Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM   #10846
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 1,947
Ordered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormforce8 View Post
Reidy - I posted the relevant details for this back in this post - you can order one from your dealer.
Well who would have guessed I asked this question already...

This time I followed the link and ordered the part. Thanks mate
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #10847
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Foot pegs

I am looking to upgrade the footpegs on the AT and I like the fastways and they have a new Adventure peg but doesn't look like they are making anything for ther AT in those. What suggestions do you guys have. I would like something a little wider as my legs are pretty bowed standing up which I am doing most of the time. Cheers
Old 02-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #10848
dennism
dennism

Oddometer: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
I am looking to upgrade the footpegs on the AT and I like the fastways and they have a new Adventure peg but doesn't look like they are making anything for ther AT in those. What suggestions do you guys have. I would like something a little wider as my legs are pretty bowed standing up which I am doing most of the time. Cheers
You might look here...http://www.d2moto.com/c-481-foot-pegs.aspx

The Honda 250 ones will fit. Or you could try www.pivotpegz.com
dennism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 AM   #10849
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really

Oddometer: 4,829
Sending up a FLARE

Fellas,

Just discovered that Jim Rowley is ill.

For those of us that have ridden with him, you know he'd never volunteer this information easily.....however what follows is a post from Jim on the Transalp site to another inmate with cancer.

Quote:
Dave, get well soon. It seems we're both in similar boats. Mine was not on the kidney but the left adrenal gland. It was an 8 cm sarcoma tumor. I'm sporting a seven inch scar now. I start radiation therapy any day now, but not on weekends. It seems that cancer cells don't work on weekends. The best thing I've done for myself is changing my diet. I've gone vegetarian. No meat and no dairy, some fish. I'll send good thoughts and vibes your way.

Jim.

From when he was still a carnivor.............

I know we can take it from here....................................

Ladder106 screwed with this post 02-18-2012 at 10:44 AM
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 12:04 PM   #10850
NORTH RIDER
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 720
sorry to hear

i met JIM when he hosted the first NORTH AMERICA AFRICA TWIN MEET at his place in colorado.
i kept in contact with him since and was planning on visiting him this summer.
SPEEDY RECOVERY JIM.
sounds like they got it on time

NORTH RIDER
NORTH RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:42 AM   #10851
Isoiivari
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennism View Post
You might look here...http://www.d2moto.com/c-481-foot-pegs.aspx

The Honda 250 ones will fit. Or you could try www.pivotpegz.com

Will these fit my rd07a?
http://www.d2moto.com/p-4946-1988-19...foot-pegs.aspx

"I have only red about Jim here on this forum, so don't know him peronally but I really hope he recovers soon."
Isoiivari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 02:40 PM   #10852
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
Fellas,

Just discovered that Jim Rowley is ill.

For those of us that have ridden with him, you know he'd never volunteer this information easily.....however what follows is a post from Jim on the Transalp site to another inmate with cancer.

From when he was still a carnivor.............

I know we can take it from here....................................
Heal fast Jim!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #10853
at_dirt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Hey Jim, I am wishing you a speedy recovery. I know you have really helped a lot of people out here on ADV with your bike advise. Hopefully you can entertain yourself reading some great threads as you recover. I know that even though I sold my AT a couple of weeks ago after I lost the battle with the angle grinder I am finding myself cruising the fleamarket trying to figure out what bike might be fun in the future. I am reading some great threads that I didn't have time to read before. I look forward to reading about your bike builds in the future once you kick this thing.
at_dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM   #10854
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
Thanks for all the support guys. It helps a lot. Last Thursday marked the end of my six weeks of no lifting anything over ten pounds. I got adventurous and started all the bikes up in the garage yesterday. I even thought about getting a ride in before my radiation treatments start but Mother Nature had second thoughts. It's snowing.

On an AT note, I've been working on my new rear fender. Still in progress but getting there.

Old 02-20-2012, 03:33 PM   #10855
JGalt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 45
Looking for RD04 center stand

Anyone got any leads?
JGalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #10856
Ross Brown
One AU out

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidy008 View Post
I have XR400 pegs that bolt straight on. No rubber, all teeth as per XR spec so they offer more support. Much better grip for boots.
Ross Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #10857
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Really?

Not that I doubt you but can anyone confirm the direct bolt up of the XR pegs? Maybe a pic?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 PM   #10858
Jim Rowley
Rise above

Oddometer: 2,510
I don't have a pic but can confirm that XR pegs will fit. I have them on both the AT and TA.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:07 PM   #10859
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Any

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rowley View Post
I don't have a pic but can confirm that XR pegs will fit. I have them on both the AT and TA.
Jim, will any XR pegs fit or do I need to look at a certain model or year range? Cheers
Old 02-22-2012, 11:39 AM   #10860
teddy750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
internatinal bike of the year I.B.O.T.Y.

hello AFRICA TWIN twin lovers.Here in Greece most peole ( who love bikes) read a magazine called MOTO. This month it had the results of iboty after measuring the votes of the most popular moto magazines from around the world.as usual over the past years brand new and expensive bikes won .Exept fromSLOVENIA.In that country their magazine tested for a week these bikes. Aprilia Dorsoduo 1200, BMW 1200gsadventure, Moto Gyzzi Stelvio and decided that the best bike to own is AFRICA TWIN 750 1995.The year model is not that important. the thought behind it is that why leave such a well built motorcycle with as they say "a velvet motor engine" unbreakable and lasting structure to pay all that extra money and buy something with few extra horsepower and some gadgets when you can simply maintain this beautiful bike. from the little i understud from the article they propably had an africa as a backup during this test.A couple of years ago the greek magazine i told before also tested a BMW 1200 GS a HONDA VARADERO and KTM ADVENTURE 990. They also had an Africa with them.A fter the test the Africa was working perfecty and its disadvantages were less power and not that comfortable seat. Their conclusion? Africas ages better than all the others and will keep on working as smooth as the first time they were fired up when the others will be replaced by a "new" model .MAYBE IT IS TIME FOR THE BIKE BUILDERS TO STOP AND LISTEN TO THE RIDERS THAN THEIR MARCETIKING DEPARTMENTS. THEY CAN STILL MAKE MONEY FROM THE SARE PARTS.
teddy750 is offline   Reply With Quote