ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.18%
Nasty? 30 13.64%
Nasty but nice? 161 73.18%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #2716
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill42 View Post
Thank you for costing my company a few hundred dollars on this hot friday afternoon!
Well as long as you're not self employed :-D
Old 06-22-2012, 04:30 PM   #2717
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Interesting planktomaximus....any chance you can hunt down a pic of the left hand side of the bike?
Yup, just knew that one would tickle you

More pics @ http://fnacustomcycles.com/home-2/bu...-73-bmw-r75-5/ including hi rez zoomable copy of above pic @ http://fnacustomcycles.com/wp-conten...4/DSC_0177.jpg

I just searched for the name FNA Custom Cycles on the outboard rear brake rotor in the original picture. Probably more pics or info @ http://fnacustomcycles.blogspot.co.uk/ if you can find the time to look thru/ough? From this cursory search there seems to be a connection to the name Eric Allard? out of Florida?, but I've not dug much further than shown herein. I particularly like what's been done with what appears to be a duplex chain replacing the gearbox output UJ...

If you really want to dig about the overall search results are @ http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=F+N...w=1366&bih=602

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfdg...layer_embedded

PS - I imagine they'd be contactable & open to explaining what unit they used for the right/left power transfer etc.?

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 07:04 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 PM   #2718
bill42
Old-School BMWs

Oddometer: 362
Nope. Not currently.
I try to get paid to surf advrider whenever I can.
And I always recognize a senior web surfing professional when I see one.
Your reach runs far and wide!
bill42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #2719
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill42 View Post
Nope. Not currently.
I try to get paid to surf advrider whenever I can.
And I always recognize a senior web surfing professional when I see one.
Your reach runs far and wide!
Too kind
Old 06-23-2012, 05:17 AM   #2720
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

There's no doubt that Crutchlow did an amazing job at Silverstone, but I've been waiting for some kind of indication as to his pace across the entirety of the race, and it can now be found here, with a pdf of all the riders laps across the race. Scroll down to page two/sixth place and you can see his times, with the boxed sections denoting his fastest lap of 2 min 3.500 sec on lap 5*, and fastest sectors giving a composite potential best of 2 min 3.382 sec (if I pressed the right buttons).

http://www.wheels24.co.za/BikesQuads/Lorenzo-wins-Silverstone-MotoGP-20120617

He shows a good consistency across the race, and averages out as running at broadly the same speed as Ben Spies, Alvaro Bautista & Danni 'Over-rated' Pedaldrosa, so it's a reasonable assertion that he ought to have been able to run with them, and quite probably ahead if he'd been in a healthy state. So a 3rd may have been possible, but more than that? Maybe not, but who really knows what a rider can pull out with the crowd behind you? At least it's probably true to say that had he qualified well rather than starting at the back then he'd have been in with a shout.

But then again it's possible to say that pulling the gritty performance Cal did has quite probably done him more good in terms of his long term career than if he'd have actually landed a low podium. I can't say that Spies has lived up to expectations this year, having been regularly outperformed by the slightly lower spec Tech3 bikes**, but anyway, for whatever reason he's not done as he should. Andrea Dovizioso is also in with a shout at the 2nd works seat, having already secured a podium, tho/ough with his considerable extra MotoGP experience he really ought to be blowing Cal into the weeds, which he's not, and in this case he didn't get much past lap 3...

It's not easy to know exactly what caused Crutchlows crash, and while it's true to say that the left side of the tyre/ire hasn't had much work by that point in the lap, I can't help but wonder whether he used a little too much kerb on a green track? Available film & photos don't make the cause of the crash any clearer as they don't catch the start, but there's a newish lump of kerb stuck out on the inside of Chapel, which to my eye slightly narrows the exit line out of Becketts, and seems to be about the area where he fell. Home races always add pressure, as evidenced today by Alonso giving out a grumpy call for camera operators & photographers to be cleared from his garage in Valencia free practice three, and Cal has been quoted as saying it took an hour and a half to get from his garage to his motor at the end of Fridays fp2, so it wouldn't be entirely unfair to wonder if the extra media/public pressure didn't help.

Whichever way you look at it, it's a great big pot of what ifs...

* If I had the energy to find a lap chart I might suspect by that lap he'd got clear of the bulk of the CRTs and had a bit of space maybe?
** Tho/ough I suspect he's subject to Prost-like off track machinations by the other side of the works Yamaha garage?
Old 06-23-2012, 05:59 AM   #2721
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

planktonnn screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 07:20 AM Reason: Bigger pic
Old 06-23-2012, 06:14 AM   #2722
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

I'm looking to have these modified so that I can fit them between the rear end of the downpipes and the Supertrapp end caps you can just about see in the previous pic. As they stand the ends are a couple of mm out each way, so it's either a matter of stretching one end to an internal diameter of a smidge over 40mm, and the other end being squashed to just under 40mm external diameter. Or it's a matter of cutting the ends back & welding the appropriate sized ends on?

The tubes themselves have a woven outer as you can see, but inside there's a series of interlinked/overlapping ring sections that allow some flexibility. I have a couple of baffles that will fit with a little modding, and I've yet to determine if the tubes should be secured somewhere by the foot-peg mounting plates via P clamps or by a bar/rod to a thread welded onto the pipe ends?

Edit - Ooh, DBD has been kind enough to offer to have a go

planktonnn screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 06:32 AM
Old 06-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #2723
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
chain drive

Hmmm........vair, vair hinterestink planktonnn. The right-angle drive unit may possibly be off a UJM shaft drive
bike (can't remember which one...XS1100?) or even a horticultural implement of some kind.
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #2724
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

I gave that pic of your bike a bit of a clean up

Old 06-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #2725
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

And, with some software I stole off the CIA*, here's a pic of it from the other side...

* CIA.....Competitive Iguanas Association honest- don't drone me bro !!
Old 06-23-2012, 04:29 PM   #2726
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

As far as I can work out this seems to be most of a film I first saw years ago about Joey Dunlop. It seems to be mostly there, with some stuff tagged on the end?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=KQ430-CCpNI

planktonnn screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 07:05 AM
Old 06-23-2012, 04:46 PM   #2727
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Hmmm........vair, vair hinterestink planktonnn etc.
Couldn't say where the transfer box comes from, but having established a communication route I'll ask them when I get a chance & see what they say.

Quote:
I gave that pic of your bike a bit of a clean up
Fer Krist Ache don't clean it, that's what we in the Arts Centre Coffee Bar world can 'patina'. Would you scrub the Mona Lisa? Hang on, I know the answer to this one. Yes, yes you would scrub the Mona Lisa.

Quote:
* CIA.....Competitive Iguanas Association honest
Is that related to the Febrile Bunkum Institute?

In other 'news', 185k hits!?! Can you believe it?!? What a delightful parody of a pastiche of a farce

planktonnn screwed with this post 06-23-2012 at 05:59 PM Reason: clarity
Old 06-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #2728
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Is that related to the Febrile Bunkum Institute?

Why, yes it is; the Febrile Bunkum Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Competitive
Iguana Association, but few people realise that they are both mere playthings of the
Niddy Noddy Noo Club.........

In other 'news', 185k hits!?! Can you believe it?!?

I know, it's shocking just how few hits a thread such as this gets, when all's said and done. In my day, many years before the internet was invented by the Competitive Iguana Association, we didn't have such fine social interaction forums such as this to air our thoughts and grievances, and had to rely upon postcards and letters to manifest our banter and hyperbolic scenarios. D'you remember that time we got so many sacks of mail, we actually built a motorcycle workshop establishment with them, and lived lives of meaningful mechanical marvellousness? Halcyon days, and no mistake.
This thread is still in its infancy, numbers-wise, by the way. It won't reach full maturity until
it hits the quarter-million mark, so you've got your work cut out for you.
I'm a bit busy with other matters at the moment, so I can't be of much use; as you know, my time at the moment is filled with thinking of ways to cause serious pain to lawyers, the useless fucking turd-bags that they are.

pjcr12 screwed with this post 06-24-2012 at 01:07 PM Reason: Bad Karma
Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #2729
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.thisblogrules.com/2009/10/insanely-detailed-sculptures-made-from.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-18535682
Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #2730
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

http://www.roelscheffers.nl/?p=1110
http://www.roelscheffers.nl/?p=1110
http://www.roelscheffers.nl/?p=1097