Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #1486
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 553
There are going to be the new Indian. . . open . . closed . . bankrupt . . purchased . . broke . . . crap new model . . bankrupt . . .overpriced . . . closed . . . .moved . . . etc etc blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:02 AM   #1487
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeymike View Post
There are going to be the new Indian. . . open . . closed . . bankrupt . . purchased . . broke . . . crap new model . . bankrupt . . .overpriced . . . closed . . . .moved . . . etc etc blah blah blah. Rinse and repeat.
Do you ever have anything to say that isn't completely pessimistic and negative?

Jolly old england my ass!

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #1488
limeymike
Who Me?

Oddometer: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by bueller View Post
do you ever have anything to say that isn't completely pessimistic and negative?

Jolly old england my ass!
lol! Oh Bueller, lighten up. You have your opinions and I have mine, say what you want and I'll do the same. In my opinion this company will not be around long based on the type of motorcycle and the price point they have chosen. I hope that wasn't too pessimistic or negative.

QUOTE:> Jolly old england my ass! I really don't want to and is this a buckeye thing?

limeymike screwed with this post 07-21-2012 at 02:28 PM
limeymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #1489
Hog Rider
The Professor

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
lol! Oh Bueller, lighten up. You have your opinions and I have mine, say what you want and I'll do the same. In my opinion this company will not be around long based on the type of motorcycle and the price point they have chosen. I hope that wasn't too pessimistic or negative.

QUOTE:> Jolly old england my ass! I really don't want to and is this a buckeye thing?

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

http://carlstwowheeledadventures.blogspot.com

2006 Buell Ulysses, Current Rally Mount
1984 HD Electra Glide Classic
1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
1982 Honda CBX Super Sport, Work in progress
Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #1490
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,099
Quote:

It's not that kind of party.

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #1491
Coloradorider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
I hope they fail. The only thing that looks factory is the engine, frame and fairing. Everything else looks an aftermarket special. The nerve of charging that much...fuck 'em.
Coloradorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #1492
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradorider View Post
I hope they fail. The only thing that looks factory is the engine, frame and fairing. Everything else looks an aftermarket special. The nerve of charging that much...fuck 'em.
. Those bastards. Who do they think they are, trying to make money.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #1493
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,345
I would have thought that $30K was prohibitive, but I talked to someone recently who said he spent $38K on some H-D special model (they don't have too many of those, do they) bagger. I didn't think you could spend that much on a regular factory Harley.

I think Motus's problem will be convincing people they'll be around for the long run, and not be left with an orphan you can't get parts for.

Is there any firm release date yet?

Speedo66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #1494
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedo66 View Post
Is there any firm release date yet?
Someone quote me so he can see my response
Quote:
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #1495
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,912
As for the price, which is more than I am willing to pay for a bike, haven't you noticed how many 30-50 year old males that drive Porsches, BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes etc? These guys have money to blow and like to have something that others can't afford.

From what I have read, Motus's business model doesn't require huge numbers to be profitable. All they need to do is sell a couple hundred bikes in each of the next few years and then slowy release additional models as they gain experience. I think there are enough of those above type of guys to achieve their modest sales goals. I do hope that they succeed which means one day I might be able to own one, even if it is a used one.

Time will tell.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:28 PM   #1496
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
As for the price, which is more than I am willing to pay for a bike, haven't you noticed how many 30-50 year old males that drive Porsches, BMW's, Audi's, Mercedes etc? These guys have money to blow and like to have something that others can't afford.

From what I have read, Motus's business model doesn't require huge numbers to be profitable. All they need to do is sell a couple hundred bikes in each of the next few years and then slowy release additional models as they gain experience. I think there are enough of those above type of guys to achieve their modest sales goals. I do hope that they succeed which means one day I might be able to own one, even if it is a used one.

Time will tell.

Rick G
There are definitely enough people who can afford one, even in this economy, to keep Motus afloat. The key will be whether Motus will be able to convince them to buy one or not. I too really hope Motus succeeds, because even with the negativity on this site towards them, I really want one, but I am afraid it will have to be a used one.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #1497
LoneTraveler
Captain Zoomtastic

Oddometer: 450
As much as I'd love to "buy American" there is no way in hell I'm going to shell out $35k+ for a bespoke product with no dealer network, limited availability of parts and no reputation. For the price of this, I could buy several bikes and still have change left over for farkles and other fun stuff.

If this were $18k, ok, sure.
LoneTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #1498
rotten
LOST AGAIN

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
as much as i'd love to "buy american" there is no way in hell i'm going to shell out $35k+ for a bespoke product with no dealer network, limited availability of parts and no reputation. For the price of this, i could buy several bikes and still have change left over for farkles and other fun stuff.

+1
rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 AM   #1499
Rick G
Ranger Rick

Oddometer: 1,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneTraveler View Post
As much as I'd love to "buy American" there is no way in hell I'm going to shell out $35k+ for a bespoke product with no dealer network, limited availability of parts and no reputation. For the price of this, I could buy several bikes and still have change left over for farkles and other fun stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotten View Post
+1
I guess neither one of you are in their target market.

All I have stated is that there are enough guys (& gals) who won't have an issue with the price tag for a limited production exotic bike.

Bimota has a similar demographic, but they use someone else's motor. At least Motus developed (with help) their own engine.

I think they have the best chance of succeding with an American sport bike since Buell was bought by HD.

On second thought, we all now know how that worked out but I don't think it was Buell's fault that they failed. HD never let them be the bike company that they wanted to become.

Regardless, whether or not I ever own or even ride one, I hope they succeed.

Rick G
Rick G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #1500
rotten
LOST AGAIN

Oddometer: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick G View Post
I guess neither one of you are in their target market.

All I have stated is that there are enough guys (& gals) who won't have an issue with the price tag for a limited production exotic bike.

Bimota has a similar demographic, but they use someone else's motor. At least Motus developed (with help) their own engine.

I think they have the best chance of succeding with an American sport bike since Buell was bought by HD.

On second thought, we all now know how that worked out but I don't think it was Buell's fault that they failed. HD never let them be the bike company that they wanted to become.

Regardless, whether or not I ever own or even ride one, I hope they succeed.

Rick G
Your correct! I am not saying that if my economic status was to change that my opinion of wanting one would change, it would. I really like the design, look, engine, etc... in fact I like the "R" version. I am also already in the habit of wanting limited production items just ends up to happen 20 years after they were introduced to the market and 10's thousands cheaper then introduction.
rotten is offline   Reply With Quote