Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2011, 07:39 AM   #781
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAGBrian View Post
I am wondering if I should go ahead and bite the bullet on getting one of these brand new? Should have a great time riding it, be the envy of anyone who see me on it, and still be able to find a willing buyer for it when I want to sell it! At least the used $ amount I would be paying is on a new bike vs. a used bike.

Just gotta convince the CFO (wife) that this is a good idea.

Tell her I promise to buy it in a few years, with low mileage, and for a couple pennies on the dollar. What could be a better investment?

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #782
omnivore
SuperSportTourer

Oddometer: 1,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minimike View Post
I got to sit on one of the prototypes yesterday. I was impressed, Cherie couldn't understand my excitement though. I want one really bad. My inseam is only 29"; but, the seat design was perfect for me. No problem flat footing it.

Woot...from another 29" inseamer.
1996 YZF 600-Lost Era racebike
1999 R6-Rookie Challenge racebike
omnivore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:17 AM   #783
Brad Felmey
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,994
Thanks for the YouTube post. That engine sounds fantastic.
Brad Felmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:55 PM   #784
Hammerspur
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post
Thanks for the YouTube post. That engine sounds fantastic.
Have you seen (and heard) this clip:

Hammerspur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:05 AM   #785
GI_JO_NATHAN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,235
I'm kinda thinking if it turns out to be a great bike. Due to supply and demand (limited production) the also limited number of used ones wouldn't come down a whole lot on price.
Originally Posted by POLLOCK28 (XDTALK.com)
From what I understand from frequenting various forums you are handling this critisim completely wrong. You are supposed to get bent out of shape and start turning towards personal attacks. Get with the program!
GI_JO_NATHAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #786
Boxer-lust
Banned

Oddometer: 528
Is it only me but that thing looks painfully slow especially for a big 1600cc accelerating out corners watching the video.The sound is also nothing to write home about.Wonder if those Motus guys ever listened to the drone of a V4 RC30 accelerating and giving you goosebumps...
But the 200 or so yearly customers who actually will buy a Motus through the Neiman Marcus catalog probably,most likely will have a RC30 in their garage already...
The rest of us mere mortals can always buy a Honda ST1300 for less than half of the cost and don't even have to buy chainlube and can dream about picking up a used Motus one day when the rich guys get bored with it...
Boxer-lust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:57 AM   #787
wannaklr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,367
Is there an announced price somewhere?

Website says late 2011. It's about as late as it gets.

From Scottie Boy "If you calculated the money spent versus time actually used, vaginas cost more per hour than the space shuttle."
wannaklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:33 AM   #788
Flanny
Flanny-it-up!

Oddometer: 2,744
About as good a troll as I've seen lately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer-lust View Post
Is it only me but that thing looks painfully slow especially for a big 1600cc accelerating out corners watching the video.The sound is also nothing to write home about.Wonder if those Motus guys ever listened to the drone of a V4 RC30 accelerating and giving you goosebumps...
But the 200 or so yearly customers who actually will buy a Motus through the Neiman Marcus catalog probably,most likely will have a RC30 in their garage already...
The rest of us mere mortals can always buy a Honda ST1300 for less than half of the cost and don't even have to buy chainlube and can dream about picking up a used Motus one day when the rich guys get bored with it...
Flanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #789
Pete™
Published.

Oddometer: 9,339
Quote:
Do you have it out?

Is it hard?

Are you beating that bad monkey senseless just thinking about how inferior every thing is compared to your bmw?
Pete™ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:44 PM   #790
Dave.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 731
I like it. I'll have to look at it seriously when I can actually get my hands on one. This might be a nice replacement for my Multistrada.
Dave.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #791
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,176
Quote:
Yes, it is only you.

Now do everyone a favor and

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #792
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 2,136

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #793
kirb
should be out riding

Oddometer: 1,673
Quote:
I don't know a ton of BMW koolaid drinkers. Tell me, do they all stand on top of ladders, hold on to a light bulb, and wait for the world to revolve around you?
Old 12-20-2011, 07:39 PM   #794
kraher
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb View Post
I don't know a ton of BMW koolaid drinkers. Tell me, do they all stand on top of ladders, hold on to a light bulb, and wait for the world to revolve around you?
LOL, don't kid yourself. This guy, despite his name, does not even like BMWs. Maybe it's just me, but, if I disliked every motorcycle on the planet I'd quit. Buy a sports car, buy an RV, go on a vacation, do something, ANYTHING, if bikes arn't doing it for you.
kraher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #795
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaklr View Post
Is there an announced price somewhere?

Website says late 2011. It's about as late as it gets.

That, sir, is a very good point. And not one that inspires confidence.
Moronic is online now   Reply With Quote