Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Road warriors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #361
606XXZIP
NAVVET

Oddometer: 228
They want comfort, character, longevity, grunt, sporty steering, sweet suspension, not too much fairing, good fuel range ... the list goes on and Motus may well have most bases covered.

Sounds like a good description of the Multistrada 1200
606XXZIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:05 AM   #362
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,665
I guess it's a good thing this bike's prolly gonna be priced out of the range of most wet blankets.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:23 AM   #363
LeChatNoir
artiste

Oddometer: 139
I really like it and it seems to cover alot of what I was looking for...I am comparing it to ST 1300 and the like...
of course what is the.maintenance schedule etc...
LeChatNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #364
Hoosier919
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChatNoir View Post
I really like it and it seems to cover alot of what I was looking for...I am comparing it to ST 1300 and the like...
of course what is the.maintenance schedule etc...
Hydraulic lifters so should be just oil changes and chains.
Hoosier919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #365
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
This has been a great thread with the exception of the denigration into "everyone hates dealerships" and gypsy service model discussions. What a load of shit. "Everyone" doesn't hate dealerships. Not even close, though I do start to wonder if almost everyone on Advrider hates dealerships sometimes.

Yeah, I'm pretty tired of hearing that too. I've been hanging out at a couple of Miata forums, and recently got into it with some idiots over the same thing. I think everyone on specific 'type' forums all consider themselves experts.
They forget dealerships are just buildings full of humans just like themselves.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:27 PM   #366
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbreeze View Post
I don't think Motus will need to sell these in huge numbers in order to survive. They are apparently targeting upscale buyers, who are probably recession proof to a large extent.

I hope there are enough Harley and BMW owners out there who will find this interesting enough to want to own one.
I don't think this bike will appeal to many Harley owners. Even though I am a Harley owner and I want one. None of my Harley riding buddies are really interested in bikes like this. I am the odd one of the group who likes sport tourers and I really like this bike.

Now BMW riders may be a different story. Possibly Ducati riders as well if it can pick off a few Multistrada buyers.

The value guys are going to stick with the Concours 14 and such for the most part I predict. We'll just have to see. I wonder when they will go into production and actually start selling them.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #367
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,619
Quote:
I don't think Motus will need to sell these in huge numbers in order to survive. They are apparently targeting upscale buyers, who are probably recession proof to a large extent.

I hope there are enough Harley and BMW owners out there who will find this interesting enough to want to own one.
There isn't any mention that Motus is strictly motorcycles. They have hinted that other products would be entertained...or the motor would be used in other equipment.

I love sport touring rigs. I love quirky non-mainstream bikes. I would buy one if:
The price wasn't 'grey hair, old guy' high
the fit and finish were worthy of the price
it didn't look like it was put together in someone's garage with loose ends and zip ties everywhere
the equipment made sense, riding position was good, seat comfortable
the company had shown some long term planning that had a fiscal future.

The days of raising 100 million and blowing it in 5 years with only 2000 bikes made (AHEM, excelsior) are very much over.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #368
Against The Wind
I'm older now but still runnin'

Oddometer: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy View Post
Q: Does Motus have plans to build a streetfighter, automatic transmission, 3 wheeler, side-car, adventure bike, dual sport, smaller/larger displacement, turbo charged version, hovercraft, track car, etc?

Motus is focused squarely on building comfortable American sportbikes. We can not confirm nor deny any other future plans. Please stay tuned for a lot more from Motus in the years to come.
Sounds like they may do other bikes if this one's a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
There isn't any mention that Motus is strictly motorcycles. They have hinted that other products would be entertained...or the motor would be used in other equipment.

I love sport touring rigs. I love quirky non-mainstream bikes. I would buy one if:
I'm surprised there's no ABS available on the Motus. At least offer it as an option. All of it's competitors from the Big Four and the major European makers have sport touring bikes with available ABS.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:04 PM   #369
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by 606XXZIP View Post
They want comfort, character, longevity, grunt, sporty steering, sweet suspension, not too much fairing, good fuel range ... the list goes on and Motus may well have most bases covered.

Sounds like a good description of the Multistrada 1200
Yup, And an FJR, Concours, K1200s, K1300s, Triumph Tiger 1050, Triumph Sprint GT and half a dozen others that are all well established.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #370
mrbreeze
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaSport View Post
I don't think this bike will appeal to many Harley owners. Even though I am a Harley owner and I want one. None of my Harley riding buddies are really interested in bikes like this. I am the odd one of the group who likes sport tourers and I really like this bike.
oh I agree completely. MOST of the Harley guys I know will not even look at a bike if it doesn't say "Harley Davidson" on the tank. But there are a few odd fellows like yourself, who ride HD and think for themselves. And considering the massive numbers of HD riders, and Motus only needs to get a small percentage...

I suspect there are some deep pockets in the background somewhere. I would like to know who is financing this operation. ???

Travels with Maw Maw
mrbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #371
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,537
Quote:
I suspect there are some deep pockets in the background somewhere. I would like to know who is financing this operation. ???
Harley Davidson.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:42 PM   #372
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,524
Longish interview with Motus prez

Apologies if this is a repost but I stumbled on a recent interview with Motus president Lee Conn here at about.com motorcycles, based on a chat during Daytona Bike Week.

There is not much solid info I hadn't already seen, but it is interesting to get background on the bike straight from the horse's mouth.

A couple of pertinent points:

No naked yet: The MST and MST-R will both be faired models.

Price: "It will be premium, but not stupid. It's not for the rich and famous."

Direct petrol injection: "It basically increases power by 10-15%, and reduces emissions by about 25%, all the while making the throttle response so much more precise than EFI can give you."

Motus fuel consumption: "We're not throwing out any numbers quite yet, but we're exceeding our expectations in terms of fuel economy. It's really good, but I'm not going to throw a number out yet."

More here, over five pages.

Moronic screwed with this post 04-27-2011 at 09:47 PM Reason: Added pic
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #373
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMorse View Post
Is it me or is the bike really loud?
I mean it sounds awesome in the video but if I'm going to sport TOUR I want something that won't wear out my ears.
Don't get me wrong, though, the bike looks and sounds pretty awesome so far. I wish I was in the position to consider one.
they had a lame video that dint sound the motor at all,i sent them an email told them their video sucks queer-ass,and told them they needed the sound of the bike and on board video.i am sure many others had the same input.voila then this quickly put together but much better vid shows up
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:36 AM   #374
Jasper ST4

Oddometer: n/a
Suggestion for a hooligan model name: Motus Operandi.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:14 AM   #375
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,665
I like that they're pushing the technology envelope with GDI while embracing time honoured big bore hot rod know how.

They sure put together an appealing motorcycle.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote