ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #241
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,187
Anyone riding this weekend? I got out last weekend for a good day ride, into the NF in Glade Park... just barely missed the rain! It was a good ride!

I'd like to get out this weekend, possibly Saturday morning... thinking of exploring the lesser traveled roads in the Bookcliffs. Anyone game for getting lost?
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #242
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,549
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead2009 View Post
Hello from a newby to the area and this site. I am living in Crested Butte and looking for people to ride with. I try and get out on the bike every day that the skies are not dumping on me and some that they are lol. Any way Hello guys see ya all out there in the mountains.
Welcome to the asylum.

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #243
Cloud9
I was HERE?

Oddometer: 1,877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
Anyone riding this weekend? I got out last weekend for a good day ride, into the NF in Glade Park... just barely missed the rain! It was a good ride!

I'd like to get out this weekend, possibly Saturday morning... thinking of exploring the lesser traveled roads in the Bookcliffs. Anyone game for getting lost?
Sunday or Monday for me. Have to work Saturdays. Then again not sure this Sunday is good either. Maybe, maybe not, Damnitall!
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #244
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

I didn't make out out last weekend, hoping to get out this weekend... still want to ride the Bookcliffs! Any locals up for a ride?
Old 07-26-2012, 04:21 PM   #245
jeepnut
too tall

Oddometer: 45
Are we ever going to get to ride together again, Greg? I could probably go tomorrow, but Saturday is out and Sunday doesn't look good for me. I'm sending you some Google Earth files to an old email address I have for you. It's a ride I did in the Bookcliffs about a month ago. I'm sure the part I didn't get to connect is stunning, but there is a private property sign at each point where I turned around. Guess I'm just wondering if you know if it is OK to go through there, like when there is a county road through private property.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #246
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnut View Post
Are we ever going to get to ride together again, Greg? I could probably go tomorrow, but Saturday is out and Sunday doesn't look good for me. I'm sending you some Google Earth files to an old email address I have for you. It's a ride I did in the Bookcliffs about a month ago. I'm sure the part I didn't get to connect is stunning, but there is a private property sign at each point where I turned around. Guess I'm just wondering if you know if it is OK to go through there, like when there is a county road through private property.
I hope so Walt! Tomorrow isn't looking too good for me, unfortunately! Hopefully we'll be looking at some property in Palisade.

I got the files, looks like a great place to ride! I haven't been there yet, but now I want to go! A lot of those roads are open for thru travel, as the roads travel thru privately owned property. Most of the signs I have seen allow travel on the road, but not off the road. I'm not sure if this is the specific case here, but it may be.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #247
minerbill
Emits Methane

Oddometer: 298
HEY JEEPNUT

I can get out in the AM Friday. Would you be interested in some Douglas pass country? Easy to medium, all scenic. PM for details.
minerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #248
jeepnut
too tall

Thumb

Quote:
Hopefully we'll be looking at some property in Palisade.
Keep me informed! There are some great places in Palisade!
Old 07-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #249
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,571
Anybody need some street oriented dual sport tires? I have a set of Avon Gripsters that are near new. 21/18 off a KTM 690. Bring me a sixer of Pinstripe and they are yours.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #250
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Anybody need some street oriented dual sport tires? I have a set of Avon Gripsters that are near new. 21/18 off a KTM 690. Bring me a sixer of Pinstripe and they are yours.
I'll take them, could always use another set of tires for my 690! Whats your schedule like?
Old 07-29-2012, 05:20 PM   #251
minerbill
Emits Methane

What happens when you take a KTM 690 Enduro with a 100 mile range on a 150 mile ride?

You find the longest hose on the KTM and siphon gas out of the ole super tanker KLR.

Jeepnut and I had a great ride Friday. We met in Loma and took off to the single track that runs west from 139 over to the Baxter Pass road. Atchee is about 44 miles from there. That's when we got creative with the gas. 80 oz at Atchee and 60 oz at 139 got Walt safely back to town.

We had weather chasing us most of the day so only the one picture.

Loma to Baxter to Oil Spring Mtn and back over Douglas mostly haulin' ass.

Was was a good ride.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #252
cross-country

Oddometer: 1,571
Quote:
I'll take them, could always use another set of tires for my 690! Whats your schedule like?
Pretty open till Thurs. I'll pm you my #.
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:56 PM   #253
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minerbill View Post
What happens when you take a KTM 690 Enduro with a 100 mile range on a 150 mile ride?

You find the longest hose on the KTM and siphon gas out of the ole super tanker KLR.

Jeepnut and I had a great ride Friday. We met in Loma and took off to the single track that runs west from 139 over to the Baxter Pass road. Atchee is about 44 miles from there. That's when we got creative with the gas. 80 oz at Atchee and 60 oz at 139 got Walt safely back to town.

We had weather chasing us most of the day so only the one picture.

Loma to Baxter to Oil Spring Mtn and back over Douglas mostly haulin' ass.

Was was a good ride.
Looks like a great time guys! Any washouts up there, with the recent down pours?

The 690's weakness as an adventure bike is no doubt the fuel capacity! I'm working on installing my Rally Raid tanks now, should put me in the 230-250 range without hauling the weight of 8 gallons, like my old DR650 with the Safari tank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Pretty open till Thurs. I'll pm you my #.
Thanks Tony, back at ya!
Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 PM   #254
minerbill
Emits Methane

Roads were all good. The west side of Oil Spring was better than when I ran it this spring.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #255
jeepnut
too tall

Hey Bill,
Thanks again for the gas and for leading me around on a cool ride! I got rained on some on the way back to Loma, first time I've ever ridden on knobbies on wet pavement, but it was all good! The wind and sun sure dried me out by the time I got back to Loma.