Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 PM   #7681
longuito
EcuaItalian on an RD07A

Oddometer: 69
Hi Rookie Rider! I have some comments in caps below, in the body of your original mesage:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Rider

I know it's not possible but I do want loud and manly sound out of my AT:

I HAVE A ARROW PARIS DAKAR REPLICA, AND WITH THE DB KILLER IT'S ALMOST LIKE STOCK, AND WITH THE DB KILLER OUT IT SOUNDS WONDERFULLY: NOT TOO LOUD BUT VERY "AUTHORITATIVE"

. I can always switch back to stock for the long trips if I feel like it.

CAREFUL: IT'S NOT SO EASY - YOU HAVE TO RE-JET AND TUNE ACCORDINGLY WHEN USING A PERFORMANCE EXHAUST (LEANER MIXTURE). THEREFORE, IF YOU USE THE STOCK EXHAUST AGAIN, YOU'D HAVE TO DO IT AGAIN. NOT WORTH THE EFFORT, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION. PLUS, THE STOCK CAN WEIGHS 12 KG, AND THE ARROW WEIGHS ONLY 5...
Good luck and let us know what you do! Cheers from the middle of the world.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 PM   #7682
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106

Yamaha has just announced that their new Super Tenere will be available here by special order. Delivery will be sometime next May (2012).

So, with that......I'd like to ask my respected friends on this list.....

WHADAYATHINK ??

So.......opinions?
Hello Ray. Yeah... I like it too and it seems like all the manufacturers are hitting the dance floor now. Bottom line is that whole new genre list of dual sports are big and heavy. I personally don't really need all that HP and weight when I'm slogging down a narrow muddy wagon trail in Oregon..or wherever. But that's just me..as I find the AT a perfect balance. I've also got kids starting University now so I couldn't afford one anyhow.

Having said that and after seeing you and Alain with all the father/son moments I'm considering looking at an older Transalp 94'/'95 that my son...or daughter...or even my wife that could join me on some rides as they have all shown interest in learning to ride. I also like the simplicity of those older mass produced Honda's and all the parts still available.
Living in Canada and able to import a bike that is 15 years old or older from europe is very doable and affordable. Working for a major airline also has it's privlages when it comes to shipping.

So a corrosion free low mileage '94/'95 Transalp from Germany as opposed to the UK is where I'm looking. Yeah...those Red/Black one's are the bomb.

Logistically one close to Frankfurt from a dealer who can crate it for me would be ideal. A bit off track I know...but to answer your question I'd rather have an old school Honda...anyday.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #7683
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 616
hi Ray,

yes all this glitter is very tempting. i feel like i have a perfect combo of bikes . The AT to pursue the legend and solo riding and the beemer ( 1150GS)for 2 up ( not much of that going on now !!) and the long asphalt rides . The GS gives me the kick in the butt when i need one but there is a different "special" "going back in time" feeling with the TA or AT that you can't find with other bikes.

Hey we even have the scorpa for single track, trail riding if necessary

thereby,I combine history with modern convenience ( ABS etc...)

1200 GS are on the cheap side now ( 07, 08s...)

anyway, only my opinion

congrats to the new comers on this site with great looking ATs.

Wayne, send pics of the TA when you get it. Yes get your kids to ride with you !! Unforgettable moments for Ray and I. Of course , we got a little help from BW !!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #7684
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,923
Quote:
So a corrosion free low mileage '94/'95 Transalp from Germany as opposed to the UK is where I'm looking.
Perfect idea.

The TAs of that year are the best. Dual front discs, rear disc, updated front fairing but still good looking. Later models were hit with the styling ugly-stick.

And don't think I didn't reflect back to our little "rain ride" when thinking about an even bigger beast.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM   #7685
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,466
As much as I tried not to show them, they were everywhere!!!

Quote:
Carlos, Great RR. Your red bike with the red scooters reminded me of a mother goose with a flock of goslings following along. I would have like to see this on the road.

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:30 PM   #7686
E-Bum
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Jim,

I think if the 660 were available, that's the bike I'd like to have.

Right there with ya on that one. That's what I want to see stateside...
E-Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #7687
abat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Sao paulo honda oem shop?

Hi all.

I'm about to visit Sao Paulo, Brazil next week and i'de like to but some stuff for my RD07.
Anyone knows where can i find a big Honda dealership?
Online shop maybe?

Thanks!
abat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:07 PM   #7688
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,413
new tires

Iver dropped some new tires on the twin... man are the twitchy.

I still need to scrub them in some more. Had them on about 12miles of dirt earlier hoping it would help but still a little twitchy. Makes a mean roost though.

Mitas c21

Mitas C02

I know of guys that have done 2500miles on the rear. Lets see how long its going to last me. Im hoping to kill the front off quick so I can fit a TKC
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #7689
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by abat
I'm about to visit Sao Paulo, Brazil next week and i'de like to but some stuff for my RD07.
Avi, if I remember correctly just like in USA, Africa Twin was never imoprted to Brazil. Brasil had the Tenere instead (to my knowledge at least until 1993, don't know about Super Tenere). Argentina had Africa Twin. I believe the reason for Brazil not having Africa Twin is, that it has laws according to which foreign manufacturers have to produce a certain % of the vehicle domestically in Brazil after a few years of market introduction. Some manufacturers just won't go along with that. There are many other vehicles missing from Brazil Market for the same reason. Andreas
A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #7690
abat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wind
Avi, if I remember correctly just like in USA, Africa Twin was never imoprted to Brazil. Brasil had the Tenere instead (to my knowledge at least until 1993, don't know about Super Tenere). Argentina had Africa Twin. I believe the reason for Brazil not having Africa Twin is, that it has laws according to which foreign manufacturers have to produce a certain % of the vehicle domestically in Brazil after a few years of market introduction. Some manufacturers just won't go along with that. There are many other vehicles missing from Brazil Market for the same reason. Andreas
Hi Andreas.

I thought so, though im not sure.i'll check it my self and will update you.

Thanks.
abat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #7691
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,221
Trip down memory lane- some pics over the years

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=619013

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #7692
longuito
EcuaItalian on an RD07A

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily

Thanks for the amazing pics!
Old 09-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #7693
Dog_River
Stubborn Adventurer

Oddometer: 203
Gspd750

I see you made it to the Summit and looks like you guy's had a great time. Maybe we can meet and ride down together for the next one. I changed the fuel pump with a Facet and used your thread from another forum to guide me, worked great, thanks. The only thing I did differant was to boil some water and soak the fuel pump rubber in it to be more plyable, it worked great. And I also replaced the original R/R. I have a new R/R on and a spare.

It's full blown fall here now and snow is just around the corner.

Dog_River
Dog_River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 PM   #7694
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog_River
I see you made it to the Summit and looks like you guy's had a great time. Maybe we can meet and ride down together for the next one. I changed the fuel pump with a Facet and used your thread from another forum to guide me, worked great, thanks. The only thing I did differant was to boil some water and soak the fuel pump rubber in it to be more plyable, it worked great. And I also replaced the original R/R. I have a new R/R on and a spare.

It's full blown fall here now and snow is just around the corner.

Dog_River
Hey dog...Yes, the Summit was good times and i would do it again. Many many ways to skin that cat (installing the shock mount rubber on a Facet) and some of them are quite funny over at XRV.org. I like the microwave method.
You've pretty much replaced the 2 sorest points on an Africa Twin....so now you should be good to go.

I miss the Yukon. So many great roads up there and some of them close to Whitehorse. Have you been into the Ibex area?
Old 09-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #7695
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily

One word .......

Awesome!!!

Thank you.

G.