User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #9226
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 602
I'd join the NAATS 2011 "quote"

A week in CALI ( By Ladder!!!) end of August would be nice.
I will be ready!!

our best to Carole
Watch it , she can still kick ya with the other one

alainmax screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 11:20 AM
alainmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:15 AM   #9227
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
The tank is really HUGE!! All the bike looks bigger. When i sit on the bike and i look down to the tank it looks very wide. Also i have a different driving position. My legs are a little open, but i like it. Yesterday, the first day i install the tank and i had a ride, i thought that i was riding a different bike. The stripes on the paint YES are really useful.
I can see the fuel level at any time. The only problem i have is that: my old crash bars (Hepco & Becker) dont fit anymore. I have 2 options. The first option is to buy the proper one from Touratech cost 190 euros (I prefer to spend the money buy souvlaki and beer) and second option is try to do some modification to the old ones. I ll try the second. The bike is not ready yet. I wait on next week the ROX Handlebar Risers, new handlebars,Touratech mirrors and a new seat. I have a 3D Black Carbon Fiber sheet and i want to make the side panels looks carbon.
Anyway, i ll let you know when i finish.
Chat you later.

RiderMakis screwed with this post 04-14-2011 at 12:08 PM
RiderMakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #9228
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorAbo View Post
Είσαι μεγάλος ρε Μάκη. Μόνος σου το έβαψες ή το πήγες σε μάστορα ? ή είσαι εσύ ο μάστορας ? Πάντως το μηχανάκι θα γίνει ΘΕΟΣ με αυτό. Θα έχει τρελή αυτονομία. Βάλε και την καλή αντλία aftermarket και καθάρισες για πάντα.
Βάλε μας & το μηχανάκι
Όχι εγώ δεν έβαψα. Έκανα όλη την βρώμικη δουλειά. Ξέρεις τρίψιμο ,τρίψιμο, και πάλι τρίψιμο. Ο Ευθύμιος (φίλος φαναρτζής-φωτό) έριξε το χρώμα. Τις λωρίδες χωρίς χρώμα τις είχα δει σε Ιταλό που είχε έρθει διακοπές με Άφρικα Rothmans τούμπανο καθώς και άλλα κόλπα που τα εφάρμοσα και γω.. Όσο για την αντλία έχω αλλάξει τις πλατίνες και έχω βάλει ρελέ και δεν καίγεται πλέον. Ούτος ή αλλως σε ταξίδι έχω και δεύτερη μαζί για κάθε ενδεχόμενο. Σιγά σιγά την φτιάχνω όπως θέλω. Όταν τελειώσω θα βάλω φωτό.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:16 PM   #9229
Action Man
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderMakis View Post
Όχι εγώ δεν έβαψα. Έκανα όλη την βρώμικη δουλειά. Ξέρεις τρίψιμο ,τρίψιμο, και πάλι τρίψιμο. Ο Ευθύμιος (φίλος φαναρτζής-φωτό) έριξε το χρώμα. Τις λωρίδες χωρίς χρώμα τις είχα δει σε Ιταλό που είχε έρθει διακοπές με Άφρικα Rothmans τούμπανο καθώς και άλλα κόλπα που τα εφάρμοσα και γω.. Όσο για την αντλία έχω αλλάξει τις πλατίνες και έχω βάλει ρελέ και δεν καίγεται πλέον. Ούτος ή αλλως σε ταξίδι έχω και δεύτερη μαζί για κάθε ενδεχόμενο. Σιγά σιγά την φτιάχνω όπως θέλω. Όταν τελειώσω θα βάλω φωτό.
Nice job Maki!!!

Μήτσο, ο Μάκης μου πούλησε την ζελατίνα!

Γειά σου ρε Μάκη!!
Action Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #9230
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #9231
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Oddometer: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by *thomas* View Post
Hi all,

I am in the process of rebuilding my RD03. I've got most of the electrics sorted, but I can't seem to make them fit properly at the front subframe (under the clocks).

Is there someone who has a good picture of this? So without front fairing and head lights.

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
Thomas

If you register (it's free) over at the XRV650 site, the follow this link to see how eveything fits and connects under your instruments.

Hope this helps

Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD07A - Rugged Roads Rallye Sport,
Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD04 - HRC
BMW R1150GS - Graphitan
Yamaha XT600Z Tenere 3AJ - BYRD,
Aprilia Moto 6.5 - Starck Orange,
Cagiva N90 - Lucky Explorer

'Maybe I'm just simple - but can't we all just get along..........'
Stormforce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #9232
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Man View Post
Nice job Maki!!!

Μήτσο, ο Μάκης μου πούλησε την ζελατίνα!

Γειά σου ρε Μάκη!!
Γεια σου ρε φίλε Παντελή.
Θα μας βάλουνε χέρι που τα λέμε στα Ελληνικά. Καλύτερα να πηγαίνουμε στο Ελληνικό φόρουμ.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM   #9233
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Quote:
Yup, these tanks are HOOOOOOOGE - so big I couldn't fit my Boano bodywork around it.

If you're going to ride with it full of fuel, can I suggest you upgrade your fork springs

BMW R1150GS - Graphitan

Old 04-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #9234
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormforce8 View Post
Yup, these tanks are HOOOOOOOGE - so big I couldn't fit my Boano bodywork around it.

If you're going to ride with it full of fuel, can I suggest you upgrade your fork springs
Thanks for the advice.
You have a nice bike there mate.
I have already upgrade just a little my front suspension. I changed everything isnide with new (bush quide, bush slider, piston, seals, oil etc) including WP fork spings as well. But i really jealous your USD WP. You have very good things for sale indeed. Later on i want to buy some.(economical crisis in Greece at the moment)Hope more British tourists come to island i live (Kefalonia)and all over Greece for summer holidays.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #9235
*thomas*
*thomas*

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormforce8 View Post
Thomas

If you register (it's free) over at the XRV650 site, the follow this link to see how eveything fits and connects under your instruments.

Hope this helps
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks mate, but look:

I was actually working on this when you called me .

Cheers
*thomas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #9236
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Quote:
Thanks for the advice.
You have a nice bike there mate.
I have already upgrade just a little my front suspension. I changed everything isnide with new (bush quide, bush slider, piston, seals, oil etc) including WP fork spings as well. But i really jealous your USD WP. You have very good things for sale indeed. Later on i want to buy some.(economical crisis in Greece at the moment)Hope more British tourists come to island i live (Kefalonia)and all over Greece for summer holidays.
Here's a suggestion - I assume you've installed a set of new WP Progressive Pro springs - well to firm the forks up that little bit more (especially with the big tank), put the original Honda washers and short springs back in on top of your new WP springs - makes a noticeable and welcome difference

Number 6 & 8 in the diagram:

BMW R1150GS - Graphitan

Old 04-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #9237
RiderMakis
Adventurer

Thanks again for the tip.
I was thinking to do this but i do not know how easy will be to press both spings and screw the bolt of the fork.
Anyway I ll try it.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:06 PM   #9238
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,721
Quote:
A week in CALI ( By Ladder!!!) end of August would be nice.
I will be ready!!

Wait just a minute....I'm not formally accepting the NAATS Director responsibility......Greg still has the gavel and commemorative leaders helmet.

While I could undertake a project of this size, I'd sure like to do it with enough time to make it enjoyable for everyone.

That's why I'm thinking NEXT YEAR would be a better idea.

Now if anyone wants to get together and pre-run some routes....that would be great.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #9239
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Quote:
Thanks again for the tip.
I was thinking to do this but i do not know how easy will be to press both spings and screw the bolt of the fork.
Anyway I ll try it.
This is one of those 'call a friend' moments - it isn't easy, and having an extra pair of hands will be a big help - just be careful of those fine threads that Honda loves to use

It's well worth the effort though

BMW R1150GS - Graphitan

Old 04-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #9240
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by *thomas* View Post
Hi Jonathan,

Thanks mate, but look:

I was actually working on this when you called me .

Cheers
Cheers Thomas - that gives me an excuse to roll this one out again

The Smoke Theory of Electric Circuits

Negative ground depends upon proper circuit functioning, the transmission of negative ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smoke is the thing that makes electrical circuits work; we know this to be true because every time one lets the smoke out of the electrical system, it stops working. This can be verified repeatedly through empirical testing.

When, for example, the smoke escapes from an electrical component (i.e., say, a voltage regulator), it will be observed that the component stops working. The function of the wire harness is to carry the smoke from one device to another; when the wire harness "springs a leak", and lets all the smoke out of the system, nothing works afterwards. Starter motors are frowned upon, largely because they consume large quantities of smoke, requiring very large wires.

Subject: SMOKE

When wires smoke, how come the smoke is not the same color as the wire?

This is not completely true. When the smoke is in the wire, it is under pressure (called voltage). The pressure difference causes the color to change from the normal color we are used to. Not unlike the blood in our veins and arteries changing color due to the oxygen content. When the smoke escapes the wire and is exposed to air, the pressure is released, and the color reverts back to what we commonly recognize as smoke. The wire then changes to the color of the smoke that escaped.

I hope this helps you understand.

I would only question the last sentence of that description. It has been my experience that the wire turns a color directly opposite of the smoke.

Not always true, I think it must depend on the composition of the smoke in question.

I should have made it a little clearer; the color the wire becomes, is directly proportional to the escape velocity of the smoke. Higher velocities generate higher heat. This heat tends to burn the wire and affect the coloring. The statement was meant to be a generalization, indicating the fact that the color of the wire does in fact change. Sorry for the miscommunication.

I was speaking of electrical smoke which is generally white. The spent smoke casing generally assumes a color somewhat near black after the smoke leaves.

I can't stand it anymore! If, as you say, light bulbs suck up darkness and convert it to smoke which is transmitted (via wire) to a power source for recycling...why do car batteries go dead when lights are left on? Do car batteries (and flashlight batteries for that matter) have a limited amount of storage capability? Is it like a hard drive that gets so full that you have to double-space and then lose all data?

Now you're getting it.......

I thought you guys were smarter than this. Of course the battery stores the smoke. In fact it can store so much smoke that if you open the top and light a match, the resulting explosion can do serious damage. I'm sure you are aware that usually where there's smoke there's fire. If you connect the battery to a charger, the smoke is then returned to the wire (Remember, a light bulb wont work unless it is connected to a wire system) for the utility companies to use. Your hard drive analogy is a very good example.

Our hardware guys might be onto something in their quest for superior wiring. I have noticed the unique method of of series/parallel wiring the power strips on our systems seems to prevent the smoke from getting out of the wires. A "Smoke Loop" of sorts. In the case of the "smoked" workstation recently, you should notice that this was a conventional single power strip installation.

Since color is perceived by the cone shaped receptors in our eyes, and cones require more light that their rod shaped counterparts. Is the sky blue at night?

At night the process including contraction of the pupil is visual purple by which the eye adapts to conditions of increased illumination when facing 300 candle power redeflecting devices.

Since there is a spectrum of light that we as humans cannot see, I support the theory that everything is going up in smoke, we just can't see it. This may explain why the neighbors dog barks for no apparent reason.

I think your basic understanding of smoke systems is remarkable. However I find a flaw with your theory. The battery is a reusable storage device for smoke. therefore, one would assume that some sort of one way valve (we can call it a diode) should be needed to prevent pressure flooding back into the system while at rest. Unlike the A/C system, the smoke system is collecting darkness at the headlights and converting it to smoke. This causes the system to fill up. The battery can contain much higher pressures and volumes than the wires. If this pressure exceeds the capacity of the wire, it will cause a rupture as you described. The rupture can be controlled by a sacrificial device known as a fuse. But this still doesn't eliminate the problem. Perhaps a two way valve (zener diode) is used to allow a small amount of pressure to return to the system, and partially equalize. I find this theory unlikely though, due to the increase in the force required to start the pump (which is now under pressure) working again...

The smoke continues circulating through the system, due to the pressure differential in the battery (smoke pressure/vacuum reservoir). When the reservoir becomes depleted, the pressure simply equalizes everywhere in the system (similar to an A/C system when it's turned off) and stuff just wont work. Notice the relations: Work (W) = Force (F) x Distance (D); Force (F) = total difference in pressure (Dp) x Area (A). Therefore, the work done in a pressure system is: Dp x A x D. If the pressure differential (Dp) is reduced to zero then W = 0 x A x D = 0.

The smoke only escapes the wires when a path is created between the pressure differential areas (@ either the reservoir or the pump) that has too little restriction. When this happens, the smoke travels through the wires so fast that the friction between the smoke and the outer walls of the wiring heats the wires until they rupture. The smoke continues to escape until its pressure is equalized with the atmosphere, or until the conduit that provides the path between pressure areas is severed. When this happens, the sudden drop in pressure allows the wires to "collapse" slightly and, being so hot, as the edges of the ruptures and severed ends touch, the material becomes fused, sealing the system and retaining the remaining smoke.

Don't forget, when the system is at rest, all the valves, (switches and relays) are closed, keeping the pressure areas separated. When restarting the pump, as long as everything is OK, the smoke pressure is equal on both sides of the pump and there is no net force on the pump when it begins operating again. Also, within the pump there are pressure/volume actuated one-way valves with restrictors built in, arranged in such a way that they keep excess smoke volume recirculating through an integral smoke loop, which maintains the pressure within manageable limits.

The excess smoke, created by the light/smoke converters (headlights and other darkness absorbing devices), is changed back to darkness and dissipated in small unit concentrations so its dark effect is not locally observed. The smoke pump impeller (stator), converts smoke into magnetic flux which does work on the engine. Some of the excess work energy is dissipated through the cooling system and exhaust in the form of heat, while the remaining work energy is converted back to smoke and distributed evenly in small concentrations as you drive. This maintains the total quantity of smoke in the system at an average that does not change over time.

BMW R1150GS - Graphitan