Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2009, 03:35 PM   #2971
Twiniver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Pete
What he said!
I think he said "happy new year" he five different lanuages!

I modified the rear of my AT before christmas, looks like this now!

Twiniver screwed with this post 01-03-2009 at 02:40 AM
Twiniver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:16 AM   #2972
oly_ro
I STAND ALONE

Oddometer: 48
done!

i finished most of the winter work on my AT and dang she looks younger ,she got new wind shield,fairing ,cables,
clean and sincronized carbs new grips and mutch more ,now i'm planning on
building two aluminium side panniers! BUT just out of the fucking blue my clutch started ratteling like
hell.....not like clack clack more like dong dong .....could it be the new Repsol 15w50 ?
Anyway here's some pictures before and after

oly_ro screwed with this post 01-03-2009 at 01:36 AM
oly_ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 04:56 AM   #2973
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,395
Probably your bike is expressing itself in another language...dong dong means clack clack... and it probably means that something is wrong and needs to be taken care of right away...!

Your bike is looking much better!

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 05:59 AM   #2974
fabienlegall
Adventurer

Oddometer: 66
Thumb

Nice job

Did you use original Honda stickers or did you paint the scheme directly on the tank and fairings?
fabienlegall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #2975
oly_ro
I STAND ALONE

Oddometer: 48
locorider gave me a link on the ebay(thank you thank you ) and i bought them from there, they are NOT honda original and i chose a colour too brite.....but hey they cost less then half ....mutch less and after all they look good ....
Old 01-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #2976
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Any of you RD03 owners recommend any particular brake pads? Ive been searching, and the only things I can find are eBay stores that look kind of sketchy. I've cross referenced the pads, but the selection is still pretty thin. Anyone have any ideas?

It also looks like I need to replace my rear disc...
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #2977
Macosie
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum
Any of you RD03 owners recommend any particular brake pads? Ive been searching, and the only things I can find are eBay stores that look kind of sketchy. I've cross referenced the pads, but the selection is still pretty thin. Anyone have any ideas?

Lst time I changed 'em, I used Wemoto.com. Good service.
Macosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 07:10 AM   #2978
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,395
You can search the web with the part number...43105-KT7-762 and 43106-KT7-762...left and right. (reference from the part list).

You'll find that the 1989 Honda CB400F uses the 43105-KT7-762, but not the other one....I think the first TA's that got rear disk brakes used the same pad, but verify first. There is the eBay option too.

You can take them to a brake recap factory, if you have access to one

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian

locorider screwed with this post 01-04-2009 at 07:17 AM
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 AM   #2979
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by locorider
You can search the web with the part number...43105-KT7-762 and 43106-KT7-762...left and right. (reference from the part list).

You'll find that the 1989 Honda CB400F uses the 43105-KT7-762, but not the other one....I think the first TA's that got rear disk brakes used the same pad, but verify first. There is the eBay option too.

I will have to check out wemoto. I've heard of them but kind of ignored it, since he is overseas.

I did do the eBay option, but the only thing I could find were "generic" pads which said would fit XRV 650, NX 650 etc, but they had no brand name so it seemed sketchy. Do you guys usually have good luck with finding the correct parts on eBay?

Oh, one other question: I have heard HH rated brake pads are more related to racing and performance and can be touchy. In general are you guys using HH or GG rated pads? Sorry if it is a stupid question.

E-Bum screwed with this post 01-04-2009 at 11:30 AM
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #2980
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by oly_ro
locorider gave me a link on the ebay(thank you thank you ) and i bought them from there, they are NOT honda original and i chose a colour too brite.....but hey they cost less then half ....mutch less and after all they look good ....
Congrats! AT looks awesome now. I love the look of the RD07 front cowl.

BTW: PLEASE would you or locorider post the e-Bay link for the stickers
A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #2981
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Puke It's survey time ........

K ..... It's survey time to all you out there.

But, here's where I'm at and I'm not sure what to do.

I had a few refferals for places to do the painting ...... so I stopped in and got estimates from places to do up the front cowl and fender ... just to see how much they'd quote me .....

Well from all 3 places, it was in the 400 dollar ball park .... and here are the reasons why, and something I need to think about if I do this on my own .....
Because the plastics currently have a Maaco type paint and bake on them, the paint needs to be completely sanded off - this is if I don't want the paint to flake off of the plastic like the current paint is doing - then after completely sanding the paint off, a sealer needs to be applied, then a plastic primer needs to be put on - for the paint to properly bond and not flake off - that needs to be sanded lightly then - the coats of paint - and finally the clear.
Also on the front cowl, it's been fixed / repaired which it's obvious to see from the inside of the cowl, and they did it old school with fiberglass, which is not fully sealed to the inside of the cowl, as I was shown today.

So out of all 3 referrals, the one dude I would have do this, said not only would he fix the fiber repair job and bond / seal it all correctly for me, but accurately match the paint ...... He does a lot of custom paint jobs on bikes, and had a bunch of his work in his shop ........ I'm sure he can match the paint.

Last - I do have the cash to do this, I sacked some away for restoring this bike - I just didn't think it would cost as much from a pro. It could be 3 weeks from now and another cowl is on E-Bay Germany, and I score it for 100 bucks - or it could be 8, 9, 10 months before another pops up. You all know how it goes ......
Plus - I don't really have the facilities to even sand down and rattle can the cowl and fender - so that needs to be taken into consideration - I would have to go else where to at least paint the plastics - I prolly could in fact sand them at home ........

So! Here it is ......

Do I be a cheap bastard and try and do this myself - where the best I will be able to do is closely match the white for the cowl and fender - though I wouldn't be fixing any fiber repair work - I would be de glossing the current paint, and painting over it .......

Or do I spend the money (again which I have) and have a pro do it, and it's done right and matches. And if it takes me "x" amount of time to find another cowl, mine wouldn't look "trashy"
If I brought it to the dude tomorrow, I'd have the plastics back between Friday and Monday.
Oh - and had the dude said 200 bucks - I wouldn't even be posting this question ........

What say ye?

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #2982
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,500
It sounds to me that you want to drop off the fairing at the painter's and you want one of us to tell you to do it. You mentioned a couple of times you have the money for it. So, just do it already. Happy now?

Jim.

oly_ro, nice bike!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 PM   #2983
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rowley
It sounds to me that you want to drop off the fairing at the painter's and you want one of us to tell you to do it. You mentioned a couple of times you have the money for it. So, just do it already. Happy now?

Jim.

oly_ro, nice bike!!!
Yes Jim ......

Actually you're spot on with your take on it ....... I look at the plastics and there's not much there since it's just the two pieces, but then there are the other factors, as I stated ......

I'm mulling ........

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #2984
Denalidirt
High Plains Drifter

Oddometer: 803
any idea on how to post a pic?
Denalidirt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #2985
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,805
Hungry Monster.

Uh ohh.......

Feeding time for the OCD monster.

You know you're not gonna like it any other way.

shhhhhh....actually I'm with you on this one.....I really like my bike to look good - so I can get it all muddy and if you DIY you're always gonna be looking at the imperfect parts of it.

At least you did the tank by yourself so you're insulated from the "crash the perfect bike" Karma.

Ya know, I've never seen a Yak wear Birks.

Ladder106 screwed with this post 01-05-2009 at 06:56 PM
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote