Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #331
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoulli View Post
Let's try this. You might get more responses in Head explody. If you want even more try Road warriors.
im pretty much honey badgered about it
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #332
Kawidad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,667
That engine does sound good. Reminds me of the older Viffers with the right pipe.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #333
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croak View Post
That fact that it is not a shaft drive is a huge selling point for some of us. :)
Yes, along with a lot of other things it's not, I imagine.

Two very different takes on building a sporty, 1650cc tourer, that's for sure.
Moronic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 AM   #334
606XXZIP
NAVVET

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilNinjaDog View Post
No.
Motus just happens to deploy a trellis backbone similar to the trellis that Ducati made famous but there is no link at all between the designers at Motus and the designers at Ducati.

At the minimum they are heavily influenced by Euro design concepts especially Italian design.

The angles and proportions are extrmemly European. I have trouble finding much Japonese design influence in the Motus.

Being American made they should be less expensive than the Ducati Imports.

How does Motus support their bikes through factory trained mechanics, parts distribution, accessories, and warranty issues ?
606XXZIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:17 AM   #335
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,222
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606XXZIP View Post
Being American made they should be less expensive than the Ducati Imports.
Just like H-D's, right?

Quote:
How does Motus support their bikes through factory trained mechanics, parts distribution, accessories, and warranty issues ?
Motus doesn't sell their bikes yet.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #336
606XXZIP
NAVVET

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Just like H-D's, right?

Motus doesn't sell their bikes yet.

Ducati makes more expensive factory production models than HD.

And Ducati accessories and clothing are way more expensive than HD. I know because I own a Ducati and have owned 3 Harleys (both are Great bikes)

Is Motus assembling their bikes with documented American Union labor like Harley does ?

or is Motus anti Union ?

Also, what is your impression of the Euro Design of the Motus ?

Again second time -

Are they linked to Polaris or another company that already has distribution and sales networks setup ?

606XXZIP screwed with this post 04-26-2011 at 12:07 PM
Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #337
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,882
This thing sounds terrific!

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #338
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,882
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lornce View Post
This thing sounds terrific!

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:11 PM   #339
JBMorse
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 233
Is it me or is the bike really loud?
I mean it sounds awesome in the video but if I'm going to sport TOUR I want something that won't wear out my ears.
Don't get me wrong, though, the bike looks and sounds pretty awesome so far. I wish I was in the position to consider one.
JBMorse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #340
bobw
Harden the phuck up

Oddometer: 878

I'm sure any bike in it's final version will have to meet all certification standards for noise/emissions, but I do hope they keep the Guzzi on steroids tunes alive. I'm all for "quiet" on my rides, but it doesn't need to sound like a sewing machine to provide all day comfort. Tough times for established Brands, I wish them luck as I would love to see a U.S. offering I would really want to buy.

Cheers

bobw screwed with this post 04-26-2011 at 12:25 PM
bobw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #341
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Ducati isn't any more expensive than H-D. I'd say they're both on par if anything, depending on the bike chosen. The most expensive Ducatis are in the low 20s, similar to HD...and both have multiple models well below that. HD might even have more $20K+ models.

The exception would be the R model SBKs or the D16RR, neither of which are made anymore...and are borderline "production models" anyway, especially the D16RR.

Agreed that Ducati clothes are uber expensive though. I still haven't figure out why, other than being a brand thing. Most are goofy euro-style anyway, so no big loss.

Back on topic...that Motus does sound sweet!!
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:20 PM   #342
606XXZIP
NAVVET

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJGeo View Post
Ducati isn't any more expensive than H-D. I'd say they're both on par if anything, depending on the bike chosen. The most expensive Ducatis are in the low 20s, similar to HD...and both have multiple models well below that. HD might even have more $20K+ models.

The exception would be the R model SBKs or the D16RR, neither of which are made anymore...and are borderline "production models" anyway, especially the D16RR.

Agreed that Ducati clothes are uber expensive though. I still haven't figure out why, other than being a brand thing. Most are goofy euro-style anyway, so no big loss.

Back on topic...that Motus does sound sweet!!
It sounds kind of like Ducati meets a Speed Triple which is not a bad thing.

Do you like the Euro design of the Motus or would you like to see something that is totally different ?
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #343
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Do you like the Euro design of the Motus or would you like to see something that is totally different ?
I really like the design of the Motus. One thing I like about Ducatis is their compact layout, as in the whole cockpit seems very compact. My KTM is the same way, and I find it very comfortable and confident inspiring. I haven't seen a Motus in person, but it looks to be similar.
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #344
Croak
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Quote:

And Ducati accessories and clothing are way more expensive than HD. I know because I own a Ducati and have owned 3 Harleys (both are Great bikes)

Is Motus assembling their bikes with documented American Union labor like Harley does ?

or is Motus anti Union ?

Also, what is your impression of the Euro Design of the Motus ?

Again second time -

Are they linked to Polaris or another company that already has distribution and sales networks setup ?
It's Alabama. Right to Work state, thankfully. Means it'll be assembled by people who want to work. :) Sadly,the power plant will likely be assembled in Michigan.

There's no clue about how they'll support the bike, right now all we know is that they're planning on making them, no indication on how they will be selling them, where they will be selling them, what the warranty will be, etc.

As for the Euro design, what's the alternative? The big chromed bagger market is well served by HD and Polaris already, the Germans and Honda have the luxo-barge thing down. This bike is a large displacement spiritual kin to the Ducati ST line, the VFR800's, the Sprint ST's, etc.

Croak screwed with this post 04-26-2011 at 12:46 PM
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #345
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,222
Quote:
And H-D makes more expensive factory production models than Ducati.

Quote:

or is Motus anti Union ?
Motus is not producing bikes yet. I don't know what their stance re: unions is. Given their base in Birmingham, I could wager a guess though.

Quote:
Also, what is your impression of the Euro Design of the Motus?
I don't know what their "Euro Design" is exactly, but I think the bike looks okay. Understated, with the engine featured prominently.

Quote:
Again second time -

And for the second time, Motus doesn't support its bikes because it isn't producing them. They have two prototypes. They have not announced any affiliations with Polaris or any other established companies. When the time comes to support customers' bikes I'm sure they will have a plan. Will there be a boutique on every suburban corner? Probably not.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote