Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #1306
Bueller
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post

Thankfully he's only ruined a few good threads and occasionally snags a new reader.
He offers nothing productive or new....certainly deserving of a year's vacation.
I can't figure out what's taking so long

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #1307
Infallible
Into the Wild Blue Yonder

Oddometer: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer-lust View Post
Not silly at all.Motorcycling is dangerous.A bike without ABS is even more dangerous and also less fun to ride because if you have ABS you have your mind free not to worry to lock the front and crashing if something suddenly happens,especially if you like to ride FAST...
I mean it !
I would buy a bike without TC (not the S-RR as insanely powerful it is) but Never without ABS.
But then there are always guys who know which chicks carry deseases and beat condoms with the old fashioned coitus interruptus... Not me,I never trusted myself...
Obviously a new rider......
Infallible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:51 PM   #1308
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer-lust View Post
Get with the times,a bike without ABS is dangerous .
Guns don't kill people, people kill people.

RedRocket screwed with this post 04-12-2012 at 07:28 AM
RedRocket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #1309
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,300
Quote:

Thankfully he's only ruined a few good threads and occasionally snags a new reader.
He offers nothing productive or new....certainly deserving of a year's vacation.
I'm trying not to be heavy handed, since stupid posts are not violations of the rules, but thread shitting certainly is.. and B-L is there now.. repeating the same crap over and over.. chains suck... don't leave your garage without ABS... etc... continued thread shitting has its consequences.

If he keeps it up, I will use a rarely used arrow in my quiver..
Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 PM   #1310
gixxersteph
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB View Post
I'm trying not to be heavy handed, since stupid posts are not violations of the rules, but thread shitting certainly is.. and B-L is there now.. repeating the same crap over and over.. chains suck... don't leave your garage without ABS... etc... continued thread shitting has its consequences.

If he keeps it up, I will use a rarely used arrow in my quiver..
Terrific.

Then Back to the Motus. I really do love the idea of the bike, the more I consider the viability of the project the more a recently named brand comes to my mind. How is it that Conferderate are able to stay in business ?

Eye candy perhaps, but one racer I know rode one for a bit and really loved the bike. Perhaps the truth is in the pudding and $ will be available to those who can enjoy the bikes. I for one, wish them well.

I am also playing lotto to increase my chance of owning a Motus.
gixxersteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:52 PM   #1311
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,047
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
How is it that Conferderate are able to stay in business ?
exactly... innovative styling and solid engineering backed up by stout performance, not cookie cutter chopper building.

I'd love to have a ride on the Motus, I'm sure it's loaded with character and a fun way to cover some big miles.
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #1312
Hog Rider
The Professor

Oddometer: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxersteph View Post
Terrific.

Then Back to the Motus. I really do love the idea of the bike, the more I consider the viability of the project the more a recently named brand comes to my mind. How is it that Confederate are able to stay in business ?

I am also playing lotto to increase my chance of owning a Motus.
Years ago I rode a first year Confederate Hell Cat, It shit and git... Stopped and turned excellent... Blew my mind.

I was always wanting one, but as time went on, the price just worked its way out of my range of affordability.

For me to get a "Pratt and Miller" bike is a much greater lure than the hot V Twin bikes they are building in Birmingham today.

So when Lee Conn left Confederate to do Motus I have followed this with much anticipation. Right now my only disappointment is that it just creeped out of my range to purchase it. But I was willing to pony up 20 large in a heartbeat this summer for it, I will just sit back and save for another year and try and get a second run bike.

And hell, for me being a mechanic for 30 years, I know that second year products are usually better anyway.

Hog Rider

IBA # 31325
AMA# 739943
Cobb
Etc..

http://carlstwowheeledadventures.blogspot.com

2006 Buell Ulysses, Current Rally Mount
1984 HD Electra Glide Classic
1977 BMW R 100/7 Cafe'
1982 Honda CBX Super Sport, Work in progress
Hog Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #1313
JSharp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:

Being relegated to BMW only forums would probably be perfect...
Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 AM   #1314
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSharp View Post
Being relegated to BMW only forums would probably be perfect...
Umm, for whom?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #1315
JSharp
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
Umm, for whom?
Uh, everyone who doesn't read those forums?
Old 04-13-2012, 03:31 AM   #1316
AZbiker
Crunkin' with crackers

Oddometer: 6,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSharp View Post
Uh, everyone who doesn't read those forums?
NIMBY like a mofo!

derek

http://azbiker.smugmug.com

Got SmugMug? If not, save some cash and use my code: McYdbycdcvM5Q
AZbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #1317
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,505
I'll post this, then get off this thread, but it will be interesting to watch and see what happens to Motus.

I have managed to ride well over half a million miles in the past 35 years, on 41 different bikes, none of which had ABS, traction control, or fuel injection, I even removed the clutch and sidestand "safety" switches on the bikes that had them. The only injuries I ever had, and they were minor, were while riding dirt bikes off road.

I would think that a true "adventure rider" would not need to depend on such safety devices. As todays bikes become more refined, with more electronic safety and emissions crap on them, they become less fun for me to ride. Might as well drive a car.

Despite this being the 21st century, people still ride horses. Why? It's dangerous too. Horses have no throttle or brakes. There is no longer any NEED for people to ride horses. They do it for FUN. Which is why I ride motorcycles.

And just what is the real difference between the '66 Triumph Bonneville and, say, the Yamaha V-Star 650? Other than the difference between a v-twin and a parallel twin, not much, other than the Triumph had a centerstand to go with it's tube type tires, and the V-Star has a shaft instead of a chain. They are both simple basic machines, air cooled, carbureted, tube type tires, no ABS, no traction control. A number of other bikes come close to meeting the V-Stars basic design. What about the Honda XR650L, and Suzuki DR650S? Singles instead of twins, chain drive, air cooling, and again no FI, TC, or ABS. Also have tube type tires. The difference is mostly one of reliability. Those bikes are reliable (without all the technowhizbang gadgetry) where the Triumph was not. That is mostly due to better quality. No electronics at all. And you can still buy one brand new. So what really is the big deal about a simple air cooled street bike with no electronic gadgets on it? Like the Honda Rebel or Yamaha V-Star 250. The TU250 would be great with a carb.

JerryH screwed with this post 04-13-2012 at 04:45 PM
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #1318
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
I'll post this, then get off this thread, but it will be interesting to watch and see what happens to Motus.

I have managed to ride well over half a million miles in the past 35 years, on 41 different bikes, none of which had ABS, traction control, or fuel injection, I even removed the clutch and sidestand "safety" switches on the bikes that had them. The only injuries I ever had, and they were minor, were while riding dirt bikes off road.

I would think that a true "adventure rider" would not need to depend on such safety devices. As todays bikes become more refined, with more electronic safety and emissions crap on them, they become less fun for me to ride. Might as well drive a car.

Despite this being the 21st century, people still ride horses. Why? It's dangerous too. Horses have no throttle or brakes. There is no longer any NEED for people to ride horses. They do it for FUN. Which is why I ride motorcycles.

And just what is the real difference between the '66 Triumph Bonneville and, say, the Yamaha V-Star 650? Other than the difference between a v-twin and a parallel twin, not much, other than the Triumph had a centerstand to go with it's tube type tires, and the V-Star has a shaft instead of a chain. They are both simple basic machines, air cooled, carbureted, tube type tires, no ABS, no traction control. A number of other bikes come close to meeting the V-Stars basic design. What about the Honda XR650L, and Suzuki DR650S? Singles instead of twins, chain drive, air cooling, and again no FI, TC, or ABS. Also have tube type tires. The difference is mostly one of reliability. Those bikes are reliable (without all the technowhizbang gadgetry) where the Triumph was not. That is mostly due to better quality. No electronics at all. And you can still buy one brand new. So what really is the big deal about a simple air cooled street bike with no electronic gadgets on it? Like the Honda Rebel or Yamaha V-Star 250. The TU250 would be great with a carb.
I'm fortunate that I don't have to own only one bike, but I've always believed that if I was forced down to one bike, it would be my DR650 that I would keep. Doesn't do any one thing very well but does a whole bunch of things "just good enough". My wife would also pick her DR200 over her Street Triple any day, she always says she has way more fun on her DR.

Still want a Motus though.

PS Never did get the horse thing, they scare the crap outta me.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #1319
kpt4321
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,671
Can you luddites please start your own thread, where you can talk about the superiority of whale oil lamps and salted meats?

The rest of us would rather ride a 100+ horsepower bike on USD cartridge forks than some agricultural implement on leaf springs.
kpt4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #1320
bross
Where we riding to?

Oddometer: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpt4321 View Post
Can you luddites please start your own thread, where you can talk about the superiority of whale oil lamps and salted meats?

The rest of us would rather ride a 100+ horsepower bike on USD cartridge forks than some agricultural implement on leaf springs.
Hey I've got that in the Street Triple, and I did my time on the agricultural implement that BMW call an R1200RT, 34,000kms worth. I think Jerry was simply countering the whole tech thing and how not everyone needs or wants all the latest gizmos. Nothing wrong with progress but last time I checked throttle cables still worked. FI is a given and most manufacturers have it pretty well dialed in, while some still struggle with it.

The Motus seems like a "riders" bike to me, it's not about the latest greatest tech, well it was with the DI but that's gone now. I used to love hopping on my Scrambler after the RT. The RT had heated everything, electric windshield, you name it. The Scrambler had a speedo, a clutch and a throttle, that was about it. The Scrambler was way more fun to ride, just a basic motorcycle. That's what I think of the Motus, just a basic bike, it just has a bit more oomph than my Scrambler had.
bross is offline   Reply With Quote