User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
scubabiker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Tomos

might upload pics, but anyway, i got a tomos flexer last year at a great deal, ive used it all winter and pretty much most the summer, its a hoot to ride, weighs maybe 30KG. i get the foorpegs down around every corner and i fell off it!
anyway specs are:
standard motor and gearing
modified reeds for a little better flow
airbox has a snorkle, so now i can ride through REALLY deep water
extra mian beam as the -10W bulbs are useless in winter here.
there is more but i forgot
had some knobbly studded tyres for winter on it and it worked amazing.
highly recommend anyone buying one.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,704
I've had 3 Tomos mopeds, 2 STs (formerly called a Targa) and a Sprint. All 3 had the A35 engine. All mine had pedals. Cornering required having the inside pedal up and the outside pedal down.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
LM15
Adventurer

Oddometer: 37
They are nice looking scooters or...modpeds?
LM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:42 PM   #4
Organic Mechanic
Awesome sauce taster

Oddometer: 51
mopeds!!!

I have a group of friend that are absolutely insane about those peds...

If I was not so large framed i would love to blast one of the Tomas's around the city.
Organic Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 03:45 PM   #5
73Mustang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Where can I buy a brand new one? I heard they're about a grand for a brand new two-stroke.
73Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:06 PM   #6
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73Mustang View Post
Where can I buy a brand new one? I heard they're about a grand for a brand new two-stroke.
Unfortunately tomos is not really in the game in the US anymore. There are probably some Midwest dealers with inventory, but none in California that I know of.

The problem is, parts. Aftermarket I'm sure is still available, but inside parts, like clutches and the sprags in the trans etc, n springs, wear item..... Likely unavailable once current supply runs out.

Great bikes, have had multiples of them, piled on tens of thousands of miles on em.
villageidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #7
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,704
If you want a moped, look for a Puch stepthrough E50 (Maxi, Newport) They have been out of production for 30 years, but every single part is still available (but the frame) and likely will be for decades. I have a Newport, it runs fine, but I am also too big for it.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #8
scubabiker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

bit fo an update on this, been riding it nearly daily, not a single problem, anyway, decided to upgrade a little bit, got a massive box of parts from the US. its now running a 70cc cylinder high comp head, massive 21mm carb, chamber and some mild porting, still running it in, will dyno it soon and find out what power it makes. its a total blast to ride now, the wheels spins! over 60KMH uphill, on only half throttle!
Old 08-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #9
73Mustang
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabiker View Post
bit fo an update on this, been riding it nearly daily, not a single problem, anyway, decided to upgrade a little bit, got a massive box of parts from the US. its now running a 70cc cylinder high comp head, massive 21mm carb, chamber and some mild porting, still running it in, will dyno it soon and find out what power it makes. its a total blast to ride now, the wheels spins! over 60KMH uphill, on only half throttle!
YOu know it didn't happen unless you have photo or video to prove it. :Haha:
73Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #10
villageidiot
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubabiker View Post
from treatland.tv?
villageidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 09:22 AM   #11
scubabiker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot View Post
from treatland.tv?
yeah, alukit party supreme, will get a vid tomorrow on the way to work if i remember to take my camera
Old 09-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #12
scubabiker OP
Gnarly Adventurer

pow. pics of the motor after a few km.
and pow pic of both bikes, my vf had a fallout with a hairpin turn in a tunnel and is about to go under the operating table for winter