Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #1516
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.E. Coyote View Post
No kidding

I 100% expected to still pull out a win. If we lost, I would have guessed Tebow's legs would have did us in.
I about flamed you for your initial post but then read through all the new stuff and see things in a different light. I'd be lyin' outta my ass if I said now that I thought the Broncos would win. The best I was hoping for was they not be embarrassed and that includes TT.

That being said there's a whole lotta sports talk talking heads that'll have the eat crow tomorrow and I, for one, plan on listening to them chomp down on every fucking feather.

Note to Ben; plan on winning the game before you plan your return trip attire. That stupid hat you wore in your post game presser sucked ass.

And now for some reality. I don't pretend the Broncos will waltz into Mass-of two-shits and take one from the Pats. Truth is after seeing how the NFC leaders treated their step children I wouldn't want to be an AFC interloper and that includes the Brady Bunch.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:30 PM   #1517
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

irony

Just read that Mickey D will be joining the Pats as assistant OC to their soon-to-be-departing OC O'Brien. He'll be on the sidelines or up in the booth next week.

Oy, do ya think this'll be an overyly hyped rematch??
Old 01-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #1518
Dukeryder

Oddometer: 7,532
I bet all those Broncos fans that were frantically selling off their tickets early last week are regretting that decision now

Dukeryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #1519
RLK

Oddometer: 6,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Tubby (where the hell did you get that name??)
He is not a small person.

RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #1520
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post

He's a big guy, but not at all what I would describe as "Tubby."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts View Post
I'm sorry your dog died before you got to beat it with a dead chicken.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #1521
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
Can't throw either, can he?

To all his naysayers out there keep in mind that he set a NFL pass per attempt record today that will stand for, oh, forever?!! 31.6 yards per pass attempt completed. Book it.

BTW, there's a great article about the Steelers-Broncos playoff history in today's Pittsburgh Post Gazette. I've followed the Broncos since '76 but even I forgot a few tidbits noted in this article. Regardless of your affiliation it's evenly written and very informative.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #1522
RLK

Oddometer: 6,380
I thought he was too big for his britches at first but I was wrong.

Get 'em Tubby!!
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:54 PM   #1523
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,519
Please let the Broncos beat Tom Brady.
2000 SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:37 AM   #1524
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,888
I've lived in Colorado all my life, but I gotta say this might be the very best time to live in Colorado.

The Elway years were great, but they were expected to be great. All Pro defenders, great Terell Davis running game and Hall of Famer Elway calling the shots and slinging the rock.

But this? No one saw this coming. A quarterback who "can't throw" tossing wounded ducks to a bunch of no name 3rd string receivers (anyone have Eric Decker in their fantasy league at the start of the year?). We were supposed to go about 4-12 this year. Now we're in the divisional round against the Pats.

I give the Broncos about the same chance of beating the Patriots as they had at beating the Jets, Bears or Steelers.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 AM   #1525
Dranrab Luap
E-Tarded

Oddometer: 30,865
I still don't understand how Tebow was so much more accurate in college. An open reciever and a quarterback with time should net the same results at any level of competition.

The headlines this morning are saying that Tebow beat the Steelers on the first play of overtime. That receiver burned the defense on his route, stiff armed his way to an open field, outran one defender and bought the TD with one more stiff arm for good measure. That play was all no name receiver and a QB who miraculously manage to throw the ball in a way that allowed the receiver to maintain his stride.

On Denver's last possession in regulation Tebow was unhurried and missed a wide open reciever 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. Missed him horribly. I like Tim Tebow as a person, I love his energy and passion for the game, I respect his personal convictions and admire his athleticism. You must be able to pass to thrive in the NFL as a QB though. Tebow is not a passer and it really doesn't have much to do with his funky and slow throwing motion. He routinely misses wide open receivers when he has plenty of time. His days as a starting NFL QB are most assuredly numbered.

Pats 41 Broncos 6
Dranrab Luap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1526
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranrab Luap View Post
I still don't understand how Tebow was so much more accurate in college. An open reciever and a quarterback with time should net the same results at any level of competition.

The headlines this morning are saying that Tebow beat the Steelers on the first play of overtime. That receiver burned the defense on his route, stiff armed his way to an open field, outran one defender and bought the TD with one more stiff arm for good measure. That play was all no name receiver and a QB who miraculously manage to throw the ball in a way that allowed the receiver to maintain his stride.

On Denver's last possession in regulation Tebow was unhurried and missed a wide open reciever 15 yards from the line of scrimmage. Missed him horribly. I like Tim Tebow as a person, I love his energy and passion for the game, I respect his personal convictions and admire his athleticism. You must be able to pass to thrive in the NFL as a QB though. Tebow is not a passer and it really doesn't have much to do with his funky and slow throwing motion. He routinely misses wide open receivers when he has plenty of time. His days as a starting NFL QB are most assuredly numbered.

Pats 41 Broncos 6
I think 'open' is different in college than it is in the pros. For example, I don't think I've ever seen Calvin Johnson 'open' but Stafford sure manages to get passes to him.

Run after catch is one of those things that doesn't get reported well, but qbs get credit for. Like when a defensive tackle stops a run and the line backer jumps in there and gets a credit for a tackle. He didn't make the tackle, he was just in the vicinity when the running back fell down.

Congrats Broncos. I didn't see the game so I can't venture a guess about how it happened. Maybe it was the Pouncey effect. Or maybe Jesus loves the Broncos more than the Steelers.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #1527
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:

Pats 41 Broncos 6
Stop it! You're killing me!
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #1528
el tortuga
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 584
Watching Tebow play is painful. It's like watching a pick-up game at a park (chaos).
I figure his unconventional style is stumping a lot of teams but eventually they will figure out what works and that will end his short lived career.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
el tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1529
Blakebird
r-u-n-n-o-f-t

Oddometer: 15,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Watching Tebow play is painful. It's like watching a pick-up game at a park (chaos).
I figure his unconventional style is stumping a lot of teams but eventually they will figure out what works and that will end his short lived career.
you misspelled 'borderline'
IBA #11735 . 1968-present
Blakebird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:21 AM   #1530
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:

Pats 41 Broncos 6

Check my area, I love Tom Brady. For all his accomplishments, he still has bad passes. Missing wide or even in the dirt; as that Tebow pass you reference. There is a lot going on in a very short moment in time. If it was that easy, we'd all be doing it.

Now get off my lawn.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: