Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 08:01 AM   #1681
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Oddometer: 5,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohden View Post
Hi Vince,

Good report about these almost unknown countries.
All the best,

Reginaldo.
Thanks Reginaldo! Great to hear from you my friend!

Abraços.

crashmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #1682
FishTaco
urban misfit

Oddometer: 79
Your ride report is just fantastic! I keep coming back to it again and again and it always feels like everybody reading and commenting is right there with you. Excellent job -- and thank you!

Hoisting a cold one in your honor Ride safe.
FishTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:01 AM   #1683
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashmaster View Post
Maybe Silviu has some photos of those big holes in the road that he could post here?
I was looking through my photos, but don't have any either... as always, during the worst parts I was probably doing the same as you: flying over them as fast as possible while cringing every time that my suspension bottomed out (which was quite often)

One of my buddies caught a 1 meter deep hole by surprise, managed to wheelie the front wheel over it, but the rear wheel hit hard and made his bike somersault over him... Pretty nasty crash, so if you are on a longer trip, alone... I'd advise you to take your time through this section (of course I told Vinnie the same thing and he kept it under Mach 1 )

But you can be sure that any road that can break a Bedford Truck's axle housing like this, is in pretty sad shape

Those trucks are pretty robust!

SS in Vzla. screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 10:21 AM
SS in Vzla. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #1684
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Wow, I cant believe how dry it was when you were there!

Old 04-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #1685
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
Your ride report is just fantastic! I keep coming back to it again and again and it always feels like everybody reading and commenting is right there with you. Excellent job -- and thank you!

Hoisting a cold one in your honor Ride safe.

Gracias amigo! Heck I have met many of these guys that comment on my thread, and even stayed in their homes. But, most of them made me leave because they said that I crap too close to the house.

crashmaster screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 10:25 AM
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #1686
SS in Vzla.
Totally Normal? I'm not!

Oddometer: 1,173
Quote:
Wow, I cant believe how dry it was when you were there!
We had it DRY, HOT and DUSTY!... At least the beers taste better that way

It's quite impressive how things change in a couple of weeks there... How much difference was there between the time I was there and when you where there? I think 2 or 3 weeks... This was probably the place where you almost drowned your bike... somewhere between the Essequibo River and Maburo Hill.... there where barely some puddles when we where there... (but it was at the end of the dry season, which makes it impressive to have even this little water on the road) If you had such deep water when you crossed, I think once the rainy season is in full bloom, it might be un-passable for a bike ?

Oh... and for any of you guys hosting Vinnie on his way home, just be advised he brings rain with him wherever he goes and he can't hold his liquor (every self respecting hard-core-solo motorcycle traveler should be able to down a liter of good scotch by himself and not have a killer hangover the next morning... right ) but he's good people...

Ride safe bro

PS... My maid revealed a secret to me the other day... since you would not let her wash it, she secretly sprayed your jacket with some kind of smell-extraction- liquid (febreeze?), probably your boots too... that's all I'm going to say about that
Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM   #1687
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS in Vzla. View Post

It's quite impressive how things change in a couple of weeks there... How much difference was there between the time I was there and when you where there? I think 2 or 3 weeks... This was probably the place where you almost drowned your bike... somewhere between the Essequibo River and Maburo Hill.... there where barely some puddles when we where there... (but it was at the end of the dry season, which makes it impressive to have even this little water on the road) If you had such deep water when you crossed, I think once the rainy season is in full bloom, it might be un-passable for a bike ?

Oh... and for any of you guys hosting Vinnie on his way home, just be advised he brings rain with him wherever he goes and he can't hold his liquor (every self respecting hard-core-solo motorcycle traveler should be able to down a liter of good scotch by himself and not have a killer hangover the next morning... right ) but he's good people...

Ride safe bro

PS... My maid revealed a secret to me the other day... since you would not let her wash it, she secretly sprayed your jacket with some kind of smell-extraction- liquid (febreeze?), probably your boots too... that's all I'm going to say about that

Yup, that water was actually over my front wheel.

Febreeze huh? Well, that explains why my stuff doesnt stink so bad anymore.

As far as the scotch goes, I only had one drink that night and I kept drinking and drinking, but my glass never seemed to get empty for some reason.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:42 AM   #1688
motosaint
LTLYLTL!

Oddometer: 566
Scotch?

That's funny... I heard Vinnie could take 2 bottles of scotch... Maybe an empty stomach?

Quote:

Ride safe bro

My Adventures

Trip through the American Northwest - Maybe - 2010
San Francisco to San Diego Quickly - 2010
My First Big Mexican Ride - 2009
Northern California for 4 Days - 2008

Current Ride
Suzuki 2002 - DR650 (Anna)

MSF BRC Graduate '07
motosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 07:30 AM   #1689
Jammin
Living on a DR

Oddometer: 1,527
Quote:
Thanks Jay! When I was in Nickerie, Suriname I had a killer chicken curry, but probably not as good as yours! It was pretty cool to see the Indian culture there as well as it felt like I had left South America.

Actually the only pictures I have of the road to Lethem are where the road is in good shape. Trust me when I say that you will beat the hell out of your bike on that road and be totally soaked from the all the water as well. Maybe Silviu has some photos of those big holes in the road that he could post here?
Sweet, I will get there someday and maybe have a curry-off

Nice, taking pictures of only the good parts I think if I was doing it, I'd be crawling through there

Trip Website: JamminGlobal.com
Current Ride Report: Global South | Past Trips: CDR '09, Alaska '08, Mexico '07 | YouTube Videos
Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:58 AM   #1690
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Sweet, I will get there someday and maybe have a curry-off

Nice, taking pictures of only the good parts I think if I was doing it, I'd be crawling through there

Well, I tried to go slow for a while because it was so punishing to the bike, but then I couldn't take it anymore so I stopped, cranked up the compression on the suspenders and just opened it up. A couple of times I thought I was going to break off my rear subframe.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #1691
DirtyBones
Donde esta...?

Oddometer: 761
Holy crap Vin! Great RR post of the Guyana's loop!

It was so good in fact, now I feel like I don't even have to bother riding it....I think I'll just ship my bike home from BA now...

RR: From Deadhorse Down
Blog: www.fromdeadhorsedown.com

"I don’t like to think of laws as rules you have to follow, but more as suggestions." ~George Carlin
DirtyBones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 03:12 PM   #1692
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyBones View Post
Holy crap Vin! Great RR post of the Guyana's loop!

It was so good in fact, now I feel like I don't even have to bother riding it....I think I'll just ship my bike home from BA now...

Glad I could save you some time, effort and money.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #1693
Misery Goat
Positating the negative

Oddometer: 74,797
Wow, it doesn't seem like Latin America up there, nice update.

Same as it ever was

My Wanderlust
Misery Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #1694
crashmaster OP
ow, my balls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misery Goat View Post
Wow, it doesn't seem like Latin America up there, nice update.
Thanks amigo. There's not much Latin at all about the three countries. Very interesting places, that's for sure.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:57 PM   #1695
RoadHD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 108
Puke

Quote:
Oh... and for any of you guys hosting Vinnie on his way home, just be advised he brings rain with him wherever he goes and he can't hold his liquor
Vinnie.... dude, I'm so stoked that you remain living the dream... and still unable to handle the strong stuff? Looking forward to clocking a few more miles with you in SoCal and Baja... but first I may need your help rigging an even larger battery/tool box combo.... maybe a trailer?

Ride safe amigo!!
- Rob
RoadHD is offline   Reply With Quote