Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #9241
alainmax
ca vaut le detour !!

Oddometer: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
Wait just a minute....I'm not formally accepting the NAATS Director responsibility......Greg still has the gavel and commemorative leaders helmet.

While I could undertake a project of this size, I'd sure like to do it with enough time to make it enjoyable for everyone.

That's why I'm thinking NEXT YEAR would be a better idea.

Now if anyone wants to get together and pre-run some routes....that would be great.

No stress ...I was not talking NAATS as the consensus was to do it every other year anyway.
I could come down late august and do some pre-run...I'd be happy to see you and Chris again..
Old 04-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #9242
tserts
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
That tank will take the smile off your face when you get to the gas station! 65 euros to fill the @...

Anyway, if you bring that bike to Athens send me a pm to go for a ride, I reckon when you've finished it will be sweet..

Myself I've been tracking my new bike's past... I discovered it has seen much better days...

The trip computer resets everytime I start her, is it a "known bug" or is it some wiring issue? I'm not stressed since I have the TC from the old bike and it works fine but I don't want to start cannibalizing yet...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #9243
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 166
Thumb

Ray,

I'll pre-run with you. I've ridden quite a bit in the areas you mention.

Quote:
I've been thinking about that.

Carole just had major foot surgery so I'm homebound for the next 5 weeks or so.

If I tried to put it together it would be in California and involve a bit of the Sierras, the Sierra foothills, the Coastal foothills, Hwy 1 and certainly the "Lost Coast".

The problem is that local conditions are a bit odd this year with tons of snow in the mountains and a LOT of rain up on the Lost Coast.

I'd have to pre-run the route that would likely take most of a month or two. I'd hate to have people come all this way and have the route turned into a pavement-fest on alternative routes or a slog through the gumbo-mud up on the coast.

Hmmmm....it's already mid April and I'm home until Mid May. That would leave only June......

Maybe better in 2012??

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
wrryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 01:31 AM   #9244
Jim Davis
Owner, Eastern Beaver Co

Oddometer: 229
Hi guys. Well I notice on auctions here a mint RD04 with 5600 kms... hmmm.

Current price is pretty good, auction ends tomorrow. I just might bid on her.

Good bike to keep around for visitors I think.

Oh ya, me and the missus are buying a real nice house up in the country, with a DOUBLE GARAGE. Now even single garages are rare in Japan so I'm pretty stoked about that. Should be plenty of room for two ATs.

I'd just need an RD07 then to complete the set
2012 Yamaha WR250R in Japan.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:10 AM   #9245
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by alainmax View Post
I'd join the NAATS 2011 "quote"

A week in CALI ( By Ladder!!!) end of August would be nice.
I will be ready!!

our best to Carole
Watch it , she can still kick ya with the other one

Quote:
Wait just a minute....I'm not formally accepting the NAATS Director responsibility......Greg still has the gavel and commemorative leaders helmet.

While I could undertake a project of this size, I'd sure like to do it with enough time to make it enjoyable for everyone.

That's why I'm thinking NEXT YEAR would be a better idea.

Now if anyone wants to get together and pre-run some routes....that would be great.
No ....... the gavel and leaders helmet was put in the closet after NAATS 2010 was done. They're just waiting to be shipped to the next person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrryder View Post
Ray,

I'll pre-run with you. I've ridden quite a bit in the areas you mention.
Yo, yo ..... Craig .... How ya doin' ?

I've not been down to the lost coast, but I've heard great things about it and I've seen plenty of pics. If it worked with my house / pet sitting friend I'd be down like Alain to do some pre-runs .....

I could even bring the gavel and helmet down to ya Ladder ......

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 11:41 AM   #9246
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

All good here Greg just busy with work and school but I will make time to pre-run with you guys. The Lost Coast is pretty cool especially if you ride the dirt section from Hwy 1 to Honeydew.

Had fun riding around the Panamints and Death Valley recently except when I ran out of gas up at the Manson cabin... 25 miles from camp.... alone...... at sundown..... in the rain..... Better give the gavel to Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
No ....... the gavel and leaders helmet was put in the closet after NAATS 2010 was done. They're just waiting to be shipped to the next person.

Yo, yo ..... Craig .... How ya doin' ?

I've not been down to the lost coast, but I've heard great things about it and I've seen plenty of pics. If it worked with my house / pet sitting friend I'd be down like Alain to do some pre-runs .....

I could even bring the gavel and helmet down to ya Ladder ......

G.

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #9247
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrryder View Post
All good here Greg just busy with work and school but I will make time to pre-run with you guys. The Lost Coast is pretty cool especially if you ride the dirt section from Hwy 1 to Honeydew.

Had fun riding around the Panamints and Death Valley recently except when I ran out of gas up at the Manson cabin... 25 miles from camp.... alone...... at sundown..... in the rain..... Better give the gavel to Ray
Fack .....

Yeah ..... I think I'll give them to Ray over you ......

Glad to hear you're doing well .....

G.

Old 04-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #9248
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Good news Ray! You're in!!!

If you'd like some help ping me off line when this gets serious and we can talk... Thanks for volunteering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Fack .....

Yeah ..... I think I'll give them to Ray over you ......

Glad to hear you're doing well .....

G.

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
Old 04-16-2011, 02:05 PM   #9249
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,876
Quote:
25 miles from camp.... alone...... at sundown..... in the rain.....
You forgot "at the bottom of a deep valley (so the push out had to be uphill......both ways)

WAIT

What????

What just happened here?

Now I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a "dog-pile" on the internets.

I'm not real certain I can take this on......

and

to be fair

We haven't heard from Jim or anyone else from the middle or the right side of the country or even Jr. America (Canada)....Wayne???

Since we were kinda on the left coast last time, maybe a different location all together is warranted.

Let's see how things develop. In any case, I certainly can't do it all THIS year. I'm a stay-at-home nurse for the next few weeks. It's all I can do to get out for a few hours each week on the human powered bike.
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #9250
G-Funk

Quote:
You forgot "at the bottom of a deep valley (so the push out had to be uphill......both ways)

WAIT

What????

What just happened here?

Now I know what it feels like to be on the receiving end of a "dog-pile" on the internets.

I think you know what just happened here ......

I'll be shipping the gavel and helmet to you on Monday ......

Regardless ...... some pre-runs in lovely, warm, sunny CA would be awesome ...... It could be a mini-NAATS of sorts .....

Or a WCATS ...... West Coast Africa Twin Summit

Any excuse, errrr ..... reason, to go somewhere warm and ride is validation enough, sir ......

G.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #9251
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
Congrats Ray. Way to step up. I can't plan anything this year due to parental duties. I'll be out there around that time frame to visit colleges with my daughter.

The lost coast is really cool. Last time I was out there, it was on an E900 Elefant.

Greg, I told I had one of those.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:21 PM   #9252
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

I was able to coast down Goler Wash and ride a couple of miles on reserve but I still walked about six miles until I got lucky and hitched a ride from a worker at this humoungous (1000 ounces a week) comercial gold mine that runs 24x7. I got back to camp at about 10:30 PM to find my GF fast asleep. I left at 4:30 for a short ride. Oh well, I told her not to worry...

Speaking of not worrying I know that either one of us could roll out of our driveways this afternoon and ride for four days around NorCal and still not cover all there is to ride. We can plan a route and pre-run this spring/summer/fall to be ready for a 2012 NAAT. Sound good? Good.

So there you have it Ray has thrown down the gauntlet (Greg, we should add the guantlet to the gavel and helmet for Ray) so if any other regional representatives want to step up..... please do so.

Quote:

WAIT

What????

What just happened here?

and

to be fair

We haven't heard from Jim or anyone else from the middle or the right side of the country or even Jr. America (Canada)....Wayne???

Since we were kinda on the left coast last time, maybe a different location all together is warranted.

Let's see how things develop. In any case, I certainly can't do it all THIS year. I'm a stay-at-home nurse for the next few weeks. It's all I can do to get out for a few hours each week on the human powered bike.

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:50 PM   #9253
ujeni
just doesn't get it

Oddometer: 464
I think I'm the new guy when it comes to Africa Twin owners in California. I'm happy to help plan too. Just PM me and we can discuss. I'd like to meet the Africa Twin peeps I have been getting tips from for the last year!
ujeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:38 PM   #9254
ujeni
just doesn't get it

Oddometer: 464
A few pics riding around the Santa Cruz mountains testing my Ricor Suspension (Intiminators on the front and a new Ricor IAS shock on the rear). Will post a report on the Ricor stuff after a trip to Death Valley next week.

Man, I love this bike! Always turns heads! Nobody knows what it is!

ujeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #9255
nosedive
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujeni View Post
A few pics riding around the Santa Cruz mountains testing my Ricor Suspension (Intiminators on the front and a new Ricor IAS shock on the rear). Will post a report on the Ricor stuff after a trip to Death Valley next week.

Man, I love this bike! Always turns heads! Nobody knows what it is!

Nice bike. I see you have the exhaust pipe on a lower bracket than the stock set up. Does the Leo Vince purposely mount low for the bag clearance? Im looking for a low pipe for mine to clear the bags.

Chris
nosedive is offline   Reply With Quote