Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2010, 11:04 AM   #7711
Antti
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhassic
I would not recommend that, it have been lots off problems with that modell.
I recommend the dubbel bulb lamp instead.
http://www.humanhabit.se/se/xenon/xe...r-special.html

This site is swedish but i hope you find it usefull.
Tack!
Jad ska kolla sidan.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #7712
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 163
Guys,

I've just added some Pro Tape/Pastrana bars to my AT. Now I'm looking for some good handguards. What have you used that fit well? I'm finding that the inner mount doesn't line up very well because these bars are so narrow. TIA, Craig

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
wrryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #7713
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrryder
Guys,

I've just added some Pro Tape/Pastrana bars to my AT. Now I'm looking for some good handguards. What have you used that fit well? I'm finding that the inner mount doesn't line up very well because these bars are so narrow. TIA, Craig
I use Acerbis Rally Pro handguards. A little confined but works for me.

Jim.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #7714
Joz
What could go wrong?

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Guys,
Now I'm looking for some good handguards. What have you used that fit well?

Without question, the best handguards ever (in my opinion): http://highwaydirtbikes.com/ They're not yet on my AT but I've used them on my CRM for quite some time. Unbelievably solid. The mirrors are optional. I'll have a set on my AT once I get the paperwork done.

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Diesel RV build

Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #7715
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 602
Craig, there 's no stopping you , what mounting bracket will you use for the expresso machine?
Old 09-16-2010, 02:58 PM   #7716
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Guys,

Hello Craig...So, am i the only one here who finds the Honda OEM handgaurds to be quite adequate for protection and not so bad looking either .
I'm ok with them.
Does anyone have problems with aftermarket handgaurds messing up with the bar weights and throttle operation or having to straighten out everytime after a tipover. Just curious.

This guy seems to find his OEM handgaurds to be just fine.
Not my pic..and this one's been around..but it could be my backyard.

GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #7717
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPD750
Does anyone have problems with aftermarket handgaurds messing up with the bar weights and throttle operation or having to straighten out everytime after a tipover. Just curious.

I use cheap Polisport wrap-arounds with Acerbis wind deflectors. Stronger the OEM. OEM doesn't protect the levers- if the bike falls over you're likelye to bend/loose a lever. I also use softer/cheaper Polisport (Same as Acerbis but lot cheaper over here) because they absorb the impact and don't transfer it to the handle-bars (like Bark-busters or other similar "strong" guards with metal bits).

I.e.- they give protection, fit onto the bar weithts, don't affect the throttle and are cheaper to replace than a set of handle-bars and/or levers.

incidently, I use them on all my bikes (except the Varadero that don't go off-road) and have only ever broken one (on the XR when I broke my collerbone) and have never replaced a lever (touch wood).

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #7718
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily
I use cheap Polisport wrap-arounds with Acerbis wind deflectors. Stronger the OEM. OEM doesn't protect the levers- if the bike falls over you're likelye to bend/loose a lever. I also use softer/cheaper Polisport (Same as Acerbis but lot cheaper over here) because they absorb the impact and don't transfer it to the handle-bars (like Bark-busters or other similar "strong" guards with metal bits).

I.e.- they give protection, fit onto the bar weithts, don't affect the throttle and are cheaper to replace than a set of handle-bars and/or levers.

incidently, I use them on all my bikes (except the Varadero that don't go off-road) and have only ever broken one (on the XR when I broke my collerbone) and have never replaced a lever (touch wood).
Thanks for that great info Squily. Bottom line here...keep the shiny side up. . I'm also the only one here who likes my OEM seat.
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #7719
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

He may not have changed his handguards (yet) but he certianly isn't running stock tires.

Strong handguards are a habit and safety item for me. I ride off road (Husky 450) in the woods quite a bit and they are a must. I've changed bars and need some new ones, that's all. I have the stock wind deflector type on my BMW GS and find them very satisfactory.

To be honest Wayne I have struggled a bit with changing this bike too much from stock. The seat is easy enough to change back and was a gift from my lovely girlfriend. Her Transalp has a Corbin and she loves it. Since I am 6'5" my new seat is higher and more comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPD750
Hello Craig...So, am i the only one here who finds the Honda OEM handgaurds to be quite adequate for protection and not so bad looking either .
I'm ok with them.

This guy seems to find his OEM handgaurds to be just fine.
Not my pic..and this one's been around..but it could be my backyard.

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:41 PM   #7720
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

wee wee Alain

Did you see all the places for switches and power outlets on the HWDB guards? And mirrors that flip up out of nowhere? Like magic....

I'll brew a cup for you next time we ride... You can warm your French toast on my heated grips too... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alainmax
Craig, there 's no stopping you , what mounting bracket will you use for the expresso machine?

Don't Feed the Bearcat!

wrryder screwed with this post 09-16-2010 at 08:32 PM
Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #7721
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a

Oddometer: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squily
OEM doesn't protect the levers- if the bike falls over you're likelye to bend/loose a lever.
There is only one thing against that. Don't fall.
Like the guy on GSPD's picture shows, you can do plenty of cool action even with a nearly bone stock AT.
A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:12 PM   #7722
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,835
Fair price

Guys I am looking at buying an AT and wondering the feelings on a 1993 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD07 in decent condition with bags? Any help would be appreciated.
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #7723
Squily
Squily

Oddometer: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Wind
There is only one thing against that. Don't fall.

Or make like a tank... Since my attitude out-perform my ability, the only option for me

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:42 AM   #7724
abat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008
Guys I am looking at buying an AT and wondering the feelings on a 1993 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD07 in decent condition with bags? Any help would be appreciated.
Where?
abat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:13 AM   #7725
locorider
Loco, pero no estúpido!

Oddometer: 2,290
Cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joz
Without question, the best handguards ever (in my opinion): http://highwaydirtbikes.com/ They're not yet on my AT but I've used them on my CRM for quite some time. Unbelievably solid. The mirrors are optional. I'll have a set on my AT once I get the paperwork done.

"If you don't follow your dreams, you might as well be a vegetable", Burt Munro, The World's Fastest Indian

"Avoiding danger is no safer than outright exposure. Life is a daring adventure, or nothing" - Helen Keller

Longaniza Ride
Ruta del Café
locorider is offline   Reply With Quote