User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #991
justrider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 174
Eh? Motus teaser

Just another let down. Bike magazine covers , Snippets etc... Wham here comes the price. How could anyone at Motus think that 30+ grand is a competitive price with what a new SS Camero. I thought the price would be around low 20`s still in Harley territory for a clunky Mc bagger. I even herad that Motus is dropping the direct injection from its models. I guess that nobody listens in maketing anymore so here it is If it costs more than 22,000 for something new and exciting. It should be labeled as Boutique only.

I bought a 2007 K1200R BMW at the price of 18,000 It was one hell of a motorcycle. The intake roar at 8000rpm still sends a chill up the spine. But there was a huge dealer network and parts a plenty. Best of Luck to Motus and the wealthy that can afford one
justrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #992
RydRy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by justrider View Post
Just another let down. Bike magazine covers , Snippets etc... Wham here comes the price. How could anyone at Motus think that 30+ grand is a competitive price with what a new SS Camero. I thought the price would be around low 20`s still in Harley territory for a clunky Mc bagger. I even herad that Motus is dropping the direct injection from its models. I guess that nobody listens in maketing anymore so here it is If it costs more than 22,000 for something new and exciting. It should be labeled as Boutique only.

I bought a 2007 K1200R BMW at the price of 18,000 It was one hell of a motorcycle. The intake roar at 8000rpm still sends a chill up the spine. But there was a huge dealer network and parts a plenty. Best of Luck to Motus and the wealthy that can afford one
agreed- I think we have a couple guys who are pals with the motus guys here on thread- which is totally fine- just gotta wonder why soooo much hype and no mention of price this long only to build something that makes more people upset and buy foreign bikes?????
RydRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:11 AM   #993
DynaSport
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 482
I'm pretty sure I mention this before, but I know people don't read every post. Lee Conn told me in Daytona that they are not putting the direct injection on the bikes right now mainly because many potential dealers were not willing to spend the money on training techs to work on it. He talked like it is possible it will be added in the future. The lack of shaft drive is a wheelbase engineering issue.

And for the record, I don't know the Motus guys at all. I have spoken to them twice in Daytona when they were promoting their bikes. I sent an email to them through their web site once and received a reply from Lee Conn. Their accessibility and enthusiasm for their product reminds me of Buell, of which I am a big fan.
DynaSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #994
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 11,137
I don't get this thread. For months, all you guys said "it's going to be too expensive. There's no way they can make it cheap enough for normal folks to buy."

Now that we know it's indeed expensive, everyone is freaking out beacuse it's expensive. WTF

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #995
Cakeeater
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 910
Hello, my name is Cakeeater and I'm a pushrod v-8-aholic.

I've got one in my truck (140,000 zero issue miles). I've got two in my cars (zero issues..one is a 6.2 liter corvette/camaro engine). I've even got a chevy 350 c.i. in my ski boat. They run forever. Have gobs of low-end punch. Need no maintenance, ever. Are pretty light for the power they make. Oh, and they need ZERO maintenance.

That motus is taking a high-po version of that motor and sticking in into a bike, I'm gonna raise my hands in a Hallaluia!...even if I don't do that in normal life.

That a motus is gonna cost 31 grand doesn't surprise me. Blingy Harley's are close to that, or more. BMW's 6-cylinder is close to that -- and some rare sportbikes are more than that.

The fact is, the motus is using an amazingly tractable, predictable and durable engine at its base. No driveshaft issue. No valve adjustments. No nothing. If they do it right -- if -- this motor and driveline should go 100,000 with nothing more than a few chains, a clutch or three and...that's it. Long term running costs should be/could be MUCH less than BMW's inline 6.

Fantastic that an American company is building a bike like this.

Pull back and look at the big picture: Buell is building a hi-po racer. Polaris bought Indian, and is expanding their Victory lineup. Harley is making money. And Motus is gonna make a really nice (and expensive) bike.

Twenty five years ago did anyone expect this? It looked then that the only bikes that would be available in the future would be from Japan.

Cakeeater
Cakeeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:19 PM   #996
TallRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,395
too bad,,,,Guess ill be keeping my Tiger 1050..Also,with the new Tiger 1050 SPORT coming.......who the hell would even consider that?
TallRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #997
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 33,372
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
which begs the question, what is the demographic for this bike? Is that mentioned anywhere in their press release?

I see rich white guys dropping $40K on a Harley CVO and gain instant badass status as the top tier owner in his local HOG chapter. Everyone will be ooing and aaahing over the custom paint job and all the chrome bits... Owner fee
What?

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:12 PM   #998
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 5,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
What?
Obviously never picked up a copy of Urban Bagger magazine or heard of the Black Knightz.

[IMG][/IMG]
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #999
OldPete
Be aware

Oddometer: 4,673
Dang! Typically is such. Anyone's money is good to buy anything.

buffalo soldiers m/c is another that promotes the History of US Calvary in the SW USA.

Give it a rest amature mods.
OldPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #1000
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10/10ths View Post
.....yeah......um.......wow.

I sat on the bike in houston and absolutely love the riding position, style, engine....all of it.

But da-aaaaamn!!!!!

30 g's?

Wow.

When you can buy a k1600gt for 25k, that is a tough sell.

I'm out.

That bike is definitely for the porsche and ferrari tax bracket. I can't afford a k1600gt, much less a super low volume, boutique machine with very little dealer support, little spare part supply, and an iffy financial future for survival.

I hope they thrive, i truly want them to succeed, but i'm just a working man and i just can't afford one.

Good luck all, i'm out of this thread.

I'm gonna go rob a bank.

Cheers.

+1
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
78 BMW R100rs (sold 3/13/11)
04 KTM200exc 09 Kawasaki Versys(daughters)
cccbarkbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:56 PM   #1001
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
Hey if HD can sell a slower, heavier, uglier, less capable, less exciting, less practical machine for $25K, Motus should be able to sell quite a few of these things for $30k.

We'll see who puts their money where their mouth was. Should be interesting to see how this develops.
Wouldn` t buy one of those either!
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
Old 03-17-2012, 09:12 PM   #1002
cccbarkbuster
Gnarly Adventurer

Eh?

Bummed about the price point. Cool motor, killer power, but the Japs can probably match this soon and for less money. Motus set a new bulls-eye in a few areas like weight torque and power but luggage capacity is only average and heated grips aren`t even standard, Yamahas fjr is getting long in tooth and they may even match this by 2013 with something new. Good luck Motus but I`m not in your target zone.
08 Buell Uly XB12xt
Old 03-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #1003
zDollar Bill
Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat

Oddometer: 969
I thought I might be in the market for one of these.
I can buy 5 used ST1300's for that price.
All I do is clock miles on mine, why would I do that to a 31k bike?
When you put miles on the value goes down.
Like the bike, but this is now a lottery ticket dream that I'm not going to wake up too!
zDollar Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #1004
xtop20A
Banned

Oddometer: 1,599
i think that their 900 v-twin adv bike will be a better deal anyway
it is a natural deal to build a smaller lighter v-twin version is it not ?
xtop20A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:03 AM   #1005
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,949
ITT: Poor people complain about being poor.

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote