ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 AM   #226
Paulvt1
Beastly Adventurer
 
Paulvt1's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2004
Location: Wolverhampton. England.
Oddometer: 3,523
Impressive. I wish them all the best.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #227
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Yeah they need to make a naked


For certain.
They have 2 models planned, a naked would be great too..

If anyone's at Daytona and meets up with them, maybe you could find out ballpark price, and what is the retailer plan...
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:24 AM   #228
jimmex
Rider
 
jimmex's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: West Texas
Oddometer: 2,477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
This looks like a KTM headlight..



The Motus VP sitting on it... the bike looks diminutive..



the back end..

That thing looks sweet, and with a super torquey V4 should be a pleasure to ride. I like it.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #229
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Surely the price would have to be in the $50K plus range for them even to bother.
Not necessarily. I remember reading somewhere that while the engine was first being deployed in a motorcycle it wasn't the sole objective. Depending on the investors the bike could be sold at a much lower price point if they weren't worried about running a profitable motorcycle business, but had a larger target in mind. The motorcycle is simple a means of getting press. Already there's quite a bit of attention being paid to this bike/engine because it's an American made motorcycle. With that in mind it's possible the bike could be sold at Ducati prices instead of KLR prices.
McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #230
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow
 
LuciferMutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: New(er) Mexico
Oddometer: 11,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
. With that in mind it's possible the bike could be sold at Ducati prices instead of KLR prices.


Do you mean KTM?
__________________
You couldn't hear a dump truck driving through a nitro glycerin plant!

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #231
McNeal
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 1,696
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog View Post


Do you mean KTM?
No, from the sounds of it there are folks who were wanting the bike sold at KLR prices. Of course, I wouldn't complain either, but that's not likely to happen. Production could be limited because they don't have the facilities to produce more. Not because the bike is priced so high there's only going to be a limited number of buyers. If the bike was priced like a Ducati I would certainly think there'd be enough American riders wanting a modern bike that would willing step up to the plate even with the limited dealer network.

It will be interesting to see how much they ask for the bike. It's got some oddities in the styling, but there's something about it that I like.
McNeal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #232
kraven
Hegelian Scum
 
kraven's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Oddometer: 4,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeal View Post
No, from the sounds of it there are folks who were wanting the bike sold at KLR prices. Of course, I wouldn't complain either, but that's not likely to happen. Production could be limited because they don't have the facilities to produce more. Not because the bike is priced so high there's only going to be a limited number of buyers. If the bike was priced like a Ducati I would certainly think there'd be enough American riders wanting a modern bike that would willing step up to the plate even with the limited dealer network.

It will be interesting to see how much they ask for the bike. It's got some oddities in the styling, but there's something about it that I like.
I think it's only unemployed guys who hang out on ADVrider and comment all day that want it priced like a KLR.
The consumers who can and will buy at a reasonable price point are really your KTM/BMW/MG buyers who want exclusivity and can afford to pay for it.
Every bike has styling oddities. It's part of what people like in a bike like this.
__________________
So there I was walking into a biker bar in Chattanooga with liberty spikes on my head and a drag queen beside me... - bcurvin
kraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #233
basque
Infidel
 
basque's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: NYC
Oddometer: 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
I think it's only unemployed guys who hang out on ADVrider and comment all day that want it priced like a KLR.
The consumers who can and will buy at a reasonable price point are really your KTM/BMW/MG buyers who want exclusivity and can afford to pay for it.
Every bike has styling oddities. It's part of what people like in a bike like this.
But, again... there are styling oddities and then there's just plain blah...

I'm not saying it's the ugliest bike ever, but there's so much more potential there.

The engine, american-made, torque for days... what's not to like?

But there's no denying that looks matter. Big time.

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/20...sign-strength/
basque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:53 PM   #234
PegasoPat
General Smart Ass
 
PegasoPat's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Sarasota Fl.
Oddometer: 336
Wicked Experimental Airplane engine?

I love what they are doing, actually building something rather than sitting around and bitching. The engine looks amazing to me and I love the "note". But what really interest me is seeing if the engine would be avaliable for installation in a small experimental aircraft! Crazy I know but what the hell. I wish Motus the best of luck, anybody that wants to design, build and hire in America, has my total support.
__________________
Dream like you'll live forever, live like you'll die tomorrow
PegasoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:21 PM   #235
1LIFE2LIVE
Beastly Adventurer
 
1LIFE2LIVE's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: U.S.A.
Oddometer: 1,037
www.motorcycle.com has a write up in today's issue - check it out.
1LIFE2LIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:22 PM   #236
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer
 
bk brkr baker's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: The Bluegrass
Oddometer: 5,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasoPat View Post
I love what they are doing, actually building something rather than sitting around and bitching. The engine looks amazing to me and I love the "note". But what really interest me is seeing if the engine would be avaliable for installation in a small experimental aircraft! Crazy I know but what the hell. I wish Motus the best of luck, anybody that wants to design, build and hire in America, has my total support.


Or to fly closer to the ground , how about an updated version of the Morgan?

With the 160 HP Motus for power it could be fun.
__________________
RR's Catnip Hill to Peoria ___Loopin' Seattle to WestFest
It started with some beers __1500 miles to the Dentist
Skeedaddle to Seattle______ A 30 year old on a Three Flags Run
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #237
MZRider
Neo-Luddite
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: Western MD
Oddometer: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk brkr baker View Post


Or to fly closer to the ground , how about an updated version of the Morgan?

With the 160 HP Motus for power it could be fun.
Morgan themselves are building an updated three-wheeler, only with S&S power. http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/home.html
__________________
Charlie
http://www.AntietamClassicCycle.com
'69 Guzzi Ambassador,'77 Yamaha XT500,
'88 Ducati Paso, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #238
gplutt
Gnarly Adventurer
 
gplutt's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Oddometer: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZRider View Post
Morgan themselves are building an updated three-wheeler, only with S&S power. http://www.morgan3wheeler.co.uk/home.html
http://cycle-car.com/

Made right here in Seattle.
gplutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:38 AM   #239
LocuL
Gnarly Infantry
 
LocuL's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Denmark - Jutland
Oddometer: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
That thing looks sweet, and with a super torquey V4 should be a pleasure to ride. I like it.
yep

ktm headlight
__________________
KTM 950(1190) Adv-s, Soon to be Project 1190
KTM 530 EXC-R 08
LocuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 PM   #240
GB
Mod Squad
 
GB's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto, ON
Oddometer: 55,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LIFE2LIVE View Post
www.motorcycle.com has a write up in today's issue - check it out.
"Pricing is yet to be determined, but as it’s a niche bike built in small volumes, expect a price tag that reflects that. Then again, volume will depend on the number of dealers interested, and that in turn could help lower costs. "

What will the market bear price wise for this bike, keeping in mind the ZX14 - a bike in the same ballpark weight and power -, which can be set up with heli bars for a more upright riding position..?
__________________
ADV decals, patches & flag? Here
GB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014