User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #10006
@dreamer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Belgian Waffles,
That intersection looks worse then the one at Scholls Ferry and Beaverton-Hillsdale Hwy in Raleigh Hills, but not by much.

Keith
@dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #10007
stevh0
Super Retard.

Oddometer: 1,368
Man I miss my twin so much! One bike I really regret selling...FFS!!!
Ex 950ADV
Ex SM610, FS570, WR450, Africa Twin(s)
stevh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:34 AM   #10008
Jacqueslemac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgian Waffles View Post
Where... is that?

The Lake District or maybe Scotland. I was thinking the same thing.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:14 AM   #10009
ray3656
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueslemac View Post
The Lake District or maybe Scotland. I was thinking the same thing.
Ireland ( also posted on XRV.ORG.UK ) , so no not a lucky guess :-)

Co.Galway/Mayo in Ireland, a route from Cong and Clonbur around Lough Mask towards Tourmakeady and Partry

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/ride-re...days-spin.html
ray3656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #10010
G-Funk
That ... Umm ..... "Dude"

Oddometer: 5,259
K-Mart Blue light special will be happening soon .....

Just a heads up to everyone here in the U.S.

It seems that 7 + years of service, and going above and beyond the call of duty for an employee doesn't mean too much these days.

As of today, I am officially laid off, and unemployed.

So there's going to be a huge fire sale coming up very, very, very soon .....

One of those items, is my legally registered RD04 ........

Stay tuned for details .........

G.

"The Funness out-weighs the Dumbness ....." - Mr. Jetmoto
G-Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:49 PM   #10011
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
Ouch!!! Sorry to hear that Greg.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:53 PM   #10012
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,829
Damn...that is not good.

But I'm willing to help. I'll try to provide a warm comfortable home with close relatives.

Is it gonna be an auction - or a fixed price.

PM me with details please.
Ladder106 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #10013
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 167
Dude,

That sucks dead bearcat!

But why do you have to pick on the oldest bike? Ageist!! You are too emotionally fragile to make such an important decision right now. At least take her for one more ride... A farewell tour... we will all join along and help ease your pain. Haven't you always wanted to ride 101 South and take #36 east then up and over Lassen and through Burney and Mc Cloud on your way home? Come on Greg - Lets do it!! You know you want to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Just a heads up to everyone here in the U.S.

It seems that 7 + years of service, and going above and beyond the call of duty for an employee doesn't mean too much these days.

As of today, I am officially laid off, and unemployed.

So there's going to be a huge fire sale coming up very, very, very soon .....

One of those items, is my legally registered RD04 ........

Stay tuned for details .........

G.

Don't Feed the Bearcat!

wrryder screwed with this post 08-20-2011 at 05:49 AM
wrryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:10 AM   #10014
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
Damn...that is not good.

But I'm willing to help. I'll try to provide a warm comfortable home with close relatives.

Is it gonna be an auction - or a fixed price.

PM me with details please.
PM sent .....

Old 08-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #10015
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrryder View Post
Dude,

That sucks dead bearcat!

But why do you have to pick on the oldest bike? Ageist!! You are too emotionally fragile to make such an important decision right now. At least take her for one more ride... A farewell tour... we will all join along and help ease your pain. Haven't you always wanted to ride 101 South and take #36 east then up and over Lassen and through Burney and Mc Cloud on your way home? Come on Greg - Lets do it!! You know you want to!
Why? Because I know out of all of my bikes, all of them, the AT will definitely sell. And, I should be able to get what I put into it, which equates out to a few months of my mortgage.

And - sure I'd love to - but people both in my neck of the woods, and you guys don't think about my animals. I can't, unfortunately, just go.

Plus with that said - I think my husky mix really doesn't have long to go. He's 15, and in the past few days, there's been yet another change in him ..... it's like he forgets where he's at. I just had him trimmed down (basically shaved) and now I can see his muscles better, etc, and he's all shaky when standing up or lying down.

As much as I don't want to dish out the cash right now, I want to take him into my vet next week, to see what she says about his condition, and a guess as to how much time he has left .....

G.

Old 08-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #10016
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
When it rains, it pours. (Pun intended for you guys in Oregon)

Let me know how we can help. Let's take care of a family member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Funk View Post
Why? Because I know out of all of my bikes, all of them, the AT will definitely sell. And, I should be able to get what I put into it, which equates out to a few months of my mortgage.

And - sure I'd love to - but people both in my neck of the woods, and you guys don't think about my animals. I can't, unfortunately, just go.

Plus with that said - I think my husky mix really doesn't have long to go. He's 15, and in the past few days, there's been yet another change in him ..... it's like he forgets where he's at. I just had him trimmed down (basically shaved) and now I can see his muscles better, etc, and he's all shaky when standing up or lying down.

As much as I don't want to dish out the cash right now, I want to take him into my vet next week, to see what she says about his condition, and a guess as to how much time he has left .....

G.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #10017
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
very sorry to hear

i'm sorry to hear about your job loss. i hope it's only temporary and you get back to work soon.

i know what you mean about your pets , i have 2 boxers and one of them alone has cost me a new bike in vet bills. but he is my best friend, and the whole family loves him . he is the friendliest dog i have ever known.

i don't know how i can help, beeing so far away but if there is anything i can do for you just let me know.

good luck Greg.

feliz

north rider
NORTH RIDER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #10018
mas335
xendurist

Oddometer: 1,853
G-FUNK, Although I don't know you or spend time on this page I do know what it is like to be unemployed by means of down sizing, it is a sense of shock and disbelief. It happened to me two years ago and life has never been the same. Aside from meaningless temporary jobs which I am grateful for, falling from being comfortable to zero is humbling.

I also know that of all the "things" I own nothing has ever been more precious to me than my pets. Bikes come and go but your best friends are irreplaceable.

Apply for unemployment immediately and know that nothing is as bad as it feels like it is at the moment.

I hope your bike sells fast if that is the best thing to do and that your critter gets better soon. I have been there and know what you are going through, stay strong.

Mark
Old 08-20-2011, 04:23 PM   #10019
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas335 View Post
G-FUNK, Although I don't know you or spend time on this page I do know what it is like to be unemployed by means of down sizing, it is a sense of shock and disbelief. It happened to me two years ago and life has never been the same. Aside from meaningless temporary jobs which I am grateful for, falling from being comfortable to zero is humbling.

I also know that of all the "things" I own nothing has ever been more precious to me than my pets. Bikes come and go but your best friends are irreplaceable.

Apply for unemployment immediately and know that nothing is as bad as it feels like it is at the moment.

I hope your bike sells fast if that is the best thing to do and that your critter gets better soon. I have been there and know what you are going through, stay strong.

Mark
Thank you very much Mark ........

I hope things pick up for you as well ......

Greg.

Old 08-20-2011, 04:40 PM   #10020
G-Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rowley View Post
When it rains, it pours. (Pun intended for you guys in Oregon)

Let me know how we can help. Let's take care of a family member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTH RIDER View Post
i'm sorry to hear about your job loss. i hope it's only temporary and you get back to work soon.

i know what you mean about your pets , i have 2 boxers and one of them alone has cost me a new bike in vet bills. but he is my best friend, and the whole family loves him . he is the friendliest dog i have ever known.

i don't know how i can help, beeing so far away but if there is anything i can do for you just let me know.

good luck Greg.

feliz

north rider
First off ...... thanks guys, I really mean that. I don't know how you all could help unless;

1. You buy my RD04, and if, excuse me, when - things pick back up for me I get to buy it back ....

2. Jim (And Feliz - it's because we're in different countries) you have a job opening in your dept for a Network / Telecommunications Administrator .....

I'd move to Colorado Springs ......

With that said - Loco Rider - I'd totally move down to your neck of the woods !!!!!!!! Even if it is an island, it's warm ......

Actually, going over my list, I actually have around 25 places to apply to next week ......

More over than that - And I don't even recall if I've mentioned this or not, but I have a number of good / close business contacts out here and one of them actually has two positions open in my field, that I've already called to talk to the owner, who I've known since 1995, but he was out on Friday, so I'll be talking to him on Monday. Chances are, though I'm not trying to jinx myself, chances are I could be working as early as mid next week. Which would be a kick in the pants, specially since I received a nice severance on Friday.

Keep your fingers crossed everyone ....... if that goes through, I'm not selling the RD04. If it doesn't, then the big time search with the listings I have to apply to, begins. And then I probably will sell the RD04 just to be on the safe side ......

Why did life seem easier when I was 24 ?????????

G.