Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 09:43 PM   #826
koncha

Oddometer: 10,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider
You act like Orton's number isn't up yet? Why Quinn (especially) or Tebow (future) if Orton is OK?
Orton is a fantastic QB until it really matters. Then he breaks your heart. Quinn is going to be a career backup QB. I haven't seen anything that says he is any better than a caretaker until a real starting QB gets healthy or signed.

I am one of those who thinks Tebow is going to be a great QB. Barring injury, of course. I just listen to these analysts and I heard the same things when Brees was getting drafted. Brees has a will to win that is unbelievable. I think Tebow is the same way.

I think Orton will be the starting QB but won't make it through the season. If Tebow isn't developing like the Broncos want, Quinn will take the starting slot.

koncha screwed with this post 05-02-2010 at 10:42 PM
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #827
PaleRider
gelande/strasse

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha
Orton is a fantastic QB until it really matters. Then he breaks your heart. Quinn is going to be a career backup QB. I haven't seen anything that says he is any better than a caretaker until a real starting QB gets healthy or signed.

I am one of those who thinks Tebow is going to be a great QB. Barring injury, of course. I just listen to these analysts and I heard the same things when Brees was getting drafted. Brees has a will to win that is unbelievable. I think Tebow is the same way.

I think Orton will be the starting QB but won't make it through the season. If Tebow isn't developing like the Broncos want, Quinn will take the starting slot.
... Elway certainly had that intangible.

... I'm not so sure your Quinn assessment doesn't also apply to Orton (best role: back-up). We kinda' ended up with Orton last year, just because (not really a proactive trade) ... now we have two "B" QBs that can duke it out for #1 until Tebow is ready.

Simms doesn't seem to have the fire (he laid a turd when given an opportunity) and Brandstater is young and word is, on the out.

Five shall enter, three will survive
Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #828
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 979
Simms is already gone. IIRC he was cut prior to receiving a roster bonus in March. I don't think anyone has picked him up either, unless he landed back in Tampa Bay. They always seem to start mini camp with 6-7 QB's in camp.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:54 PM   #829
koncha

Quote:

... I'm not so sure your Quinn assessment doesn't also apply to Orton (best role: back-up). We kinda' ended up with Orton last year, just because (not really a proactive trade) ... now we have two "B" QBs that can duke it out for #1 until Tebow is ready.
Quinn is a consistent backup. Orton is a starter, most of the time. When it really starts to matter, he plays like a backup.

I am not sure which is worse. You can game plan around a consistently mediocre QB. Its tough to plan around a streaky QB.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #830
PaleRider
gelande/strasse

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha
Quinn is a consistent backup. Orton is a starter, most of the time. When it really starts to matter, he plays like a backup.

I am not sure which is worse. You can game plan around a consistently mediocre QB. Its tough to plan around a streaky QB.
Jake Plummer
Old 05-03-2010, 01:21 PM   #831
koncha

Quote:
Jake Plummer
yeah, but Plummer was streaky from game to game, and even quarter to quarter. Orton will be consistent for several games at a time.

Its almost like you need to throw him out there and see what he looks like. When he starts to suck after game 9 or 10 (in the middle of the playoff hunt), you pull him. Orton to get you there and Tebow to put you over the top.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #832
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 40,304
]I have no honest idea about Tebow. Even before he became a Bronco I wanted him to succeed--- doubted it, due to the massive anti-press--- Now, I really want him to, just to shut Eastern Sports up. I figured Florida would be in their usual booster range... but it seems to have slipped. I know, I know, it isn't just Eastern SPorts but many pundits. I have read more draft analysis this year than in any year. It really has me wondering how many of these guys actually watch film--- vs how many rely on others (including competitors) to tell them what to think. I'm betting the percent of pundits that can really break down film is small. Really small.

Plus I'm hoping there is more hope for Quinn. It seems like good QBs can really be screwed by the poor team they get drafted into.

(No, I don't claim that ability---I'm just a semi-knowledgable fan)

Jurgen

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #833
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
All I know about Tebow is that he is something new and might be a catalyst for the offense.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #834
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken
All I know about Tebow is that he is something new and might be a catalyst for the offense.
All I know is I want Clady to heal fast-- really fast.

Jurgen

Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #835
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
]I have no honest idea about Tebow. Even before he became a Bronco I wanted him to succeed--- doubted it, due to the massive anti-press--- Now, I really want him to, just to shut Eastern Sports up. I figured Florida would be in their usual booster range... but it seems to have slipped. I know, I know, it isn't just Eastern SPorts but many pundits. I have read more draft analysis this year than in any year. It really has me wondering how many of these guys actually watch film--- vs how many rely on others (including competitors) to tell them what to think. I'm betting the percent of pundits that can really break down film is small. Really small.

Plus I'm hoping there is more hope for Quinn. It seems like good QBs can really be screwed by the poor team they get drafted into.

Jurgen
It wasn't just sports pundits from the East that were bashing Tebow without watching film...we even have our own weather man here in the East that followed suit...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:05 AM   #836
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

The hate for Tebow across the NFL has a spokesmodel:

Ray Lewis "shocked" by the help Tim Tebow has received

Posted by Mike Florio on May 7, 2010 9:41 AM ET
We've previously pointed out that Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow could spark contempt and resentment in an NFL locker room. Recent comments from Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis hone in on one of the specific potential sources for the hard feelings players may have for Tebow.

That Tebow is somehow better or more worthy than the rest of them.

Asked by ESPN Radio's Colin Cowherd whether Lewis was shocked by the media attention on the Tebow story prior to the draft, Lewis said (via NFL.com), "The thing I was more shocked by is you see
all the people who were willing to help him. I don't know many people who were willing to help other athletes like that. Jon Gruden loved him to death. You see all these people who took out their personal time to really work with him and make this big issue, big issue, big issue. I don't know why he was any different than anyone else. Every young child has that dream, that same dream that Tebow had. So I don't know why he was bigger . . . than any of the other guys.

"He went to a big program, and, yes, he might be a favorable person, but nobody else in the league, definitely not veteran players, see themselves differently than any other player."

Though Lewis stopped short of saying that this will make Tebow a target of opposing defenders (the Broncos play at Baltimore on October 10), Tebow's bigger concern should be ironing out any hard feelings that may arise in his own locker room, where others may not be thrilled by the budding love affair between Tebow and the fan base and/or Tebow and the head coach, who proclaimed this week that Tebow
has the "it" factor.

Again, it all comes down to how Tebow handles himself. And though others might see Tebow "differently than any other player," we don't believe Tebow carries himself in a way that suggests that he sees himself differently. And we think that if Tebow handles himself the way he always has, he'll win his teammates over and, in time, his foes.

Seriously Ray, piss off!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:55 PM   #837
Rider
Moderator Emeritus

Oddometer: 2,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen

Jurgen
+1,000
Totally with you on this.
Tebow strikes me as the Real Deal.
He's not afraid to work hard. He's not afraid to totally change his motion, rather than dig in his heels, act arrogantly and say, "Hey, this is me. Kiss my ass."
He really wants to succeed. And he seems like a class act to me.
I hope he fuckin' kicks ass.
And takes names.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #838
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
+1,000
Totally with you on this.
Tebow strikes me as the Real Deal.
He's not afraid to work hard. He's not afraid to totally change his motion, rather than dig in his heels, act arrogantly and say, "Hey, this is me. Kiss my ass."
He really wants to succeed. And he seems like a class act to me.
I hope he fuckin' kicks ass.
And takes names.
For that you have earned La one more THEEEE.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM   #839
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Dumervill is out for 4 months.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #840
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,548
So, y'alls RB situation looks a bit dire...

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: