ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 06:30 AM   #391
benjamin1031
Adventurer

Oddometer: 58
Animas forks

Just read on silverton's chamber of commerce website that CR 2 has been cleared all the way to animas forks!! The mountain season is upon us!!
benjamin1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #392
Powderaddict
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiryas View Post
My backyard. Its an out and back trail, not bad but not high country single track either. Gonna have to get real hot real quick in the next couple of weeks for a Memorial day trip. Will keep you posted though
Thanks. If there's not much riding up there anyways, maybe we will make some other plans. Is it just the jeep trail that goes to the lakes, and thats it?

previous: Suzuki Intruder 1400, KLR 250, KLR 650, Ninja 650r, Triumph Sprint ST, Yamaha Seca II, Yamaha XS650, Suzuki TS185
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #393
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 556
Just got my 950 Adventure running again, and would be great to meet up with some other riders and do some riding.

Been here 7 years, but alas, life got in the way, but this summer I'm looking to change that. So many parts of this state I need to see.
motoracer51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #394
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Just got my 950 Adventure running again, and would be great to meet up with some other riders and do some riding.

Been here 7 years, but alas, life got in the way, but this summer I'm looking to change that. So many parts of this state I need to see.

We should plan a GJ area Meet & Greet ride one of these weekends... even something as simple as riding over John Brown to Moab and back for the day. See if we can get some other local ADV'ers out for fun & good times!
Greg@RME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #395
balto68
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Well I just completed my rider safety course, and I'm excited to get my hands on a bike and hit the road! If any of you have any leads on a cheap ($2500 or less) KLR650 or something similar, let me know! The hunt begins! There are a handful of good deals on the front range but I don't have a truck, so I'm brainstorming solutions...

Also, I don't know if it's weird to ask this... but if any of you have a KLR and you wouldn't mind letting me take a look at it and maybe even teaching me a little about the bike, that'd be super helpful. Or if you know some kind soul who might be willing to lend me a hand. Not looking to ride your bike! But I honestly haven't even sat on one before. I'd like to see how I fit, mostly. I'm specifically looking at pre-2008 KLRs, simply because of price.

balto68 screwed with this post 05-12-2013 at 04:02 PM
balto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:16 PM   #396
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@RME View Post
We should plan a GJ area Meet & Greet ride one of these weekends... even something as simple as riding over John Brown to Moab and back for the day. See if we can get some other local ADV'ers out for fun & good times!

I'm down, and I have a buddy who also has a 990 Adv. Call the date.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 PM   #397
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
I'm down, and I have a buddy who also has a 990 Adv. Call the date.
Sweet! My bike is in the shop this week, hopefully will have it back in my hands for a decent test ride this next weekend. The following weekend is Memorial Day and I've got plans... how about the weekend after that?

Say, Saturday, June 1st?

Meet nice & early (8 am?) somewhere in Junction, ride down Unaweep Canyon to Gateway, then John Brown to Moab... either the North or South side of the La Sals. Late lunch in Moab, then back to GJ by the river road. We could ride from Cisco and some dirt roads to Westwater, then the old highway back to town.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #398
Ozzie
OZZIE

Oddometer: 102
GJ meet and greet

June 1st would work great for me. Count me in.

Ozzie
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #399
motoracer51
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Sweet! My bike is in the shop this week, hopefully will have it back in my hands for a decent test ride this next weekend. The following weekend is Memorial Day and I've got plans... how about the weekend after that?

Say, Saturday, June 1st?

Meet nice & early (8 am?) somewhere in Junction, ride down Unaweep Canyon to Gateway, then John Brown to Moab... either the North or South side of the La Sals. Late lunch in Moab, then back to GJ by the river road. We could ride from Cisco and some dirt roads to Westwater, then the old highway back to town.

Sounds good to me.

What do you ride? Maybe meet someplace downtown for some coffee before we leave?
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #400
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Sounds good to me.

What do you ride? Maybe meet someplace downtown for some coffee before we leave?
Works for me! Any suggestions on a meeting place?

I ride a KTM 690 Enduro, little brother to the big Adventure and SE's.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:20 AM   #401
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
June 1st would work great for me. Count me in.

Ozzie
Sounds good Ozzie! Will you be on the V-Strom?
Old 05-13-2013, 09:01 AM   #402
Ozzie
OZZIE

Oddometer: 102
ride

Greg, yes I will. Most likely ride with you guys to Gateway then finish the loop thru Naturita and Ridgeway. Just have straight road tires on it right now.

Oz
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #403
Mala Suerte
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:

Say, Saturday, June 1st?

I need to get the forks on my KLR rebuilt, but I'm in (assuming the wife hasn't made plans for that date).

Moved here in January, but I've just been riding back and forth to work.
Mala Suerte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 09:13 AM   #404
Graywolf11
Lobo Loco Moto

Oddometer: 996
Cool2

Quote:
Works for me! Any suggestions on a meeting place?
How's about Randy's Southside Diner at 8:30? Wheels up at 9:15 or thereabouts.
Touring by motorbike, more than any other mode of transportation, allows us to be more fully engaged with people, culture and the natural world - especially the bugs.
Graywolf11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #405
Greg@RME OP
Mis-Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie View Post
Greg, yes I will. Most likely ride with you guys to Gateway then finish the loop thru Naturita and Ridgeway. Just have straight road tires on it right now.

Oz
Sounds good, that's why I asked... those roads would be pretty rough for a Strom with street tires. I do love the rest of the ride you will be making!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mala Suerte View Post
I need to get the forks on my KLR rebuilt, but I'm in (assuming the wife hasn't made plans for that date).

Moved here in January, but I've just been riding back and forth to work.
Get them done and we will see you out there! Always fun to meet other local riders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywolf11 View Post
How's about Randy's Southside Diner at 8:30? Wheels up at 9:15 or thereabouts.
Sounds like a plan, got an address by chance?