ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #166
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAdriver View Post

Great shots.
Who's in the freight train?
# 99 WHO DAT?
lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 08:05 PM   #167
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsta View Post
Great shots.
Who's in the freight train?
#31 in the lead should be Cook Neilson on The California Hot Rod, or Old Blue, depending on who's telling the story :)
#21, don't know of the top of my head. It's a BMW though.
#163 is probably Reg Pridmore. Unless that's #63, then it's Steve McLaughlin. But the helmet and leathers look like Reg.

Quote:
# 99 WHO DAT?
I don't know that one. Dr John?
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #168
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,695
31 = overdog
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #169
KAdriver
adventures on asphalt
 
KAdriver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Oddometer: 786
#99 Dr Johns Team Moto Guzzi. Rider could be Doug Braunek.
__________________
GARY NIXON | “SO– WHICH ONE OF YOU SORRY S.O.B.’S IS COMING IN SECOND?”
KAdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #170
spezjag
Beastly Adventurer
 
spezjag's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Oddometer: 7,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
31 = overdog
If you remember how those guys put that bike together, and the fact that Cook Nielson had almost no road racing experience (he had been a drag racer before that), I would have said underdog - that they did as well as they did is a miracle.

The engine was built with help from a lot of Cook's drag racing POCs - not from high tech stuff from Italy.
__________________
Gary

Only a motorcyclist knows why a cheetah hangs its head out the window. - Peterman
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ6jy8o...ure%3Dyoutu.be
spezjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #171
KAdriver
adventures on asphalt
 
KAdriver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Oddometer: 786
Roberto before he went to Honda


Roberto after going to Honda


Eddie


__________________
GARY NIXON | “SO– WHICH ONE OF YOU SORRY S.O.B.’S IS COMING IN SECOND?”
KAdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:28 AM   #172
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAdriver View Post
#99 Dr Johns Team Moto Guzzi. Rider could be Doug Braunek.
Now that you say that. I think 99 was Doug.
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #173
stk0308
Beastly Adventurer
 
stk0308's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: St Charles, MO
Oddometer: 1,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
If you remember how those guys put that bike together, and the fact that Cook Nielson had almost no road racing experience (he had been a drag racer before that), I would have said underdog - that they did as well as they did is a miracle.

The engine was built with help from a lot of Cook's drag racing POCs - not from high tech stuff from Italy.
And it wasn't a Ducati that prompted the comment "We ain't cheatin' enough"
__________________
Steven
2008 Triumph Sprint ST
2001 Yamaha YZ426F
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however, extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity
stk0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #174
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
New #'s

Roberto's new number and Vance&Hines sponser. 7th superbike finish Laconia 6/83
lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #175
KAdriver
adventures on asphalt
 
KAdriver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Eastern PA
Oddometer: 786
Another (more) road racing freight train....



Not Superbikes but same era



__________________
GARY NIXON | “SO– WHICH ONE OF YOU SORRY S.O.B.’S IS COMING IN SECOND?”
KAdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:19 AM   #176
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
Who's #267 Ducati photo?
lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #177
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
"I am delighted"

lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #178
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
the other Italian

A few Guzzi's too.
lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #179
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer
 
advNZer?'s Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Wellington,New Zealand
Oddometer: 2,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by spezjag View Post
If you remember how those guys put that bike together, and the fact that Cook Nielson had almost no road racing experience (he had been a drag racer before that), I would have said underdog - that they did as well as they did is a miracle.

The engine was built with help from a lot of Cook's drag racing POCs - not from high tech stuff from Italy.
I vaguely recall they called it overdog themselves?
__________________
aka BMWST?
advNZer? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:31 PM   #180
lobsta
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Oddometer: 160
Italian stalion

Ferracci brought these beauties to laconia.Doug Polen # 23. and was it Pascal Picotte #34?
lobsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014