ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 PM   #166
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
True and true. They are fantastic bikes. Cross-country, who is a skilled pilot of a 950 SE, swears they are everything the SE is, only better and 150 lbs lighter. Nonetheless, I ain't selling the SE.

I have a pair of 09 530 XC-Ws I'm looking to sell.
I'm excited about a 690, that's for sure! The bike I wanted didn't work out for the buyer that was ahead of me, so when he bailed, I was given 2nd choice! Hopefully by this time next week I'll have it in my possession! I can't wait, it's going to be a huge upgrade from the old DR650.

I wouldn't mind a 530, but I have my beater WR450 that seems to do the job. I'm sure your 530 XC-W's will sell quick, they're awesome dirt bikes!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #167
jeepnut
too tall

Oddometer: 45
KTM 690 quest

What about one of these?
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3041134044.html
They are super reliable and handle great for what they are. No worries about a weird fuel injection problem in the middle of nowhere.
I'll be watching for a 690 for you as well.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #168
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnut View Post
What about one of these?
http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/3041134044.html
They are super reliable and handle great for what they are. No worries about a weird fuel injection problem in the middle of nowhere.
I'll be watching for a 690 for you as well.
Hey Walt! I've secured a KTM 690 already, but that 640 Adventure sure looks great, thanks for the link!

I will be picking up my new 690 next Friday, I'm so excited! I think I'm going to take a ride on it Sat & Sunday, heading into the mountains, over some of the great CO passes, spend the night in Buena Vista, then head back home.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #169
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,549
Today, going west over Bolam Pass:

Then:

And finally:

Had to ride all the way back down to the ski resort; and you know how much I hate to ride dirt. ;-)

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better

Colorado Uli screwed with this post 06-05-2012 at 06:56 AM
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #170
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Very nice Uli, looks like a cool mountain ride!
Old 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM   #171
Cloud9
I was HERE?

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
True and true. They are fantastic bikes. Cross-country, who is a skilled pilot of a 950 SE, swears they are everything the SE is, only better and 150 lbs lighter. Nonetheless, I ain't selling the SE.

I have a pair of 09 530 XC-Ws I'm looking to sell.
Just curious Jim, how much do you want for your 530s? Are they plated?

Cloud9 screwed with this post 06-04-2012 at 08:42 PM
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:37 PM   #172
Cloud9
I was HERE?

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJRider View Post
Hey guys thanks for the replys. Yea, from the border to the first small running creek I came to was about 19 miles. I had to call it and turn back just because I wasn't 100% sure where I was going It sure gets pretty rugged back there!
On another note about the Tabaguache.. the section running from Bangs Canyon parking lot going towards Hwy 141 is ridable but....the last 1/4 mile or less is private land with No bypass for motorized vehicles I think Cloud9 has dropped in somewhere else, but I'm not sure about that. I would love to know as well!!!
For motorized, the Tab starts at Bangs Canyon Trailhead. They closed it off from Monument Road because of the cry baby hikers and bicyclist. Correctly speaking, you can't get to Hwy 141with a motorized vehical on the Tab from Bangs Canyon Trailhead... yet! There's talk of a land swap which may make the connection (that will probably take 20-30 years if at all mainly because the AANs don't want the connection and the BLM feels it must obey them regardless of what it's own plan says. So they try to look like they're making an effort with rumors, don't expect anything though).

But if you're a bicyclist you can ride to 141, yes that's right, they have they own special route to make the connection to Hwy 141. Motorcycles could also use this route but the bicyclist said no and that was all the BLM needed to know. The BLM was to make this connection more that twenty years ago as part of the LAST RMP but just couldn't manage. Yet some how they found the time and money to do it for the bicyclist... imagine that.

There is a way... you just have to know how.
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #173
AdvRonski
They call me......Ronski

Oddometer: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
For motorized, the Tab starts at Bangs Canyon Trailhead. They closed it off from Monument Road because of the cry baby hikers and bicyclist. Correctly speaking, you can't get to Hwy 141with a motorized vehical on the Tab from Bangs Canyon Trailhead... yet! There's talk of a land swap which may make the connection (that will probably take 20-30 years if at all mainly because the AANs don't want the connection and the BLM feels it must obey them regardless of what it's own plan says. So they try to look like they're making an effort with rumors, don't expect anything though).

But if you're a bicyclist you can ride to 141, yes that's right, they have they own special route to make the connection to Hwy 141. Motorcycles could also use this route but the bicyclist said no and that was all the BLM needed to know. The BLM was to make this connection more that twenty years ago as part of the LAST RMP but just couldn't manage. Yet some how they found the time and money to do it for the bicyclist... imagine that.

There is a way... you just have to know how.

I'm ready to ride that with you-just say when!
In fact, I'm riding Butterknife tomorrow, I may take a ride down the Tab as well.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #174
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 18,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9 View Post
Just curious Jim, how much do you want for your 530s? Are they plated?
Not plated- they are both XC-Ws. Price will depend on what you want / don't want on them. I have so much shit for these bikes that when they were farkled up, no one was interested in them for the price. So, I'm stripping them down to stock and selling parts. Basically, I'm looking at $4,500 to $5,000 each give or take. I haven't re-listed them yet, but plan on doing so very soon. I'm in no rush to get rid of them, although having 6 KTMs in my garage is a bit of a hassle.
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #175
Colorado Uli

Quote:
.., although having 6 KTMs in my garage is a bit of a hassle.
Boohoo!

Das KTM520
Old 06-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #176
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 18,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Boohoo!
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #177
HiluxCrux
Under western skies.

Oddometer: 125
Yeah 6 KTMs. That must really suck.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #178
Colorado Uli

Nice garage

Das KTM520
Old 06-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #179
jeepnut
too tall

Oddometer: 45
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
I will be picking up my new 690 next Friday, I'm so excited! I think I'm going to take a ride on it Sat & Sunday, heading into the mountains, over some of the great CO passes, spend the night in Buena Vista, then head back home.
You sure like to jump in with both feet! I want to know everything you do to that 690, I still haven't ever finished setting mine up for adv riding. It is super fun, though!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #180
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnut View Post
You sure like to jump in with both feet! I want to know everything you do to that 690, I still haven't ever finished setting mine up for adv riding. It is super fun, though!
I figure there's no better way to get to know a new bike than to head out for a couple days into the mountains of Colorado and see if it's the right one for me.

I wouldn't mind some company though, if anybody is interested! I'm sure my wife would feel better if I weren't traveling solo, but I'm fine with it.

Here's the new ride, still in Fort Collins until Friday. -

I'm not a huge fan of the aluminum panniers, or the street-oriented tires, but they'll work for the time being. The heated grips may be needed over Cottonwood and Hagerman Pass!