User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 08:10 AM   #31
S/W
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 377
get a scooter!!

I look at other bikes and think what cool bikes they look like.I would like to buy one of those or that one. Plus I have had crotch Rockets to a Harley over the years .
But, then I think of what I would loose if I gave up my Silverwing; full fairing, auto transmission, long floor boards, decent gas milage, excellent on the highway, or heavy stop and go traffic. I just CAN'T give this up! Some people need crotch Rockets or choppers or baggers or beamers or whatever. The Silverwing does an excellent job for me, and you will have to pry it out of my dead hands. BTW some people have said here that the Burgman is a better touring bike. I don't know whether it is or not, but, I tour extensively on my wing and it does the job with no problems.It's better looking too. Looks sportier.
S/W
S/W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #32
Tromper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 118
[quote= I think a burg is out for me, i'm 6'3" and everytime I sit on one my knees hit the dash or are just about to hit the dash depending on where my feet are positioned.[/quote]

If you prefer a burgman for it's touring aspects I recall some folks at the burgman forums here/ have worked around that with what appear to be minor modifications. Dunno if they'll work & don't have any specific links, but if you post a question someone will probably have a link for ya that'll help. Might even be something in the KB found here

Whichever way ya go best of luck
Tromper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #33
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
Tomorrow I will be riding from Singapore to Kuantan, Malaysia (one-way 388 km) on a 200cc Gilera VXR Scooter, with a Silverwing and a T-Max in tow .... will post a ride report when I am back.

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #34
conchscooter
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,830
I like the T-Max a lot, but when I compare price and features with the Honda Deauville, newly released in the US as the NT700 I wonder which way I would go....The T-Max is an automatic and something of a step through. The Deauville/NT700 is a fully functional sport touring bike in a manageable package.
Just thought I would mention it for a point of debate.

IBA#39,523
conchscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #35
bikecat
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,115
Back from my ride. Total distance was about near 800 km, about 380 or so in a day. No difficulty, no breakdowns.

Interestingly I was joined by 2 T-Maxes, the 2009 and 2008 versions. The T-Maxes were of course much more competent than my 200 cc machine. They can overtake with ease and I reckon is an excellent touring tool.

Cheers
bikecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #36
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Here's a scooter that would work...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...35&postcount=1

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #37
techguy
Scooter Trash

Oddometer: 845
CAtskill,

People never look at the BV, but they are great touring potential bikes and they are one of the very few scooters have have hard panniers ready...off the shelf...today.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:49 PM   #38
Catskill
tree hugger

Oddometer: 1,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy
CAtskill,

People never look at the BV, but they are great touring potential bikes and they are one of the very few scooters have have hard panniers ready...off the shelf...today.
It's a very low maintenance, high powered, great handling bike. Even if you don't buy mine I really can't say enough good things about it. I just have too many bikes and it's the one that has the most dust on it.

If we stuff the duck with chocolate, does that make him a fudge packer?
Catskill is offline   Reply With Quote