ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.74%
Nasty? 27 12.80%
Nasty but nice? 155 73.46%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #2296
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
FB for those that do

FB *can* be useful and interesting

Have you followed Terry Gilliam's blog entries from the Palermo crypt?

Remarkable schtuff.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #2297
FR700
Heckler™©®

Oddometer: 5,458
Work with me here Plank ol' son

Burn the piece of shit ...

Try this one

http://www.carlsalter.com/download.asp?p=275

Old 01-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #2298
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by FR700 View Post
Work with me here Plank ol' son Burn the piece of shit ... Try this one http://www.carlsalter.com/download.asp?p=275
Bang, got it, cheers mate That's my bedtime reading sorted out for the next week Thanks for taking the time & effort, much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
FB *can* be useful and interesting. Have you followed Terry Gilliam's blog entries from the Palermo crypt? Remarkable schtuff.
Just hit the Gilliam page, he's got a good way of looking at things
Old 01-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #2299
FR700
Heckler™©®

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Thanks for taking the time & effort, much appreciated
The least I could do to repay you somewhat for the always entertaining thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:59 PM   #2300
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I notice there's a Hossack K100 up on eBay uk, said to be the 2nd built - item number 290657103024...

Old 01-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #2301
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Puke Ye tale of ye 2nd twatty flatshare…

Some of you might recall that my last flatmate here at ‘The Place’* was an schizophrenic who thought I stole her butter** & spoons. But you know what?, I could deal with that, as in my experience schizophrenics can sometimes be quite open to discussion, and when I got it across to her that because I was the only person she was having contact with she was projecting her difficulties onto me, then she was cool. I didn’t mind the shouting as long as it wasn’t erroneously directed toward me - it’s a persons right to express their circumstance & feelings, and I’m not always convinced that the brane ‘ill’ are actually the sickest members of our society… seems to me that those who are totally immersed in the grand social & fiscal lie are the sickest I ever meet. Anyway, in a sense I was sad to see her move out as she was basically OK, but also because when a known quantity moves on there’s no guarantee the person that moves in won’t be worse. And so it has very much proved to be.

I currently have a self deluding mendacious crim & (I'm told) ex-smackie who’s causing me all sorts of shit. All respect to anyone who can make an attempt to turn things round, but even taking that into account this guys just a dick. One of the worst qualities nature has imbued in him is being a filthy cnut & not being particularly self aware in this regard, for example I don’t use the kitchen apart from filling a water bottle & running the washing machine, so he (or his ‘not at all allowed’ long term guest who is seemingly a well meaning thieving fucktard, or the dog he had staying in a ‘strictly no pets’ residence) is responsible for any filth that accumulates in there. Grease from the Forman Grill, burnt shit all over the cooker, crap all over the sticky floor, sink full of manky greezed-up unwashed dishes, scum all over the burnt surfaces***, long hairs suck all over the place (mine is short ergo can't be me), new life forms developing in the extensive crud etc. However, when the site management require him to clean up his shit on pain of eviction he does so extremely begrudgingly whilst all the time cursing me as having made the mess, as though I can’t hear him as he cleans the kitchen which is just next to my room. It’s like being in ‘The Odd Couple’ but with none of the fun. I know, I know, it’s all very domestic & trivial, but I really don’t need this shit, plus I know how you like to know just how badly things are going for me… It’s also true to say that any single instance of humanzee style stupidity naturally wouldn’t be such an issue, but the stream of ignoramus stylee behaviour starts to gnarl just a tad.

The endless borrowing lighters or drill bits etc., and never giving back; the constant shouty telephone calls full of contradictions & lies to people he owes money to or family seemingly sick of the rubbish; the being confronted by burly twatoids at the front door who come looking for whatever he owes them, & need extensive convincing that it’s all nothing to do with me; the manipulative lies about stolen post containing money from whoever, when I’ve seen him opening them & he’s forgotten; the having to show the pointy headed cnuts of the Polis my driving licence to demonstrate I’m not him, just so as to avoid being arrested for whatever he's suspected of today, even though they know very well that I’m not him and are just furking me about, like they do; the endless other bullshit that comes with the desperation of seeking to escape chemicular addiction…

But amongst all this pointless whining I would ask that you recognise just how kind I’m being when I avoid giving you the gross and un-forgettable displeasure of the full glory of the gory details of ‘The Week of Blocked Toilet’, or more precisely I’m not giving you a full & frank description of the sordid & soiled state of the toilet brush which was used to clear it & then left un-cleaned, so instead I’ll refer to an ongoing issue - Some of you may recall the kitchen fires? Well we’re up to four now, along with two boiled dry kettles, the latter resulting in my kettle giving up the unequal struggle against incessant indolent stupidity. The kitchen fires are fair enough in a sense – I understand that it seems the sleep meds make him hungry half an hour after ingestion, so he sticks something in the oven or on the hob, and then sits down while it cooks, then he blinks, and he’s out cold. It happens, I can understand that, but I have a basic set of rules for this kind of stuff.

1st time - A mistake.
2nd time - A problem.
3rd time - The end.
4th time – So, why didn’t I lamp you & sell your kidneys last time?

The 3rd time was a pan of rice which burnt dry and roasted to the point of filling the flat with smoke and grilling the entire site (130 or so rooms) with the shrill fire alarm endlessly blaring out in the early hours. I’m told it went off 12 times, and this did not go down well with other residents and staff. Personally I only remember waking to it going off three times, and I just glared at the massively bleeping sensor & went back to sleep.

So, for the above reasons and many others, I’m having trouble I could really do without, and because none of the above relates to the core subject of this wonderful forum, I guess I’d better mention some bolts or something, so here goes – The Airhead DMW is behaving itself pretty well, which makes me slightly nervous. The only two things it’s doing are 1) much as I love the rear tyre beneficently donated by my dear Pjcr2012aspaceodyssey, the front tyre/ire really needs to be the same sort of profile as the bike feels skitty in slimy road conditions & doesn’t inspire confidence, or perhaps it’s me still being effected by the still unsorted collar bone(I don't give a shit bout it); and B) it coughs back thru the carb for the first couple of miles before it gets warmed thoroughly through. Otherwise the engine all feels happy, and the electrics aren’t giving me any trouble, and it starts/runs/stops. The handling thing may be slightly more to do with having canted back the rear shocks to the original mounting holes rather than those I drilled slightly forward, therefore slightly raising the rear end and putting more turn into the front end, but as I’ve said on numerous occasions, I don’t know what the hell I’m feeling beneath me.

Regarding the K75 rat Me-MW, the coils & mounting block arrived today, and I passed a lovely half hour fettling & fitting them, and spent the rest of the day glancing across at them sitting there on the engine in my room, feeling as though some progress may be possible. Without taking the time to look thru the Haynes pdf that FR700 very kindly located for me**** I’ve connected them to the cylinders/HT leads in the cyl1/coil3-cyl2/coil2-cyl3/coil1 layout that memory seems to indicate, and HT lead length seems to confirm, but as I’m some way off even thinking about starting the thing I’ve got plenty of time to check this, and as I’m using a pdf Haynes I can check it out by viewing the manual on my (broken screened) iPod touch, via iBooks, which is all very sci-fi & convenient. There’s a complete clutch assembly I’m bidding on via eBay, which is currently sitting at £8.00 with a day and a half to go, so don’t try and outbid me you BASTICHES!?! Frankly though I fully expect it to go beyond my tiny budget, and there’s no point in pulling the gearbox/drive-train off the frame as there’s no point in mating the two sections if there’s no clutch in there, is there. It won't be anywhere as clean as the one below, and if I get outbid then I'll just have to wait for something to come along within the price bracket that extreme skintness forces upon me, unless there's a redundant one in your shed?

The throttle bodies are on, the air-box/plenum chamber are affixed along with the injector/throttle position sensor/airflow meter/coolant temp sender wiring loom which is now all in place, and the only thing I’m still short of in this department is the aforementioned washer/spacer for one of the injectors. I need to clarify what the two brown sleeved wires on this sub-loom are for and where they go, though I’ve not yet bothered to look and I’m vaguely remembering/guessing at earths, one of which goes to the starter motor? I’m unsure of the condition of the starter so I’ll have to open it up and see what’s what, but I still need to find an alternator/generator, a radiator/fan, battery & retaining strap, and assorted bits yet to be discovered.

Maybe I should think a more laterally and make an F2 class K75 based sidecar outfit?

Don't like the fairing but the chassis's sweet.

Tonights listening - Frank Zappa & TMoI 200 Motels - great movie, even better extended soundtrack.

* Separate bed-sits with a common entrance, kitchen & bathroom.
** I’ve never even seen ‘Last Tango in Paris’, though I must say, as others no doubt have before me, that the people handling the advertising for ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter’ seem to have missed a big trick…
*** The burning rice pan referred to elsewhere herein was pulled off the hob & plonked on the formica worktop and burnt it like a hot horseshoe on a hoof.

I’m not doing much fastidious proofreading, so expect mistakes or future edits :-)

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 03:39 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #2302
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Oddometer: 768
200 Motels

"Opal, You hot little bitch!"
Euclid James Sherwood [Motorhead] died Dec 2011. [Cowboy Bert]

gplane screwed with this post 01-12-2012 at 09:07 PM Reason: Reversed James and Euclid...OOPS!
gplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 02:16 AM   #2303
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
"Opal, You hot little bitch!"
Euclid James Sherwood [Motorhead] died Dec 2011. [Cowboy Bert]
Oh poor lonesome Cowboy Burt, he's a unionised roofer no son of a gun, much kinder than people say you know, he even has a place for Opal to sit

I do adore so much of the Zappa catologue, but the Mothers is probably favourite section. The entire movie -

Old 01-13-2012, 02:29 AM   #2304
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Our Nina Kate in another video

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:49 AM
Old 01-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #2305
gplane
Brush With Destiny

"Cruz'in with Ruben and the Jets" [a true masterpiece] has always been a favorite.
I especially like "Later That Night" "Let me back in dere!" "Dere?"

I have heard that "200 Motels" is, as I understand it, partially taken from a story or movie concept originally written by Don VanVliet [Captain Beefheart] entitled "Captain Beefheart Meets the Grunt People".
[So much for the clever airhead title hi-jack]
Old 01-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #2306
gplane
Brush With Destiny

Correction! Jim Black played Bert! Sorry 'bout that! It's been a few decades!
I think Sherwood is in the flight beanie.
See ya in Centerville.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:00 AM   #2307
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplane View Post
"Cruz'in with Ruben and the Jets" [a true masterpiece] has always been a favorite.
I especially like "Later That Night" "Let me back in dere!" "Dere?"

I have heard that "200 Motels" is, as I understand it, partially taken from a story or movie concept originally written by Don VanVliet [Captain Beefheart] entitled "Captain Beefheart Meets the Grunt People".
[So much for the clever airhead title hi-jack]
Yeah, I just ripped the Jets from CD as I've not listened to it for years, it's a little more centred on twisted doo-wop/Beach Boys with brains than I like*, and for me the lack of sound montages in inter-cuts that were in the earlier albums leaves a hole, but I can appreciate his sideways take on the music he grew up with, and worked with in that first studio, up there where the wind takes the paint off your car & wreck your windshield too, out in back of Palmdale, there amongst the turkey farmers, I wonder where the stumblers are now?

As far as the movie is concerned, I've heard similar stories but then perhaps all the greats are in some ways magpies?, absorbing the material that the originators would never have gotten around to actualising? Wherever it comes from I still love it , and this too -

I was thinking it was Jimmy Carl Black, but either way it's a doozie

* But then what do I know, everyone's a critic eh?

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 04:50 AM
Old 01-13-2012, 12:07 PM   #2308
jings
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
where abouts on the loom are said brown wires a mans not sure about
jings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:24 PM   #2309
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by jings View Post
where abouts on the loom are said brown wires a mans not sure about
I'm away from the loom at the moment but I'll come back with exact location over the next couple of days. But in the mean time it's on the end of the loom that comes out of the plug connector of the fuel injection control unit, which runs to -
  • Throttle position sensor
  • Fuel injectors
  • Temperature sender
  • Airflow meter
  • Fuel level sender (ballcock type)
  • Fuel pump
It's a pair of single brown wires that come out of the loom (from furqued up memory) by the spur to the throttle sensor plug. They are maybe 20cm long, and end in circular washer like crimp on connectors. They would seem to lay in the region of the starter motor (with its little bolt stub [earth?*] on the top rear) and the generator (of which I don't have an example to refer to), or maybe the 2nd earths to the frame or the coil rail? Who knows? NOT ME!?! The question marks indicate what I think I'm looking at...

No worries, it's my problem and I'm sure once I start digging it'll become apparent where they go - at the worst I could pop round to Asstrails & have a look at the 75s I sold him to refresh my addled & raddled memory

* but then this would earth thru the gearbox/block anyway? Deeeeeerrrrrrrrr?

planktonnn screwed with this post 01-13-2012 at 03:53 PM Reason: gearbox/block
Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM   #2310
FR700
Heckler™©®

Sounds like it is the main wiring loom earth that terminates up under the tank just near the ignition control unit and bolts to the frame.The battery earth runs from just near the gear lever back to the battery .