Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #1546
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,552
Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
On a side note. WTF is up with that forward backward pass rule? If I understand it right, if that had been a lateral, it would have been Denver ball, but since he threw it backward as a traditional throw and it was blown dead, the recovery doesn't count? That is totally discombobulated. That needs to be changed before next season. Am I understanding the interpretation of the rule correctly?
--- Rule should be simple, if it goes forward is a "pass" regardless of arm motion. (Shuttle pass anyone?) If it goes equal or behind is a "lateral" regardless of arm motion. Period.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #1547
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,232
Quote:
On a side note. WTF is up with that forward backward pass rule? If I understand it right, if that had been a lateral, it would have been Denver ball, but since he threw it backward as a traditional throw and it was blown dead, the recovery doesn't count? That is totally discombobulated. That needs to be changed before next season. Am I understanding the interpretation of the rule correctly?
Good conversation here...I have been a Bronco fan all my life and it's great to get excited again I could go all day with this stuff but I agree with a few of you that are speaking up (docwells and of course TheDude) so I'll let you two hammer it out with the rest

To address your question above it was a backward pass that was dropped and should have been a live ball. The referee blew the whistle thinking it was a forward pass which ended the play. Since the play was blown dead there was really no sense in challenging the ruling on the field. Bottom line the ref blew it but in his defense it was hard for him to tell.

Great game...the Broncos kicked the shit out of the Steelers at that's all there is to it. Both teams had notable injuries and lets not forget the Steelers were much more experienced than the Broncos If the Steelers would have won I would have cheered them the rest of the way...ABSOLUTELY LOVE Mike Tomlin...all class
Old 01-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #1548
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post

Great game...the Broncos kicked the shit out of the Steelers
Settle down. The Broncos squeeked out a win in overtime. It's still a win though.

To see shit kicking watch Saints vs. Lions or Giants vs Falcons.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #1549
D-Train
Ridin' Dirty

Oddometer: 1,232
Really? What game were you watching? Twice in the 2nd quarter we were in the Red Zone which both could have been TD's...a fumble with around 4 minutes left and a dropped interception in the end zone by Champ...Steelers got their asses kicked no bones about it. The score does not need to be inflated to determine a good ol' as whoopin'!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #1550
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,101
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
Really? What game were you watching? Twice in the 2nd quarter we were in the Red Zone which both could have been TD's...a fumble with around 4 minutes left and a dropped interception in the end zone by Champ...Steelers got their asses kicked no bones about it. The score does not need to be inflated to determine a good ol' as whoopin'!
The only point of the game is to score points. Would a could a should a doesn't mean anything.

But you believe what you want. Tebow does.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #1551
Hodag
native

Oddometer: 22,782
if, ands, and buts
were super bowl rings
even the vikings would have 0ne
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:51 PM   #1552
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,043
In all of this 'discussion' about Tebow, I must say that I was impressed, yet again, with how gritty and bad to the bone tough Big Ben is. Seriously, he was playing on one leg and nearly pulled it off. Personally, I don't like the guy, but damn he is one tough hombre. He needs to get a gay personal assistant to help him out with his wardrobe...He looked like he misunderstood what gangsta' means and went with a more traditional Bugsy Malone look...

As for the backward pass. I don't understand why it can't be challenged just like a fumble or lateral that is mistakenly whistled dead. It was a meathead whistle by the ref as they're supposed to let close plays like that play out and work it out in review. I was listening to Bill Simmons's podcast and he and Lombardi didn't understand the rule either. As Jurgen said...if the ball is considered live, it should be reviewable whistle or not. That call was a 10 point swing minimum...

I also didn't understand the no call on the Tebow facemask. It wasn't exactly subtle...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #1553
bobobob
badbadbad

Oddometer: 4,829
Quote:
In all of this 'discussion' about Tebow, I must say that I was impressed, yet again, with how gritty and bad to the bone tough Big Ben is. Seriously, he was playing on one leg and nearly pulled it off.
+1

Reminds me off this scrapper from the old days.

bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #1554
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
if, ands, and buts
were super bowl rings
even the vikings would have 0ne
Maybe even four of them.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #1555
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,552
I too like Tomlin, but a few thing soured me on the Steelers. They used to. E one of my "alternates." (new orleans and houston are now)

1. Went to a Broncos/Steeler game. By far, by far, the the most asshaatted visiting fans I have encountered. And yes, I've been to quite a few Raiders games at Mile High.

2. The rapist at worst/ thug style dater at best they have as QB. I used to like him. Not at all now.

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:33 PM   #1556
OConnor
Bad juju

Oddometer: 3,401
At least Raiders fans are "interesting".
2000 Suzuki SV650 track bike
1971 CB175 vintage racer inabox
OConnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #1557
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by OConnor View Post
At least Raiders fans are "interesting".
And Shiney too.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #1558
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,148
Does the BCS give you a better idea what a gool ol' ass whoopin' looks like?

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:07 AM   #1559
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,851
[QUOTE=Dranrab Luap;17707683]I wan't criticizing Tebow. I speculated that he wouldn't be in the league long. What's the average lifespan of QB that connects on less than 50% of his passes? QUOTE]

Doug Williams completed 41% of his passes one season and won a Super Bowl. I don't remember anyone asking him to step down. Tebow's a competitor. They'll have to rip the starting job from his clutched fists.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #1560
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
On Mike & Mike this morning

Greenie was quoting some Elias Sports Bureau stats on Eli Manning for the 13th game in his young NFL career. I don't recall the specifics but I do recall that his stats were very bad. I guess the comparison was made against TT's last game and to illustrate just how badly a player can be perceived at one point in his career and yet not only recover but excel.

The point of their story was that Eli sucked and he sucked for quite some time before he got better. Now he's telling people that he's an elite QB. Should he improve to a point where the Broncos become legitimate SB contenders can you ever see TT making a proclamation like that? No, didn't think so. It's not in his makeup. He just goes out and plays.

Some here have been pretty harsh on TT and that's fine. Yes, he has his ups and downs and he has faults in his technique but let's wait a few years to see how it goes. Offering bleak predictions about his next game and/or only sets you up to look like an idiot (not that it bothers most of you) and pretty much shows your bias.

Do I think they'll win this week? No, but I didn't think they'd win last week either. All I knew is that they'd gone from 4-12 to 8-8 and won their division as a result of having the best head-to-head record. Some say they backed in. Okay, so they did. But where was SD with His Majesty Phillip Rivers? You know, the team that starts slow then wins late to take it all (and then flops in the playoffs). Where were the high draft pick laden Raiders? I'll tell ya, too busy committing penalties and posing for the crowd. I won't bother with the Chiefs because, well, no one cares except of maybe Len Dawson.

So there it is, haters, after this season's over the division title will be up for grabs.....come take it from the Broncos.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: