ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
Alaska Ride Presentation at RevZilla (Philly) Fall Open House - October 17, 2009

My friends at RevZilla Motorsports have asked me to be part of their Fall Open House on Saturday, October 17, 2009. In addition to their usual great deals on riding gear, maybe some refreshments and a door prize or two, I'll be doing a presentation on my recent ride to Alaska on my 2009 BMW F650GS. If you ever thought about making that trip or are just interested in long distance bike travel come on out. Should be a fun afternoon. More details as they become available - stay tuned!

Read about my 2009 ride to Alaska and the Pacific Northwest on this ADV Rider forum thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463900&
Bonneville 200mph Club, IBA #18825, previously diagnosed with Multiple Bike Disorder, yadda,yadda, yadda..
\www.2wheels4kids.com
JackB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:38 AM   #2
BoochZilla
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
We're excited to have Jack give his presentation on the 17th. Our open house will really be sport and adventure touring focused this time around.

We look forward to seeing everyone. More details to come. Feel free to shoot me a line.

Directions to our Philadelphia Headquarters and store can be found here.

RevZilla Philadelphia Motorcycle Gear Store

Anthony
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB1
My friends at RevZilla Motorsports have asked me to be part of their Fall Open House on Saturday, October 17, 2009. In addition to their usual great deals on riding gear, maybe some refreshments and a door prize or two, I'll be doing a presentation on my recent ride to Alaska on my 2009 BMW F650GS. If you ever thought about making that trip or are just interested in long distance bike travel come on out. Should be a fun afternoon. More details as they become available - stay tuned!

Read about my 2009 ride to Alaska and the Pacific Northwest on this ADV Rider forum thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463900&

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:46 PM   #3
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm spending time prepping my powerpoint presentation for the RevZilla Open House. Going through all my trip photos is almost like living my Alaska trip again... heavy emphasis on the "almost." Makes me actually want to head back out on the road - right now! Come on out to RevZilla (Philadelphia,PA) on Oct 17th to hear about the trip - where I went, how I got there, planning involved, bike mods, everything. Hope to see you there!

One of my very favorites - near Banff, Alberta!
Bonneville 200mph Club, IBA #18825, previously diagnosed with Multiple Bike Disorder, yadda,yadda, yadda..
\www.2wheels4kids.com
Old 09-26-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Just worked out a few more details about Oct 17th with RevZilla guys....Open house goes from noon till 4ish. Special deals on gear & "stuff" in their big showroom, door prizes & more. I'll do the Alaska ride show/presentation at about 2:00 pm and will stay around answering questions and talking long distance rides until, well, there is nobody left to talk to!!! Join me!

Jack
\www.2wheels4kids.com
Old 09-29-2009, 08:47 PM   #5
BoochZilla
Metal.Moto.Mania.

Oddometer: 762
For anyone who thought Jack was making things up and just coming in with a gun and hijacking our store that day.... take heed... he speaks the truth!

I have been under the gun lately, but I made sure I put it on our official blog..

See Jack Speak at RevZilla's Fall Open house on October 17th 2009

Any questions for me are welcome here or on our gear thread in vendors...

Anthony

'10 Multistrada 1200
'05 Monster S2R
BoochZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #6
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

FEAR OF PUBLIC SPEAKING!!!

OK, it's not so bad. Anyway, still looking forward to seeing Philly (and NJ, DE, and MD) riders at RevZilla next Saturday 10/17 to talk about the ride to Alaska. Tell your friends. Questions? PM me here of contact my friends at RevZilla above.
\www.2wheels4kids.com
Old 10-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #7
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Looks like Saturday is gonna be a lot like riding in Alaska - 50s and rainy! Should be lots of fun anyway. Hope to see friends, old and new, at RevZilla. Open House from Noon to 4:00ish - presentation on riding to Alaska at 2:00PM. Get more info by clicking HERE.

\www.2wheels4kids.com
Old 10-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #8
BushwickKLR
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,561
I will be there tomorrow. Well right after going to Pat's or Gino's for a Cheese Steak. I was hoping to ride down with a couple of others but rain & other stuff got in the way. So unless we have a few other NYkers want to tag along or let me ride along ... I will be riding solo. SEE YOU TOMORROW! Ride On!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #9
aphazia
KLR+Duct tape+Dreams!

Oddometer: 1,258
I would love to make it out, but being as I just got back from my 7 weeks / 12,000 miles on Tuesday night, the other half would probably beat me to death if I tried to leave the house on the bike, with or without her. ;)

Grats on the ride, brother - I know how long it is and how many miles that is! Wish I could do it again right now. ;)
Old 10-17-2009, 04:32 AM   #10
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Today's the day! 50 degrees and rainy - perfect mid-summer Alaska riding weather!!! RevZilla at 2 PM - Hope to see some of you there!!!

http://blog.revzilla.com/2009_09_01_archive.html
\www.2wheels4kids.com
Old 10-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #11
JackB1 OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Alaska Ride Presentation yesterday went great...had a nice crowd of friends old and new, including a number of ADV friends (despite the crummy weather.) Big thanks to Anthony, Nick, and Matt at RevZilla for facilitating the show! Hope everyone can complete their dream ride to Alaska!! Ride safe everyone!
\www.2wheels4kids.com