ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 AM   #31
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 339
I've yet to run my tank out to see what the mileage is, but I'm guessing around 150 miles. Definately going to strap a little plastic fuel jug on the tail rack.

Infidel, I could probably come down thursday evening and get the bike and gear loaded and tied down so that friday we could just get out of town fast. I have friday off, and the sooner we leave town the sooner we get there the sooner we can get sleep, the more alert we will be the next day for the ride. I talked with Vanguard and Warp9man and both are definately a "no" due to work.

I'm bringing a decent trail-side first aid kit, and a tool roll, and a 17" tube (because it seems like I'm the only person on these darn rides without a 18" rear) so I'm kind of hoping someone else has a spare 21" tube they like to pack.

So, all looks good to go. I'm really excited to go out for a final blast of the season. Anyone else going to be there with us? We'll have fun if you do, and we'll have fun anyhow if you can't make it.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:40 PM   #32
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Oddometer: 8,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by STARSKEY
I've yet to run my tank out to see what the mileage is, but I'm guessing around 150 miles. Definately going to strap a little plastic fuel jug on the tail rack.

Infidel, I could probably come down thursday evening and get the bike and gear loaded and tied down so that friday we could just get out of town fast. I have friday off, and the sooner we leave town the sooner we get there the sooner we can get sleep, the more alert we will be the next day for the ride. I talked with Vanguard and Warp9man and both are definately a "no" due to work.

I'm bringing a decent trail-side first aid kit, and a tool roll, and a 17" tube (because it seems like I'm the only person on these darn rides without a 18" rear) so I'm kind of hoping someone else has a spare 21" tube they like to pack.

So, all looks good to go. I'm really excited to go out for a final blast of the season. Anyone else going to be there with us? We'll have fun if you do, and we'll have fun anyhow if you can't make it.
Dat's a roger on dat plan........I could get off work Friday a couple hours early if it goes smoothly.....stay tuned.......I'll send you a PM with my address....expect to see you Thurs PM anytime after 17:30......

hey harcus, you coming...................
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
The Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #33
jtaylor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Keep us posted

Just keep us up to date on where and what time to meet saturday. I have some different options for anyone who wants to ride 3 states, almost all dirt, in a 200 mile + loop, gas in the middle, kinda torture ride, with some graded dirt roads, no trails xc, washes, canyons, and powerline trails. Whew, a mouthful but lots punishing fun!

JT
jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:47 PM   #34
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor
Just keep us up to date on where and what time to meet saturday. I have some different options for anyone who wants to ride 3 states, almost all dirt, in a 200 mile + loop, gas in the middle, kinda torture ride, with some graded dirt roads, no trails xc, washes, canyons, and powerline trails. Whew, a mouthful but lots punishing fun!

JT
Okay, lets plan for Saturday morning:

River road crosses the state line at North 36 Degrees 59.996 Minutes, West 113 Degrees 34.333 Minutes. If we all meet there at 9 in the morning we'll be good.

I'm interested in your three-state ride. Sounds brutally fun. Tell me PLEASE that it doesn't involve much sand. I hate sand!
Old 10-22-2009, 03:44 PM   #35
jtaylor
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Change In Plans

Sorry Guys, but an impromptu White Rim trip is in my future (on the mtb), so I'm not gonna be around this weekend. Have Fun down here!

JT
jtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM   #36
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

next set of posts will be after the rides........thanks to Starskey for the help in getting the muddy ms piggy back on track for riding the strip.....

be there or don't be there............
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #37
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

Bikes are loaded.......it's PLAY TIME! We'll be down there tomorrow NIGHT.

STARSKEY screwed with this post 10-23-2009 at 11:44 AM
STARSKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

no other takers?

we didn't see anyone else at the state line at 9 so we be off! if anyone wants to catch up with us, we are camped on a hill about a mile south of the state line. look for a white enclosed trailer with a white gmc pickup. coordinates are

n 36 degrees 58.364 minutes
w 113 degrees 33.609 minutes

we will be around until we leave on tuesday morning.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 PM   #39
mung
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 523
Trip

I was parked a quarter mile south of the overpass on river road. I must have been north of you guys. I waited until 11 and said screw it and left. That was a long drive to not hook up. Mark
mung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 08:49 AM   #40
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

Cry

good heck mung......i have no idea how we missed paths! sorry about that man. we were at the state line at 9 and saw nobody so we rolled on. we must have missed you by minutes and/or yards.

hope you got some good solo riding in. weather is perfect.
Old 10-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #41
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
good heck mung......i have no idea how we missed paths! sorry about that man. we were at the state line at 9 and saw nobody so we rolled on. we must have missed you by minutes and/or yards.

hope you got some good solo riding in. weather is perfect.
Back to SL,UT with approximately 70 photos and a 3 day ride report......ya' got till noon to get something up here.......Starskey.......

And mung, sorry to hear you were in the area.....I thought Starskey put up a list with no commitments PM'd or phoned.....we both had cells and Starskey was running his version of a Crackberry so we really thought nobody else had showed up....spotted lots of 4x4, 4 wheelers and pussies in those Rhino thingies but no other AdvRiders on moto's..............
Old 10-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #42
STARSKEY OP
Wandering Soul

Here's something.....more to follow...still trying to figure out where my camera is. Guess I better keep unpacking.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #43
trackhead
Utard Wankster

Oddometer: 2,754
Quote:
Here's something.....more to follow...still trying to figure out where my camera is. Guess I better keep unpacking.
No photo.........

Come on, work suxs today, post some phucking fotos already. We can't be expected to be productive.
trackhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:20 PM   #44
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackhead
No photo.........

Come on, work suxs today, post some phucking fotos already. We can't be expected to be productive.
I was extremely productive and have pics loaded but needed to do a valve check.........tutoring provided by mr harcus esquire...........who got into my very loose valve train and couldn't decide why they had become so loose and noisy........consequently, compression test and a couple hours later...........he has seen the entire slideshow with a live ride report........

It's coming..............soon..............

Old 10-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #45
The Walrus
Gone and back again.

So the Starskey........and the Infidel........drived by St George.....slept ona floor Friday eve......glass o' wine with me dad..............then off in the AM to find that spot just over the Arizona rising border........unload and git this ride started.....picked this spot on a nice corner of the road due to the beautiful view to the N/W/E with a gypsum mine to the S but the place was trashed, truly FU'd......didn't pull in deep fortunately cause there's nails all over that trashed site....more on site picking at the end........

And off we go ariding to the major landmark of the Mount Trumbull Schoolhouse where we didn't get pics of the Dixie students conducting a land use survey......and the cute blondie who liked my bike.................but I did save a salute for y'all........

and Starskey looked for the school marm without success...

This be approx. 48 miles from the camp.........