ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2009, 01:48 AM   #4291
Andy G
2wheeled alpinist
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: eastern Munich outback, Bavaria, Germany
Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by stege
Honda is working (according to Motorrad DE) on a Africa Twin followup, namely Africa Four, equipped with the 1200c V4 from the new VFR1200.


PIC
the annual hoax, as usual... though I hope they'll never make one of these nightmares come true . A fat belly fat ass Varadero with GS1200 wheels can never be the successor of the AT.

Cheers, Andy
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #4292
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer
 
E-Bum's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 655
Personally, I hope they never remake the AT. I think unless it comes with a pair of Lockheed Martin engines, anything will be a disappointment.
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #4293
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!
 
locorider's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Puerto Rico, U.S.A.
Oddometer: 2,431
There is a Varadero for sale here ... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509005

__________________
Carlos locorider
1989 Honda XL600V Transalp, slightly modified!

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #4294
Andy G
2wheeled alpinist
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: eastern Munich outback, Bavaria, Germany
Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Bum
Personally, I hope they never remake the AT. I think unless it comes with a pair of Lockheed Martin engines, anything will be a disappointment.
oh, I can imagine some nice future ATs:
[dream]
- <1000ccm
- 80 - 100hp
- <200kg
- >250mm suspension travel
- choice between carbs and injection
- abs and non-abs version
- chain, no shaft
- 18' rear / 21' front wheel
- small dual headlights
- crash resistant plastics with good wind / weather protection for the rider
- >400km fuel range
- comfy seat
- same or better reliabillity as old AT
- absolutely no electronic overkill: mechanical speedo, no H.I.S.S. or similar stuff...
- real bash plate, no plastic
- should take any kind of normal automotive fuel: leaded, unleaded 70 - 100 octane
[/dream]

@ the Honda guys: READ THIS!!!

Cheers, Andi
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 AM   #4295
Hodgo
TWIN Cylinder ADV
 
Hodgo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Brisbane
Oddometer: 1,542
Piccies

Heres some Pictures from my recent 3000km ride to NSW & Back.

Cairn Monument. Geographical Centre of New South Wales. "Southern State of Australia" Capital is Sydney.


Camping in a bit of a Dust Storm.

The next day.

__________________
Hodgo Spot
My North America Trip
RD07 Africa Twin, KTM 950 Super Enduro
www.facebook.com/KTM950SE
Retired.. CR500E & lots more
Hodgo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 AM   #4296
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a
 
A-Wind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G
oh, I can imagine some nice future ATs:
- <1000ccm
- 80 - 100hp
- <200kg
- >250mm suspension travel
- choice between carbs and injection
- abs and non-abs version
- chain, no shaft
- 18' rear / 21' front wheel
- small dual headlights
- crash resistant plastics with good wind / weather protection for the rider
- >400km fuel range
- comfy seat
- same or better reliabillity as old AT
- absolutely no electronic overkill: mechanical speedo, no H.I.S.S. or similar stuff...
- real bash plate, no plastic
- should take any kind of normal automotive fuel: leaded, unleaded 70 - 100 octane
This what we are going to get - The Enduro of Tomorrow:
- >1200ccm, 4 Cylinder 20Valve, 2x 32 bit processor controlled engine, Ethanol ready.
- >120 HP
- >300kg
- 150mm suspension travel for increased rider confidence, electronically controlled
- EGR, Secondary Air Induction and the choice between 2 or 1 Catalytic Converter (each with 2x o2 senosors of course) to meet various international market demands.
- ABS with optional Dynamic Stability Control AND First Generation Driver Airbag
- Shaft including patended reverse shaft effect
- 21' rear / 18 front in fashionable 3 spoke cast iron wheel in race-yellow.
- large ugly dual headlights optional Xenon that turns with steering, steering jaw sensor, electric adjusable windshild
- Fairings made of New Polymerized Synthetic (cheap platic) but in latest japanese neon fashion colors, serves as crash protection as it brakes in case of a crash (instead of frame braking)
- <300km range, one tank with 2x professional looking fuel tank caps for easy gas station access (remember Iwan McGregor?). On US models one plastic cap only, other cap is ornamental and serves as cup holder.
- Soft seat has a bad angle so it produces lower back pain. Heated seat option.
- Advanced Anti-Mobilizer System, reliability is guaranteed by included free Autoclub membership
- Built in iPod with 2x58W Speakers, GPS with On-Star

and on top of it all:
- a "Paris-Dakar Ready" sticker/badge signaling ready for action

A-Wind screwed with this post 09-24-2009 at 09:08 AM
A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM   #4297
Andy G
2wheeled alpinist
 
Andy G's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: eastern Munich outback, Bavaria, Germany
Oddometer: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wind
This what we are going to get - The Enduro of Tomorrow:
- >1200ccm, 4 Cylinder 20Valve, 2x 32 bit processor controlled engine, Ethanol ready.
- >120 HP
- >300kg
- 150mm suspension travel for increased rider confidence, electronically controlled
- EGR, Secondary Air Induction and the choice between 2 or 1 Catalytic Converter (each with 2x o2 senosors of course) to meet various international market demands.
- ABS with optional Dynamic Stability Control AND First Generation Driver Airbag
- Shaft including patended reverse shaft effect
- 21' rear / 18 front in fashionable 3 spoke cast iron wheel in race-yellow.
- large ugly dual headlights optional Xenon that turns with steering, steering jaw sensor, electric adjusable windshild
- Fairings made of New Polymerized Synthetic (cheap platic) but in latest japanese neon fashion colors, serves as crash protection as it brakes in case of a crash (instead of frame braking)
- <300km range, one tank with 2x professional looking fuel tank caps for easy gas station access (remember Iwan McGregor?). On US models one plastic cap only, other cap is ornamental and serves as cup holder.
- Soft seat has a bad angle so it produces lower back pain. Heated seat option.
- Advanced Anti-Mobilizer System, reliability is guaranteed by included free Autoclub membership
- Built in iPod with 2x58W Speakers, GPS with On-Star

and on top of it all:
- a "Paris-Dakar Ready" sticker/badge signaling ready for action



Thanks! You really made me lough!
[Jo Momma]
The sad thing is that you'll be right. And in a next step they will forbid riding our old bikes (as they already did with older cars in almost all larger german cities). Then I'll move to Siberia, buy some land and put some self-aiming automatic machine guns around it. You're all welcome to party inside, with real beer, realy fuel, real engines...
[/Jo Momma]
now back to ATs...

Cheers, Andy
Andy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #4298
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer
 
E-Bum's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Oddometer: 655
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wind
This what we are going to get - The Enduro of Tomorrow:
- >1200ccm, 4 Cylinder 20Valve, 2x 32 bit processor controlled engine, Ethanol ready.
- >120 HP
- >300kg
- 150mm suspension travel for increased rider confidence, electronically controlled
- EGR, Secondary Air Induction and the choice between 2 or 1 Catalytic Converter (each with 2x o2 senosors of course) to meet various international market demands.
- ABS with optional Dynamic Stability Control AND First Generation Driver Airbag
- Shaft including patended reverse shaft effect
- 21' rear / 18 front in fashionable 3 spoke cast iron wheel in race-yellow.
- large ugly dual headlights optional Xenon that turns with steering, steering jaw sensor, electric adjusable windshild
- Fairings made of New Polymerized Synthetic (cheap platic) but in latest japanese neon fashion colors, serves as crash protection as it brakes in case of a crash (instead of frame braking)
- <300km range, one tank with 2x professional looking fuel tank caps for easy gas station access (remember Iwan McGregor?). On US models one plastic cap only, other cap is ornamental and serves as cup holder.
- Soft seat has a bad angle so it produces lower back pain. Heated seat option.
- Advanced Anti-Mobilizer System, reliability is guaranteed by included free Autoclub membership
- Built in iPod with 2x58W Speakers, GPS with On-Star

and on top of it all:
- a "Paris-Dakar Ready" sticker/badge signaling ready for action
I think Goldwings already have that covered. All they need are some knobbies.
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #4299
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a
 
A-Wind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Oddometer: 604
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G
The sad thing is that you'll be right.
Huh, that's what scares mee too...
...but I think as long as it has the "Paris-Dakar Ready" sticker on it, most of it's customers will like it.

Syberian idea Rocks!
A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #4300
Bambi
Studly Adventurer
 
Bambi's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Linz upon Rhine, Germany
Oddometer: 662
Hello Andy,
please don't shoot at my siberian huskies when I visit you at your siberian home! I agree with you in every point! Exactly your list is, what the manufacturers are going to 'lead' us.
Just take a look at Suzuki. It's now for over 10 years, that we are looking for a new DR-Big. I would have no probs with a V- or parallel-twin-engine, even coming from that with my old Triumph Tiger Trail. But a first look at the 650- or 1000-cc V-Strom made me turn away. Although the 650 is a real good bike, I've tested it. But it's looks and it's off-road-capabilities? Sorry at the V-Strom-guys, but they could have done much better and be worlds ahead! So I'll be rebuilding my old Triumph step by (small) step and keep on riding my 1988 DR 750 Big in the meantime ...
Kind regards, Bambi
__________________
'Find me kindness, find me beauty, find me truth ...'
(Dreamtheater, Learning to live)
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 PM   #4301
Skorpion
n00b
 
Skorpion's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Lanciano, Italy
Oddometer: 5
Hi, i'm new on this forum!
I'm Daniele from Italy, and I would you show my last buy, a beatifoul 1996's Africa Twin!

I hope to do a lot of voyages with this jewel!
Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:14 AM   #4302
Jim Davis
Owner, Eastern Beaver Co
 
Jim Davis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Nagano, Japan
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy G
oh, I can imagine some nice future ATs:
[dream]
- <1000ccm
- 80 - 100hp
- <200kg
- >250mm suspension travel
- choice between carbs and injection
- abs and non-abs version
- chain, no shaft
- 18' rear / 21' front wheel
- small dual headlights
- crash resistant plastics with good wind / weather protection for the rider
- >400km fuel range
- comfy seat
- same or better reliabillity as old AT
- absolutely no electronic overkill: mechanical speedo, no H.I.S.S. or similar stuff...
- real bash plate, no plastic
- should take any kind of normal automotive fuel: leaded, unleaded 70 - 100 octane
[/dream]

@ the Honda guys: READ THIS!!!

Cheers, Andi
Dunno about all that, but I vote for a 500cc V4 engine.

Basically a BMW F800GS with Honda V4 power.
__________________
--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics.
2012 Yamaha WR250R in Japan.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:18 AM   #4303
Jim Davis
Owner, Eastern Beaver Co
 
Jim Davis's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Nagano, Japan
Oddometer: 229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion
Hi, i'm new on this forum!
I'm Daniele from Italy, and I would you show my last buy, a beatifoul 1996's Africa Twin!

I hope to do a lot of voyages with this jewel!
That is a real beauty, love those colours!
__________________
--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics.
2012 Yamaha WR250R in Japan.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #4304
rallybug
Local Yokel
 
rallybug's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: North Salt Lake, UT
Oddometer: 8,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion
Hi, i'm new on this forum!
I'm Daniele from Italy, and I would you show my last buy, a beatifoul 1996's Africa Twin!

I hope to do a lot of voyages with this jewel!
Great colours - beautiful condition, too

Makes mine look sooooooooo rusty - probably because it is
__________________
Ben

My Ride Reports
rallybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #4305
abat
Gnarly Adventurer
 
abat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion

Welcome!
Looks real good!enjoy it!
abat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014