ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Results: I have been to the county of Fuckshire, it was ...
Nice? 29 13.62%
Nasty? 28 13.15%
Nasty but nice? 156 73.24%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #4306
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Oddometer: 801
Near-death experience

I was sitting having a nice cup of coffee and watching the athletics on the TV when, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a large red object fly sideways (and backwards) across the street followed by a loud crash...hastening outside, I saw that a minibus had crashed into my next door neighbour's front garden.

The minibus belongs to a residential learning-difficulties establishment, which is located directly opposite my house, and was being 'driven' by one of the young people who live there....having made sure he was not hurt (and no-one was dead underneath the van) I went across the road to notify the staff at the unit, and then stood by and watched as all kinds of shit hit the fan. The young man (Justin) had, unknown to anyone, taken the minibus's key from a key-cupboard, and then sneaked out, got into the van, somehow started it and engaged reverse gear and then floored the pedal, reversing at speed through a metal fence, across the road and through a brick wall and wooden fence, to land up where it did...the only problem as far as I could see, was that Justin somehow missed my little red van, if only he'd hit it he would have totalled it, and I could have got a nice shiney replacement for my van which is getting a bit tired and rusty. Also, if he'd actually turned the steering wheel, he might have reversed into my house instead of Carol's, and then it would have been a near-death experience of mine, but it wasn't. Still, quite an interesting thing to happen on a Saturday afternoon.....
pjcr12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #4307
Dirtyboydeadly
AKA. Shineyboydudley

Oddometer: 397
I was rather surprised at the end price on this tired old rs

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R100RS...vip=true&rt=nc

As mine only cost me £460 + diesel £40 and It runs
Dirtyboydeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #4308
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

Oddometer: 3,672
I resign.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #4309
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

You'd better have a very good reason....this thread is for life, and there's no backing out now.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #4310
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
You'd better have a very good reason....this thread is for life, and there's no backing out now.
+1

Even though (tho) you started it, you are no longer at liberty to finish it.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:06 PM   #4311
pjcr12
Stercus accidit

Old 06-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #4312
Big Bamboo
Aircooled & Sunbaked

Oddometer: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcr12 View Post
Just been out on a road test of the new square wheel system, and it seems to be performing as intended....I'm trying to get government funding to set up a series of national motorcycle rodeo schools to get young people off drugs, junk food and pop music. It's not much, but at least it's a start in the right direction....

Gives a whole new meaning to "Upwardly Mobile..."
Big Bamboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:46 PM   #4313
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

An intermission in the whining…

http://thenonist.com/images/uploads/ennui.balloon.big.jpg

It is well-nigh impossible to contain the choleric ire which foams along the margins of my mouthpiece, spilling bitter regurgitant bile before me, all over me, spattering any nearby. I cannot tolerate my whining on the theme of disobedient events that occur in parallel to my life. Ennui is indeed exactly the word, so accurately selected by Pjcr12to1pmlunchtimepleasecomebacklater. A languorous World-Weariness.

Nail on the bluddy head.

Excellence has its benefits, e.g. the confirmatory validationary comfort it grants, but excellence lies beyond my capacity. Adulation is by design both transient & meaningless, but it does lift one. A venue of 2500 audients exclaiming endorsement can be harvested to allow such flight. But it wasn’t enough. The physical embodiment of fine thinking & accomplished execution has endlessly eluded me, and fails to express itself thru/ough either excellence or adulation. And so I am neither affirmed nor lifted.

But that, you see, is whining, and I am advised that I should come to terms with ‘Good Enough’. I am unsure how.

All of this & the surrounding events are things I cannot bring myself to speak of here. Partly as it is an off-colour mantra I’ve oft repeated, but also that I am ashamed that all of any exposition would (and does herein) essentially orbit around said whining, and I am advised that I should come to terms with ‘Good Enough’. I am unsure how.

So a form of verbal asceticism descends on me. It may last a brief while, or for all time, but will undoubtedly continue whilst I’m unable and/or unwilling to construct the required internal delusion that there is any point in me doing anything. I will be found in the quiet room behind the door marked ’Ennui’. You’ll recognise me, I’ll be the one with the nametag ‘Zero’.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #4314
tenderfoot
PRJ

Oddometer: 1,446
Well a "good" thing is this thread, you've provided a large number of international virtual friends with provocative, amusing, etertaining, insightfull and thought provoking material.
tenderfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #4315
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

To follow...

Ten statements made up of thirty seven words each...

Old 07-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #4316
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

1 - Very small concepts can be assembled to give the illusion of very big ideas, yet it is also true to say that at the same time very big questions may be distilled to proffer incredibly simple solutions.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #4317
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

2 - When there’s no way forward, having attempted every permutation of option & opportunity, one might conclude there is but one progress route. There being no moral stance against such a choice it becomes the only way forward.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #4318
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

3 - But when the time was right to take this simplest solution I botched the grasping of it, for which I will always harbour the deepest regret. I will not again have such a solution within my reach.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #4319
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

4 - For were I now to exercise my right to determine my ending at a timing of my own preference there would currently be noteworthy impact upon others for whom such burden is so much more than unfair.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #4320
planktonnn OP
.also, i am a twat

5 - One night on the railway-line long ago, full of pills & alcohol, there was no-one to be damaged. At least no-one for whose feelings I cared. This would’ve been the optimal moment to produce a satisfactory exit.