Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 AM   #3091
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringles mcingles View Post
They were a no show at last week's International Motorcycle Show in DC
IMS shows ROB the MFGs of $$$. The cost of a booth at one is crazy money (plus the flogging they get with setup, tear down, etc). A few major MFGs backed out during the lean years. Triumph, KTM, Ducati, all of Piaggio were/are not stepping up to have a booth for a few years. Some local dealers would bring on a brand for one show, but not a full on MFG booth.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:24 AM   #3092
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,512
I'm actually hoping they succeed. But I'd like to see it happen during my lifetime. I'm almost 55. Time is riunning out. Remember they are only building 2 very similar versions of one bike, not a whole bunch of different models like Triumph came out with. At their price, if they come out with a flawed product, they will likely fail. But if they wait much longer, they may also fail. Taking to long to bring this bike to market indicates to many people that they are having issues, especially after missing so many of their own deadlines, and that can cause a lack of confidence in the company.

I may be annoying at times, but at 6' 230, I am certainly not little.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:38 AM   #3093
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,713
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
IMS shows ROB the MFGs of $$$. The cost of a booth at one is crazy money (plus the flogging they get with setup, tear down, etc). A few major MFGs backed out during the lean years. Triumph, KTM, Ducati, all of Piaggio were/are not stepping up to have a booth for a few years. Some local dealers would bring on a brand for one show, but not a full on MFG booth.
A few years back dealers were paying $250 dollars at the IMS in NY just to have an electrical extension cord installed. You can't do it yourself, union rule ya know.

Paul
Old 01-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #3094
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,055
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
Since it is now January 16, 2014, they missed yet another deadline, with no explanation at all. At least the Hanlons at E-H publicized everything they did. Not that it did them much good.

never tire of the idiocy, do ya?

Quote:
I may be annoying at times, but at 6' 230, I am certainly not little.
he wasn't referring to physical size... but the size of the intellect used in your posts.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 10:00 AM   #3095
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,601
Quote:
Since it is now January 16, 2014, they missed yet another deadline, with no explanation at all. At least the Hanlons at E-H publicized everything they did. Not that it did them much good.
You do know that the ~ONLY~ similarity between Motus and EH was that the end product was a motorcycle, right? There could be no two different business models than those two companies. You keep bringing this point up, but you fail to understand the difference.

EH was venture capitalists at their lowest hour getting capital and promising a never-going-to-happen ROI with targets set on Harley.

Motus isn't asking for investment dollars, they are not hitting up the state for capital, they are not building a 10k bike/year factory, they are not funneling millions of investor dollars into their pockets.

What is it, exactly, that you do not understand about that? Why do you care WHAT they do since you won't even pony up cash for a Harley (a bike you actually want)? Why did I respond to a JerryH post?
Old 01-17-2014, 01:38 PM   #3096
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,247
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
You do know that the ~ONLY~ similarity between Motus and EH was that the end product was a motorcycle, right? There could be no two different business models than those two companies. You keep bringing this point up, but you fail to understand the difference.

EH was venture capitalists at their lowest hour getting capital and promising a never-going-to-happen ROI with targets set on Harley.

Motus isn't asking for investment dollars, they are not hitting up the state for capital, they are not building a 10k bike/year factory, they are not funneling millions of investor dollars into their pockets.

What is it, exactly, that you do not understand about that? Why do you care WHAT they do since you won't even pony up cash for a Harley (a bike you actually want)? Why did I respond to a JerryH post?
Right on.

And:

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #3097
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post

never tire of the idiocy, do ya?

JerryH is back!
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #3098
wcohl
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 268
Quote:
They were a no show at last week's International Motorcycle Show in DC
The last DC IMS show I attended, most of the manufacturers were a no show. It was mostly local dealers representing the various brands and the rest of the show was a giant flea market of vendors with inflated prices to cover their entrance fee. It wasn't worth the cost of admission.
wcohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #3099
pringles mcingles
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcohl View Post
The last DC IMS show I attended, most of the manufacturers were a no show. It was mostly local dealers representing the various brands and the rest of the show was a giant flea market of vendors with inflated prices to cover their entrance fee. It wasn't worth the cost of admission.
Yeah, last year's was a lot of misc vendors; not as much this year. I didn't realize the costs associated w/ showing at the IMS, but MOTUS was there last year and I enjoyed talking with the rep. I'm a big fan; I hope they can pull it off.
pringles mcingles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #3100
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
JerryH is back!
I only came back to make a comment about how they had missed another one of their own deadlines. They said they would have bikes for sale before the end of the year. I guess now it will be the end of THIS year?

What is even more annoying is that they have not explained what the problem is. Since I am not going to buy one, it might seem that I would have no interest in what they do. But for some reason I keep waiting and wondering. Why do they keep making promises and breaking them? A situation like this can cause all manner of speculation, a lot of it negative. And surely whoever is running Motus knows this.

I'll check this thread again in 3-4 months. I don't expect there to be any change.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #3101
ViperJustin
Aerial Gunner

Oddometer: 554
Quote:
I'll check the JerryH posts again in 3-4 months. I don't expect there to be any change.

Fixed it for you.
08 MegaMoto #99529
ViperJustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #3102
whisperquiet
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 864
Moths, Motus, come in, come in, where ever you are
whisperquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #3103
kwb377
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 175
This pic was posted on their FB page. Apparently they're stuffing V4's into RZR's in their spare time. Looks like they have plenty of room for it.

~ IBA #55309
'11 Ninja 1K
'04 200E XC
'82 GS650G
kwb377 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #3104
Worroll
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 753
You'd think they'd be putting engines into motorcycles...
2011 Sprint GT, 2000 Moto Guzzi Jackal, 1981 Honda CB750F, 1957 BSA Bantam D3 restoration project, Past bikes -2008 Kawasaki KLR650, 1986 Honda Shadow VT1100C, 1998 Honda Shadow Aero VT1100C3, 2006 Yamaha FZ6, 2006 Kawasaki ZX-14,1980 Yamaha XT500
Worroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:41 AM   #3105
KMC1
There is no spoon.

Oddometer: 2,247
Yeah no kidding right? Maybe they should get to work and actually start selling a product rather than vapor ware.

An Overview of the United States National Debt: http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php
KMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote