Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #2821
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
If you're serious and not blowing smoke.... give them a call and put down a deposit.
I actually emailed and messaged (Facebook) them to see if I could get a timeline, but haven't heard back, I'm sure they're plenty busy with other things right now. I'm pretty serious though. If the timing works right, I may end up with the MST-R even.... Here's hoping....but if it's going to be much longer, I might just get the 1190 and call it good for a year or two..... If that's going to be much longer, I might just hold onto my GSA through Spring and see what shakes loose then.

And then of course...there's the new Indians..... Hmmmm

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #2822
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
I actually emailed and messaged (Facebook) them to see if I could get a timeline, but haven't heard back, I'm sure they're plenty busy with other things right now. I'm pretty serious though. If the timing works right, I may end up with the MST-R even.... Here's hoping....but if it's going to be much longer, I might just get the 1190 and call it good for a year or two..... If that's going to be much longer, I might just hold onto my GSA through Spring and see what shakes loose then.

And then of course...there's the new Indians..... Hmmmm
They're displaying the bikes at the Barber vintage festival right now. Keep after them , I'm sure they'd like to get you on one of their bikes.
bk brkr baker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #2823
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,502
Just finished the d show n tell at their galactic head quarters... they had a bike night

My Buddy Rodney checking it out..

Lots of sales pitch, not much touching, zero riding.

Was really hoping to see the bikes MOVING, or at least see some production / machining.... Guess it's all farmed out ?

They had one of those thunder cat things on display too,

but commoners were not allowed to touch them, or stand to close too long, whatever, that's a stupid bike I would expect to see on discovery channel and no where else anyway.

We did get some up close time to look at things while the "tour" was ingesting the sales speach in the other room:

Chain drive ?
Chain driven accessories ?
Interesting clutch line routing?
Eccentrics on the rear adjustments?
Big, thin windscreen?
Acropovic pipes maybe ?
No cruise control?
No Bluetooth, no frills yet like smart key, central unlocks etc?
Looks really long, with really long bars ?

The bikes and the very nicely dressed and maintained women at the event all seemed very similar, for some reason.

Since Mike loaned me his STUPID FUN kx500 to blast through downtown Birmingham, it wasn't a total loss though !!!

I have some video of the open pipe motus revving, but it's shit... Uploading now...

ohgood screwed with this post 10-12-2013 at 08:02 PM
ohgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #2824
KMC1
There is no spoon.

How tall is Rodney? Is he a bigger sized guy (above average)?

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
Old 10-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #2825
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC1 View Post
How tall is Rodney? Is he a bigger sized guy (above average)?
he's prolly 5'9" or so, pretty much what they model tanks after otherwise.

there was a guy that was prolly 5'1-5'4" (sorry, i'm 6'4" so everyone looks either short or woooo shit he's taller than me!) that tried out the seat height and was very happy with it. apparently the bars are "fully adjustable" and the seat can go pretty low since there isn't anything directly below it.

take a look at the bars/steering stem, it's a really long ways between them. i really wanted to see anyone riding it at slow speed to see just how awkward it would be trying to get the bars from lock to lock.

the really weird part of the night was that -all- the bikes were hot from riding back from barber's (or wherever), but they wouldn't start up any of them besides the test mule in the white room that had no pipes on it. i really wanted to get a good idea how loud it would be with stockers, i guess they were more interested in drawing a crowd with the LOUD v8 noise it makes instead ?

:)
Old 10-13-2013, 06:16 AM   #2826
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPdSw3ZgtQ

sorry for the bad audio, and not much content for video really either. straight pipes never do sound good anyway, so no great loss.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #2827
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgood View Post
he's prolly 5'9" or so, pretty much what they model tanks after otherwise.

there was a guy that was prolly 5'1-5'4" (sorry, i'm 6'4" so everyone looks either short or woooo shit he's taller than me!) that tried out the seat height and was very happy with it. apparently the bars are "fully adjustable" and the seat can go pretty low since there isn't anything directly below it.

take a look at the bars/steering stem, it's a really long ways between them. i really wanted to see anyone riding it at slow speed to see just how awkward it would be trying to get the bars from lock to lock.

the really weird part of the night was that -all- the bikes were hot from riding back from barber's (or wherever), but they wouldn't start up any of them besides the test mule in the white room that had no pipes on it. i really wanted to get a good idea how loud it would be with stockers, i guess they were more interested in drawing a crowd with the LOUD v8 noise it makes instead ?

:)
Lol...yeah man, I understand your point...I'm about 6' but I'm a "little" larger than average in waist / jacket measurements....I'm more concerned about the bike being too small for me..... If Rodney is 5'9" and doesn't look so big to me, and he's almost filling up the seating.....uh oh.....

And yeah....I don't get that whole loud pipes thing either....I like quiet bikes myself, especially one I plan to ride a bunch.

Old 10-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #2828
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbPdSw3ZgtQ

sorry for the bad audio, and not much content for video really either. straight pipes never do sound good anyway, so no great loss.
Ohhhhhmomma! Damn that engine sounds good!

I'd like to hear that with a nice mellow akro or Remus on there......

Getting kinda excited for these to come out......

Old 10-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #2829
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,664
Quote:
They had one of those thunder cat things on display too,

but commoners were not allowed to touch them, or stand to close too long, whatever, that's a stupid bike I would expect to see on discovery channel and no where else anyway.
Brian Case, Motus' co-founder was chief designer at Confederate - which IMO makes some way cool, out-of-the-box motorcycles.
Seeing the Hellcat front end and other design features with the Motus engine, is pretty cool, and I think lots of others would too. Those that would buy a Hellcat would probably take a look at a Thundercat too
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #2830
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
I know this isn't the normal response . . . . but I'm interested in the ergos and the engine heat on the legs. I'm sold on the rest and intend to use it as a sport-tourer. The ergo template on the web looks wrong based on the pictures above?? I would love it to compare to my ST or GT in terms of comfort

Jeff
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #2831
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoAggie View Post
I know this isn't the normal response . . . . but I'm interested in the ergos and the engine heat on the legs. I'm sold on the rest and intend to use it as a sport-tourer. The ergo template on the web looks wrong based on the pictures above?? I would love it to compare to my ST or GT in terms of comfort

Jeff
Forget about ergo charts , there is a LOT of adjustments to be made as you need it.

I'd imagine anyone from 5'2" to 6'4" would be happy with it. Really.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #2832
GeoAggie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Forget about ergo charts , there is a LOT of adjustments to be made as you need it.

I'd imagine anyone from 5'2" to 6'4" would be happy with it. Really.
Great . . . . can't wait to sit on one in the Dallas dealer.
GeoAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #2833
BlueSkyGuy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 422
Good for them

But it is late 80's early 90's style which isn't all bad but why chain final such an odd choice. Shaft is the only final for this layout and you can buy two ST1300's for one of these.
BlueSkyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:07 PM   #2834
Croak
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSkyGuy View Post
But it is late 80's early 90's style which isn't all bad but why chain final such an odd choice. Shaft is the only final for this layout and you can buy two ST1300's for one of these.
Dude, I think you overestimate the desire for shafts. Other than maybe a Guzzi for giggles, I have not and will never have the desire to own a bike with an overweight, cost-adding, power-robbing, handling-affecting panacea for dirty hands and a little knee bending. And I'm not the only one.

Give me a lightweight, efficient, cost-effective, tunable, fully user-serviceable, easily replaceable and reliable final drive. Which, of course, is a chain.

For those shafties out there bitching, the market is not under-served, no shortage of pigs to purchase. I take some solace that Motus, Aprilia, Ducati and KTM are so far free from the disease (and saddened that Triumph succumbed to it).

/rant off.
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #2835
ohgood
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
Dude, I think you overestimate the desire for shafts. Other than maybe a Guzzi for giggles, I have not and will never have the desire to own a bike with an overweight, cost-adding, power-robbing, handling-affecting panacea for dirty hands and a little knee bending. And I'm not the only one.

Give me a lightweight, efficient, cost-effective, tunable, fully user-serviceable, easily replaceable and reliable final drive. Which, of course, is a chain.

For those shafties out there bitching, the market is not under-served, no shortage of pigs to purchase. I take some solace that Motus, Aprilia, Ducati and KTM are so far free from the disease (and saddened that Triumph succumbed to it).

/rant off.
Good ! You'll be even happier then to know that your accessories are all chain driven too ! And directly next to your thigh!