ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #271
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,170
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJMark View Post
Thanks to Colorado Uli for suggesting Adventure Rider. The Grand JUnction area is a JEWEL. I've ridden for 40+ years and just got my first dual sport (DR650) last summer. I've about filled the cup with toys...touring scooter, check...touring big iron, check...dual sport, check. Any tips on how to improve my trail skills would be greatly appreciated.

My wife loves to ride pillion so I extended her pegs to keep her knees out of her ears. Simple plates bolted on. Lowered her pegs about three inches and made it much more comfortable for her.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and benefiting from your expertise...I'm here to learn! Thanks folks.

Welcome to ADVRider and the Rockies forum Mark! The DR650 is a great do-it all bike, I've had a couple and really like them.

The best way to increase your trail skill is to get out and ride! Like you said, GJ is a great place for riding... lots of places to go & many different ways to get there.

We need to work on putting together some local GJ rides once it warms up and the desert dries out. There are quite a few Western Slope/GJ guys here, shouldn't be hard to get out once a month for a dirt ride.
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #272
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Oddometer: 17,803
Quote:
Thanks to Colorado Uli for suggesting Adventure Rider. The Grand JUnction area is a JEWEL. I've ridden for 40+ years and just got my first dual sport (DR650) last summer. I've about filled the cup with toys...touring scooter, check...touring big iron, check...dual sport, check. Any tips on how to improve my trail skills would be greatly appreciated.

My wife loves to ride pillion so I extended her pegs to keep her knees out of her ears. Simple plates bolted on. Lowered her pegs about three inches and made it much more comfortable for her.

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you and benefiting from your expertise...I'm here to learn! Thanks folks.
Strike one for associating with Colorado Uli. You have an uphill battle to earn any respect around here.

Welcome Mark! I'm a Gland Function rider, too. That Uli is a bad seed, I tell you. Bad, bad seed. Have you met his dog Luttefisk?
unaweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #273
GJMark
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
Strike one for associating with Colorado Uli. You have an uphill battle to earn any respect around here.

Welcome Mark! I'm a Gland Function rider, too. That Uli is a bad seed, I tell you. Bad, bad seed. Have you met his dog Luttefisk?
Met Luttefisk last Saturday...that's how I found out he is a KTM rider. He's a lucky dog!
GJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:43 PM   #274
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Quote:
Met Luttefisk last Saturday...that's how I found out he is a KTM rider. He's a lucky dog!
Uli is a lucky dog. I let him hang out with me from time to time.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #275
Colorado Uli
Motociclista Non Elegante

Oddometer: 2,544
Hi Mark! Welcome to ADVrider.

First things first: Unaweep drinks Bud Light! (this just to show the man's poor taste and lack of character)

Then: Ludwig the dog is way too cool for shady trolls like that guy above. He's jealous and making fun of Ludwig's name is the best he can do. What a hater. So sad ....

Then: Cindy also likes to ride pillion, so we may be able to do a ride together some time this spring. Also, if you want to practice sometime, I like going out behind the airport to stretch my legs on the bike in the evenings and wouldn't mind at all if I had some company.

Thanks for all the help with setting me up with the windows deal. Hopefully I'll get the order in this or next week.

Cheers!

"Now with more SE then ever!"
Das KTM520
2004 KTM 625 SXC - Sick. Getting better
Colorado Uli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #276
unaweep
Uses lotsa band-aids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Uli View Post
Hi Mark! Welcome to ADVrider.

First things first: Unaweep drinks Bud Light! (this just to show the man's poor taste and lack of character)

Then: Ludwig the dog is way too cool for shady trolls like that guy above. He's jealous and making fun of Ludwig's name is the best he can do. What a hater. So sad ....

Then: Cindy also likes to ride pillion, so we may be able to do a ride together some time this spring. Also, if you want to practice sometime, I like going out behind the airport to stretch my legs on the bike in the evenings and wouldn't mind at all if I had some company.

Thanks for all the help with setting me up with the windows deal. Hopefully I'll get the order in this or next week.

Cheers!
That I hang out with you is all I need to prove my poor taste and shady character!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #277
Colorado Uli

Quote:
Originally Posted by unaweep View Post
That I hang out with you is all I need to prove my poor taste and shady character!
True that.

Das KTM520
Old 02-21-2013, 11:12 AM   #278
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,412
He may be shady, but Uli makes the ULTIMATE breakfast Burritos!
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #279
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Oddometer: 1,336

Oh yes he does indeed!!

And pay no attention to that waskally wabbit!! (hi Jim!)
'04 KTM 525
adventure girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #280
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Did you guys see this?

Grand Junction KTM / BMW
[Feb. 2013]

Save $2 pre-register for the premier at Grand Junction BMW / KTM before Feb. 28th

Premier showing of COBDR Documentary
Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route - Documentary Trailer

Join us in Grand Junction for one of the most exciting motorcycle documentary releases of the year. We can't think of a better way to kick off the 2013 riding season than releasing the new Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route (COBDR) movie in our own back yard.

• The doors open at 6:00 PM on Thursday February 28th

• Location Band of Brothers building at 2538 I70 Frontage Road Grand Junction, Colorado.
  • Movie starts at 7:00 sharp.

The total price of an advance ticket is $10 includes food and beverage, tickets at the door $12.

There will be some bonus footage and Q&A time after the one-hour COBDR movie is shown for the first time ever in Colorado.

Details:

Where - Band of Brothers Building, 2538 I70 Frontage Road, Grand Junction Co. 81506

When - Thursday February 28th, 2013. Doors open at 6:00pm, documentary premier starts at 7:00pm
The total price of the ticket is $10 with tax included. A total of $10 per ticket will be billed to your card after your order is submitted. No physical ticket will be mailed to you. You will simply be added to the guestlist and can check in at the door the night of the event.
Tom Myers and Paul Guillien of Touratech-USA have teamed up with Rob Watt, Bryce Stevens, Justin Bradshaw and Sterling Noren to create a 501c(4) non-profit organization dedicated to establishing and preserving off-pavement riding opportunities for dual-sport and adventure-touring motorcycles. One of the primary goals of the Backcountry Discovery Routes organization is to create routes that cross entire states using primarily unpaved roads across public lands and mountain ranges.
In the last few years, the team has created both the Washington and Utah Backcountry Discovery Routes, and has just completed a route for the state of Colorado, which will be released to the public with free GPS tracks in early 2013.
The expedition team included Backcountry Discovery Route board members named above, as well as journalist Tony Huegel, photographer Jonathan Beck and KLIM's Jayson Wickencamp. The team filmed the first expedition of the Colorado Backcountry Discovery Route (COBDR) in August of this year for a forthcoming film, produced by Noren Films, which will highlight their 700+ mile off-road expedition across the state of Colorado.
"I'm really excited to release the latest installment in the Backcountry Discovery Route series, the COBDR. It was a wonderful motorcycle expedition and I think we've created a classic adventure ride. Viewers of the film will get a taste of what awaits them in Colorado - spectacular scenery, historic mining towns and exhilarating adventure riding on what is arguably one of the best rides in the country."
- Sterling Noren, Producer, Noren Films

Feel free to contact us with any questions at 970-245-0812 Ext 11.

We're here to help you!

Sincerely,

The Crew
Grand Junction KTM / BMW
The Crew

Mike Oliver Jared Muneio Mike Guidry Phil Hernandez
Sales Parts KTM Tech BMW Tech

This email was sent to rebajean116@hotmail.com by sam@gjharley.com |
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe |Privacy Policy.
Grand Junction Harley-Davidson / BMW | 2747 Crossroads Blvd. | Grand Junction | CO | 81506

'04 KTM 525
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #281
jjustj
cum petris et choris

Oddometer: 5,389
be warned tho

Sometimes Uli has crime scene tape on his bike , and thats no Joke! the way he rides!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348508
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489958 Sunday worship, a strap-on, and Does this water taste funny?
jjustj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #282
adventure girl
Donde esta la playa?!?

Now SOMEONE must have pictures of Uli riding with the helmet that had horns on it!
'04 KTM 525
Old 02-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #283
Colorado Uli

He he ... Them there pictures are in my secret vault. :-)

BTW - that picture Adventure girl posted of piggy parts getting done in the disco, that was the last time I ate anything like that, a.k.a. the end of the piggy years. Sigh!

Looking forward to spring more than ever before.

Das KTM520
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #284
Colorado Uli

Ludwig wants piggy!!!!

Das KTM520