Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #721
JJGeo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
I made an edit to your post to remove all the useless, incorrect, and just plain inflamatory information. Enjoy what is left.
WMRRA #98
JJGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 PM   #722
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 951
Dahum, I just am catching up on this thread, and I would have skipped the nap before working overnight to go visit this in Worcester (currently on the road workin' in Cambridge).

As for the sound idling...I prefer it over "potato-potato"
Old 10-12-2011, 12:34 PM   #723
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,102
I have to wonder if Motus isn't hoping to take some sales away from the guys who are fully willing to buy an American motorcycle and pay dearly for it, but really have no other choice than a touring Harley if they want something to put serious miles on that's American made. I mean, do you guys really see this thing costing more than a Road Glide? Those are damn expensive bikes and HD sells the shit outta them.

There are people out there who want to buy American motorcycles and will relegate themsevles to buying a touring cruiser even if an ST bike is what they really want, simply because cruisers are all we make....which needs to change.

Say Motus is working internally on a price for the low-spec model and it's $27k. They decide they don't like it so they lower the spec on the forks/suspension/brakes and manage to get the price to $23K -- would you buy it?

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #724
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGBrian View Post
Dahum, I just am catching up on this thread, and I would have skipped the nap before working overnight to go visit this in Worcester (currently on the road workin' in Cambridge).

As for the sound idling...I prefer it over "potato-potato"
They are in NY tonight.. Jump on the bike and get riding!

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #725
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
I made an edit to your post to remove all the useless, incorrect, and just plain inflammatory information. Enjoy what is left.
Boxer-Lust you do realize that this isn't the final product, but a prototype - like it says on the side?
The bike is being paraded for feedback, from more than just one blue and white propeller head. I think one should wait to see the final product before passing judgement.

FWIW - I've had 4 BMWs and am happy to look at and have bought something else - my experiences weren't all rosy.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #726
RAGBrian
jonesing for a ride

Oddometer: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by univibe88 View Post
They are in NY tonight.. Jump on the bike and get riding!
I wish...the bike is at home in the garage. I have to drive a "rental cage". I will be driving it back to NY when I fly out to go back home in a couple of weeks.

As for the price of these bikes, I gotta think that the first ones will be priced at a point where they will sell all of them, because the ones that can afford it will buy it, and those of us that can't or won't.... will be pissing off valuable time trying to figure out what they think it will retail for.

I gotta think a guy like Jay Leno already has his order in for at least one. Probably a bunch of others have pre-ordered as well.

Just my $25k.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:18 PM   #727
univibe88
Slidell4Life

I agree. They are quoting 200 units. That's not much. There are easily 200 "Jay Lenos" out there who will buy one at nearly any price point while they try to figure out the scale of their market and where to really price it.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
Old 10-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #728
Glenngineer
Scooty Puff Sr.

Oddometer: 757
Quote:
I agree. They are quoting 200 units. That's not much. There are easily 200 "Jay Lenos" out there who will buy one at nearly any price point while they try to figure out the scale of their market and where to really price it.

Brian said there was no production target - volume or price - last night.
Glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:31 PM   #729
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Really? I heard him say they are targeting 20 dealers and they have the finances in order to produce 200 units.

Old 10-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #730
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
Quote:
Really? I heard him say they are targeting 20 dealers and they have the finances in order to produce 200 units.
anybody that does not know that motus will sell at, $25,000+, all they can build,in what will obviously be limited numbers is
ignorant/stupid/blind/retarded,sorry if i hurt yer feelings .. whatever you want to call it.there are plenty of riders waiting with this coin.now... to sell thousands at this price will be a bit harder
edit:i quoted but wasnt calling names to any particular or this quote
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 01:55 PM   #731
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtop20A View Post
,sorry if i hurt yer feelings

No doubt it will be a premium priced product. No way around it at those production levels.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #732
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
My guess is that the bike will be in the price range of the Multistrada 1200, maybe a bit more. I'd be ok with that.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:29 PM   #733
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynaSport View Post
My guess is that the bike will be in the price range of the Multistrada 1200, maybe a bit more. I'd be ok with that.
Unfortunately I think your price estimate will be low. I think it'll definitely be in the $ 20k+ range, considering the low production level. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans willing to step up and pay for an American designed and built bike like this. By plenty I mean somewhere between 200 to 1000 per year.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:54 PM   #734
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
Unfortunately I think your price estimate will be low. I think it'll definitely be in the $ 20k+ range, considering the low production level. I'm sure there are plenty of Americans willing to step up and pay for an American designed and built bike like this. By plenty I mean somewhere between 200 to 1000 per year.
When I said the Multistrada 1200 I should have been more specific. The Multistrada Touring S model is $19,995 if I am not mistaken.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #735
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Say Motus is working internally on a price for the low-spec model and it's $27k. They decide they don't like it so they lower the spec on the forks/suspension/brakes and manage to get the price to $23K -- would you buy it?
They are already discussing selling a MST and MST-R with the 'R' being the high spec model.