|08-27-2009, 05:54 AM||#1|
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Weatherford, Texas
Lincoln National Forest ??
I am making a trip to the Lincoln National Forest in New Mexico in Oct and was wondering if someone had any track files for the area aound
Cloudcroft (for the trails). I have ridden the roads in the area many times, but just now have a bike that can handle the trails.
Thanks much for any help that can be provided.
|08-27-2009, 05:58 AM||#2|
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: New Mexico
Do it in the Dirt!
1974 DT250, 1980 TT500, 1986 TT350, 1993 KLX650C, 03 KTM450EXC
|09-21-2009, 08:31 PM||#6|
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: new mexico
the forest service just put out a new map of legal trails in the lincoln,ithink it goes into effect 11/15/09 has a mc and atv trails marked on it also fs roads but no state hiways or county roads,get a copy when you arrive also fs moved out of town to a new building on 224 near dearhead campground south side of town.
if you are going to be here 10/04/09 we are having the 50th annual mile high enduro that sunday,presented by the prairie dawg m/c,we have vintage classes and have a 65 bsa and a 71 penton entered plus a few others, for more info go to http://www.prairiedawgsmc.com/news.php
|07-01-2012, 07:55 AM||#7|
Joined: May 2010
Location: Castroville, Texas
Lincoln National Forest / Cloudcroft info
Average temperature July high 70.5° & low 46.7°
Cloudcroft, New Mexico.
Paper maps and other trail information is available at the SACRAMENTO RANGER DISTRICT office, 4 Lost Lodge Rd, Cloudcroft, NM 88317
Office Hours: 7:30am - 4:30pm M-F
7:30am - 11:30 12:30 - 4:30pm Saturday (summer only)
Cloudcroft Chamber of Commerce
Alamogordo is 16 miles to the west (about 5500 feet lower in elevation) has the major chain stores and several bike shops.
Cloudcroft, New Mexico is....
* up at 9,000 elevation.
* 40 miles from casino wagering and golf at the Inn of the Mountain Gods.
* 50 miles from Ruidoso Downs.
* 16 miles from the Space Museum, Alameda Park Zoo, and Toy Train Depot in Alamogordo.
* 40 miles from White Sands National Monument.
* 150 miles from Carlsbad Caverns.
* 90 miles from El Paso and the Mexican border.
* Within 50 miles of 8 magnificent golf courses.
· The Spruce Cabins offers a 10% motorcycle discount but you have to ask for it to receive it.
· If you stay 6 nights at the Spruce Cabins, the 7th night is free.
· Camping in Lincoln National Forest
· Motorcycles registered for use on public streets are not required to be registered for off-highway motor vehicle use. NEW MEXICO OFF-HIGHWAY MOTOR VEHICLE (OHV) PROGRAM
· A Texas (or New Mexico) OHV sticker is required for off road only motorcycles to ride on National Forest land. Texas Off-Highway Vehicles (OHV) Program / Out of State or Visitor Permitting Rquirements
Trail spreadsheet with difficulty ratings
Paper maps and other trail information is available at the SACRAMENTO RANGER DISTRICT office
GPS track maps
Cloudcroft partial overview
Rim Trail GPS
Benson Ridge area, Taylor Canyon Trail (T5007) & Wills Canyon Trail (T5008)
West Side Road
Apple Tree Canyon Trail (T5601)
Karr Canyon Rd
New Mexico off-road riding information
Must see Cloudcroft route Suggestions
New Mexico Off-Road: The Cloudcroft Recon
Rim Trail Cloudcroft NM
Cloudcroft, NM 2009. Pics and onboard video.
The Road to Timberon
Rim Trail T105 Cloudcroft, New Mexico video
Russia Canyon Road, Lincoln National Forest video
Wills Canyon Trail (T5008), Lincoln National Forest video
Wills Canyon Trail (T5008) II, Lincoln National Forest video
Forest Service Road 568 Lincoln National Forest video
Old Cloudcroft Highway Trail (T5002) video
Hubbell Canyon Trail (T9277) Lincoln National Forest video
Willie White Trail (T113) Lincoln National Forest video
sanderjavant screwed with this post 07-03-2015 at 03:16 PM
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|