over my situation. It’s a very simple human thing & I really can’t help needing to feel that I’ve got a ‘plan’, rather than feeling that I’M JUST SITTING HERE ON THE RECEIVING END OF ‘SHIT LIFE’. So, you’ll just have to forgive me for that, though it’s not something I can forgive in myself.

This week it has become clear that neither route will be possible, and that both have been actively blocked, indeed one process route described the idea as seemingly being aggressively being shot down. In addition, perhaps I've misunderstood, but the arts centre seemingly wishes to avoid allowing me access to space to record vocals, so even as a simple consumer I am undesired. As you might imagine, all this leaves me in the position of having no way forward, and for all (mal)intents & (mis)purposes completely erases my CV for the last 20 years. If I can’t get this issue through two organisations who have a strong practical awareness of just how successful my work can be (indeed one had voted me an Employee of the Year type award out of 14,000+ staff) then
what fucking chance do I have getting doors to open in new venues & organisations? In case there is any confusion on your part dear reader, the answer is in fact FUCK ALL. I am barred from booking exhibitions or seeking to run workshops or volunteering, and by extension I am banned from applying for any posts which may arise for which I am amply practised. As if this needed some form of external confirmation, I’ve submitted 90+ job applications and not been short-listed for a single one. So now all doors are closed.

Please note I require no sympathy. This barrier is my responsibility, and I don’t seek to avoid that blame in any way, but, what a bastard, no?

This then is one of the reasons I come to a state of ‘FUCK THE WORLD’. There’s more, and I will whine about them too, but not yet…

2 b cont.
Attached Images

Old 11-09-2011, 07:03 AM   #2115
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

PJCR12 test rides the DMW...
Attached Images