ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts > Land of the Rising Sun: ADV Bikes from Japan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #12241
ericGSsti
Studly Adventurer
 
ericGSsti's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Oddometer: 536
Well lads,

I got the Spair saddle recovered for my RD04. Delight with how it turned out.





__________________
2003 KTM 525 EXC
2004 KTM 950 Adventure S. (GO!!!!!!!!!!!)
IBA membership no.35934
"In the spirit of adventure, open to all riders and carrying a message of friendship between all men"- Thierry Sabine 1977 founder of the Paris Dakar -
ericGSsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 06:53 PM   #12242
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW
 
Hotmamaandme's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Gardnerville NV
Oddometer: 2,701
Firm dates

2013 NAATS Roll Call
I'm a little reluctant to start a thread just for the NAATS so I'll keep it here. Can I get a roll call on attendees, yes, maybe or no? I have room for several people and plenty of camping space (poison ivy free) available. There are several hotels nearby too. My accomodations are subject to change as a new property may be in the cards.

So who's coming and who's on the fence? The dates are 24-28 July, 2013. Let me know.



Hey Jim I'm starting to plan this ride. Are these dates and locations firm so plans can be made on our end. Thanks Cory
__________________
My screen name is kind of long. I am the "ME" part, my name is Cory.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #12243
Jim Rowley
Rise above
 
Jim Rowley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Black Forest, Colorado
Oddometer: 2,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmamaandme View Post
2013 NAATS

Hey Jim I'm starting to plan this ride. Are these dates and locations firm so plans can be made on our end. Thanks Cory
Yes, plan your trip. Looking forward to seeing you.
__________________
Jim Rowley
Black Forest, CO
Jim Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #12244
Hotmamaandme
Wishing I was riding RTW
 
Hotmamaandme's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Gardnerville NV
Oddometer: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rowley View Post
Yes, plan your trip. Looking forward to seeing you.
Thanks! Going to hit a few national parks along the way.
__________________
My screen name is kind of long. I am the "ME" part, my name is Cory.

Jimmy Lewis quote: "Those KLRs are full of potential. Just takes a rider..."
Hotmamaandme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #12245
Squily
Squily
 
Squily's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2006
Location: Esperance WA
Oddometer: 1,221
What you do with you AT this weekend?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21150289&postcount=42
__________________

Squily
Squily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #12246
Jim Rowley
Rise above
 
Jim Rowley's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Black Forest, Colorado
Oddometer: 2,512
Thanks for the ride.
__________________
Jim Rowley
Black Forest, CO
Jim Rowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #12247
thump
Gnarly Adventurer
 
thump's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2005
Location: b-town,nj
Oddometer: 161
soo, anyone know if the front brake caliper off a xr 650l will fit on a rd03 since mine has decided not to release. i've already polished the pistons but they arent all to pretty.hoping to replace. anyother cross reference besides the nx? thanks!
thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #12248
mechahayai
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: CO
Oddometer: 143
Part # 17230-MM9-000 (replacement Air Filter) is for the old round style air filter. Not for an RD07A. Anybody stateside have a source for non K&N filters?
mechahayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #12249
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechahayai View Post
Part # 17230-MM9-000 (replacement Air Filter) is for the old round style air filter. Not for an RD07A. Anybody stateside have a source for non K&N filters?
OEM air filters or even after market such has Hi-Flo for an RDO7A can't be found in North America.

This ebay seller in the UK ships worldwide.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Oil-Fi...19ecedd7f#shId

And this ebay seller from Poland also ships worldwide and has good prices.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160880870078?...423.l2649#shId
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #12250
mechahayai
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: CO
Oddometer: 143
Nice. I just contacted the guy in Poland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPD750 View Post
OEM air filters or even after market such has Hi-Flo for an RDO7A can't be found in North America.

This ebay seller in the UK ships worldwide.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Air-Oil-Fi...19ecedd7f#shId

And this ebay seller from Poland also ships worldwide and has good prices.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/160880870078?...423.l2649#shId
mechahayai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #12251
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechahayai View Post
Nice. I just contacted the guy in Poland.
I have yet to do business with that seller in Poland but I have plans to. Not only is his feedback good but his parts are less expensive than any seller in Germany from my observations including the reasonable worldwide shipping. If you check out his store See other items
and enter Africa Twin or Transalp into his search you will find alot of useful parts.
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #12252
GSPD750
Adventurer
 
GSPD750's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: Calgary, AB
Oddometer: 1,429
As per my AT parts I put up for sale a few pages back...FYI...the carbon/kevlar windscreen and exhaust gaurd was sold to a nice man in Wisconsin named Papa Pete and the side panel fairing and regulator rectifier was sold to another nice man in California named Craig. Thanks. . That helped fund my new Pivot Pegz which I put on today. They are sweet.
__________________
1999 XRV 750 Africa Twin
1996 XL 600v Transalp
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:13 AM   #12253
Marius356
back on Africa Twin!
 
Marius356's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: HAMBURG (Germany)
Oddometer: 94
Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemacduf View Post
Gentlemen/Cabelleros,
My friend and I ( We are David and Wolfgang) will start next week from Cuenca,Ecuador to spend 2 months travelling primarily to Brazil but including Peru. Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia and Chile.
I just had a regulator fail and must use my spare for the trip. We will both be on Africa Twins XRV 750Y years 2002 and 2003.
Does anyone know a source for this part in South America. If and when I find them along the way I would like to buy 2.
We will follow a route from Peru into Brazil,dropping into Uruguay and on into Argentina.We will cross to Santiago ,Chili where we have friends and catch Bolivia on the way back to Ecuador. Needless to say the earlier in the trip we can find these regulators the better.
Any help will be much appreciated and any A/T riders along the way would be just another great excuse to stop and talk about the motos we love to travel on.
Next time try cutting of the plugs and soldering (löten) the cable that connects the regulator with the loom (Kabelbaum).

If the plugs are burnt the regulator is prone to fail.
Soldering somehow prevents it.
Have you checked africatwin.de (German forum / resource for the AT)?

Also take a spare fuel pump with you if you haven't already replaced the stock pump or enhanced the stock pump by adding a diode.
__________________
"Coins are the by-catch in the vacuuming-buisness!"
("Kleingeld ist der Beifang in der Staubsaugerei!")
Marius356 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #12254
Joz
What could go wrong?
 
Joz's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 1,847
ebay.co.uk has worked for me. Many European sellers will ship to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechahayai View Post
Part # 17230-MM9-000 (replacement Air Filter) is for the old round style air filter. Not for an RD07A. Anybody stateside have a source for non K&N filters?
__________________
Africa Twin, CRM250-AR, TLM220R, CT90, SY250
Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives. -A. Sachs

"Get on with living or get on with dying" Paul Rodden 71 years old
Joz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #12255
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: DFW TX
Oddometer: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemacduf View Post
Gentlemen/Cabelleros,
My friend and I ( We are David and Wolfgang) will start next week from Cuenca,Ecuador to spend 2 months travelling primarily to Brazil but including Peru. Uruguay, Argentina, Bolivia and Chile.
I just had a regulator fail and must use my spare for the trip. We will both be on Africa Twins XRV 750Y years 2002 and 2003.
Does anyone know a source for this part in South America. If and when I find them along the way I would like to buy 2.
We will follow a route from Peru into Brazil,dropping into Uruguay and on into Argentina.We will cross to Santiago ,Chili where we have friends and catch Bolivia on the way back to Ecuador. Needless to say the earlier in the trip we can find these regulators the better.
Any help will be much appreciated and any A/T riders along the way would be just another great excuse to stop and talk about the motos we love to travel on.
You might want to check this thread. Some of the guys that post on this thread have lived in that area and have friends and relatives there. Besides it's an interesting read. http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=831076
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014