ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.62%
Nasty? 28 13.15%
Nasty but nice? 156 73.24%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #3871
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,675
Hmmmmmm Pt3 - after an earlier restore point it doesn't seem to have stopped... The only way I can really tell if it's just me (this machine/OS installation) is to look at the thread on another machine later, or to get feedback from you people. I'm far too lazy to look elsewhere on ADV to see if it's happening there or if there's an announcement somewhere...
Old 03-23-2013, 10:36 AM   #3872
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
installation
Test.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:48 AM   #3873
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by planktonnn View Post
Test.
Its working whatever it is
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #3874
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyboydeadly View Post
Its working whatever it is

No No No

Just been back a page and I've got no nasty pop ups so its just you
Old 03-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #3875
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
No No No Just been back a page and I've got no nasty pop ups so its just you
Bugger, currently testing from another machine elsewhere and it's not happening on this one, so it seems that my primary (only) machine has got some form of lurgy which resists identification or removal. At this point it seems to mean that I'm going to have to format the other machine and rebuild the entire bloody installation, and I can't get to it until Tuesday.

Bugger.

Bugger.

Bugger bugger bugger.

planktonnn screwed with this post 03-23-2013 at 11:54 AM
planktonnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #3876
disston
ShadeTreeExpert

Oddometer: 8,389
I can not always tell what you geek guys are talking about but I don't get any pop up/outs on any text the last 4 or 5 posts. And nothing from the word start in the quote box.

I'm using an Apple. This sometimes might mean something?

Pay your debt, piratejohn.http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
disston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #3877
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by disston View Post
I can not always tell what you geek guys are talking about but I don't get any pop up/outs on any text the last 4 or 5 posts. And nothing from the word start in the quote box.

I'm using an Apple. This sometimes might mean something?
No, it's definitely an obscure infection on my machine, resistant to all the relevant tools & methods. Little option but a total operating system rebuild, which will be a real pain, not least because the CD drive in the relevant laptop is dead so getting it to access a system install is going to be a real pain.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #3878
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Its time to bring out pjrc12 (whatever his user name is)

Small collection of hammers to tease the troublesome infection out of your machine
Old 03-23-2013, 02:10 PM   #3879
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Its time to bring out pjrc12 (whatever his user name is)

Small collection of hammers to tease the troublesome infection out of your machine
Que....? It's been many years since I used hammers to effect positive outcomes in electronic equipment, but if I can be of asssistance, then I'm willing to give it a try. Just say the word planktonnn, and I 'll pop over with the requisite tool, h'nkay?
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #3880
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

It's constantly like standing with your back facing a cliff drop and taking one step forward & two steps back...
Old 03-25-2013, 12:06 PM   #3881
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Test...

One system install & full software rebuild later...

Old 03-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #3882
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

All good here.

In other news the red rs turns over and has a spark on the end of the plug I could get out. the other one is stuck
Old 03-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #3883
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
All good here.
Ta.

Quote:
In other news the red rs turns over and has a spark on the end of the plug I could get out. the other one is stuck
May I suggest that this is purely down to mechanical issues & not a wicked evil curse, as I seem to have cornered the market on bloody wicked evil curses*. Piss bollocks fuck shit arse etc.

You'll know this as well as I would but I can only suggest magical penetration fluid and the application of gas torch style heat, lots of patience, a long lever with firm constant pressure, and/or a couple of hammer taps on a socket over the plug. I have sometimes found that trying to tighten the plug very slightly is as effective at breaking any corrosive bond on the thread as trying to undo it? Having said all of this, naturally I accept no liability for stripped threads, even if I cause them with my own bodged handiwork

In other news a 2nd user tyre/ire has arrived from Motorworks and is currently at Wizard Dave & Magic Ians waiting to go onto the front wheel off the K Rat Me-MW. As regular observers will know, I have a K front end on my DMW airhead so when the new(ish) tyre/ire is fitted (inc inner tube as belt & braces double cover) & the wheel balanced I can slap it onto the airhead DMW & I should be all ok for the impending MOT. The current tire/yre would just about pass with an advisory, but the swap is required anyway as I need to swap out the front disks currently fitted because they have started giving me a pulse back thru/ough the brake lever & various other diagnostic indications, just as they would if they were to be slightly warped. I ran the front wheel on Wizard Daves brake pressure roller (just as will occur in the upcoming MOT) and the braking force indicator needle was wobbling slightly, just as it would with warped disks. It's not a big issue but leaving the disks on the spare wheel when it's of having the new(ish) tyre/ire fitted/balanced solves the issue anyway.

I've also fitted a new right exhaust down pipe hanger that came with the tire/yre as vibration had cracked the previous one right thru/ough. If you were to refer to pics of the DMW elsewhere you'll see that I don't have any tailmufflersilencepipes fitted, just Supertrapp end caps direct on the down pipes, so the hanger doesn't benefit from the extra support that the end pipe mounts would provide, and so it carries all the force of the engine/exhaust/frame wobble that would otherwise be spread over the other mounting points, if you see what I mean. This is my reasoning as to why I've cracked 2 previous right exhaust down pipe hangers anyway...

In addition to this I've received my new road fund license disk, and picked up a new number plate, as my current has a 10.5mm spacing between the letters & the edge, and because the book space is 11mm some overzealous plods try to ticket me for a small number plate, purely & simply to piss me off. It's the right font of the right size with the right spacing between the letters & lines, with just short of 11mm in a couple of places round the edge where the blade wandered. And don't even get me started on how they use an incorrect measuring technique which is outside of the legal requirements for the process. They're just trying to get all Judge Dredd on my ass simply because they can...

* Seriously, I know I've done enough naughties to deserve to be on somebodies curse list somewhere or other, but for every one thing that goes right two or more fuck up immediately. It's never been funny, but it's really getting beyond the fucking pale now.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #3884
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Que....? It's been many years since I used hammers to effect positive outcomes in electronic equipment, but if I can be of asssistance, then I'm willing to give it a try. Just say the word planktonnn, and I 'll pop over with the requisite tool, h'nkay?
Rather than put you to any bother I broke into your shed & borrowed the requisite hammers, applied them to the laptop with great force, and slipped them back into their original places. Hope you don't mind. Cheers. Ta :-)
Old 03-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #3885
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

When your at Dave's and Ian's magical shed don't forget to ask how Dermot's dominator is coming along .

My firestorm has had warped discs for about the last 5 years and normally pops up on the mot every 2 years.

Oh yes the good old road tax fund.

I find it more convenient to display them where I can see them

photo 2013-03-25201200_zps87cbc1bf.jpg

Dirtyboydeadly screwed with this post 03-25-2013 at 01:16 PM