ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #10921
@dreamer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
@dreamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Oddometer: 133
Hello everyone, this for the guys at Rugged Roads, I need to order some parts from you guys but in an e-mail that I cant find right now, one of you told me that if I needed to order parts from another supplier in Europe that I could have them sent to RR and that way we could consolidate my shipping to the states or even back to Thailand.

Please help
@dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM   #10922
DC,Chad
Gnarly Adventurer
 
DC,Chad's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: wickford, essex, UK
Oddometer: 322
i will contact jonathan and let him know your needs
__________________
GS gone now on a 1990 Electraglide sport natural balance gone to Ratshit

RD03 Africa twin slowly coming together
DC,Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #10923
Stormforce8
Farkle Tart
 
Stormforce8's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: New Forest, England
Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by @dreamer View Post
Hello everyone, this for the guys at Rugged Roads, I need to order some parts from you guys but in an e-mail that I cant find right now, one of you told me that if I needed to order parts from another supplier in Europe that I could have them sent to RR and that way we could consolidate my shipping to the states or even back to Thailand.

Please help
You have a PM
__________________
www.ruggedroads.com
2000 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD07A - Rugged Roads Rallye Sport,
2002 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD07A - RWB
1989 Honda XRV750 Africa Twin RD04 - HRC
'Maybe I'm just simple - but can't we all just get along..........'
Stormforce8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #10924
@dreamer
Gnarly Adventurer
 
@dreamer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Oddometer: 133
Wow, you guys at RR are outstanding, thank you for the incredibly fast responses, your customer service is top notch and greatly appreciated.

Thanks Team RR
Keith
@dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #10925
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Rider View Post
The problem was the cable between the fusebox and the pump, well actually between fusebox and the connector under the seat. Replaced the wires and voila it runs again. How a cable can "break" during winter storage when nobody has moved the bike is beyond me.
A cable? Must be Swedish for an electrical wire? Glad you sorted it out.
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #10926
wrryder
Gnarly Adventurer
 
wrryder's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA
Oddometer: 165
Naats?



Shall we?
__________________
Craig
RD07a
Sacramento, CA

Don't Feed the Bearcat!
wrryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #10927
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,928
I'd love to but dunno if it's doable for me this year. Carole is having foot surgery some time this spring (depending on hot-shot surgeon's schedule) and will need about a month of me at home being her legs.

It's been in the back of my mind and I'd dearly love to pre-run some routes up the lost coast. I can pretty much get from the valley to the coast with about 40% dirt....maybe a bit less.

I'm not as familiar with the lost coast area as I'd like.

so...........

I'm a definite MAYBE.... (thought I'd say that before Greg did)
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #10928
A-Wind
Andreas RD07a
 
A-Wind's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Redondo Beach, CA
Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Rider View Post
How a cable can "break" during winter storage when nobody has moved the bike is beyond me.
This link is in German, http://www.vtr1000.de/forum/showthread.php?t=36751
but if you scroll down you'll find some pictures that might explain things from one possible angle:

A-Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #10929
Belgian Waffles
Studly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Green. Wet. Oregon.
Oddometer: 874
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
I'm a definite MAYBE.... (thought I'd say that before Greg did)
It's ok, he could say it once... then it'd be twice

__________________
Always chase your dreams. Even if you don't catch them, you'll have a hell of a time trying.

Current: 1989 Honda Transalp, 2006 Scorpa TY125F trials
Past: 1999 KLR 650, 1990 Tengai 650
Belgian Waffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #10930
Ladder106
It's a short cut, really
 
Ladder106's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2005
Location: Davis, CA
Oddometer: 4,928
Ladder106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #10931
Rookie_Rider
Adventurer
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: SWEDEN
Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPD750 View Post
A cable? Must be Swedish for an electrical wire? Glad you sorted it out.
It is basically the same thing. Sure wire fits better but I think 99.9999% of people reading this thread knows exactly what I mean, don't you?
"wire:
1. A usually pliable metallic strand or rod made in many lengths and diameters, sometimes clad and often electrically insulated, used chiefly for structural support or to conduct electricity.
2. A group of wire strands bundled or twisted together as a functional unit; cable."

Picking on a guy, that has English as his second language, for writing cable instead of wire?
Rookie_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #10932
The Apostle
Adventurer
 
The Apostle's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Oddometer: 29
In USA they use cable TV not wire TV !!!
It's like football and soccer
The Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #10933
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder106 View Post
I'd love to but dunno if it's doable for me this year. Carole is having foot surgery some time this spring (depending on hot-shot surgeon's schedule) and will need about a month of me at home being her legs.

It's been in the back of my mind and I'd dearly love to pre-run some routes up the lost coast. I can pretty much get from the valley to the coast with about 40% dirt....maybe a bit less.

I'm not as familiar with the lost coast area as I'd like.

so...........

I'm a definite MAYBE.... (thought I'd say that before Greg did)
Ok then...sounds to me like NorCal is where the next NAATS might be? Having said that it won't be doable for me this year. I would still like to see NorCal kept on the back burner....or how bout a NAATS in north/central British Columbia or Hyder Alaska one of these years? It's closer than you think for you guys in the PNW or NorCal. Just ask alainmax about the good riding up there. With my in-laws also having a cabin up there it could also be used for a meeting or staging area in order to do some rides. Something to think about....eh?
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #10934
Hectoe
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 25
Meanwhile in Finland...

Hectoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #10935
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Rider View Post
It is basically the same thing. Sure wire fits better but I think 99.9999% of people reading this thread knows exactly what I mean, don't you?
"wire:
1. A usually pliable metallic strand or rod made in many lengths and diameters, sometimes clad and often electrically insulated, used chiefly for structural support or to conduct electricity.
2. A group of wire strands bundled or twisted together as a functional unit; cable."

Picking on a guy, that has English as his second language, for writing cable instead of wire?
I meant no offence or being insensitive. Lost in translation happens alot on www forums and our multicultural societies...it's like the United Nations where i work. Some of it can be quite funny and you just roll with it. Cheers.
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014