Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #1126
koncha

Oddometer: 10,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
I would hate to see this happen to the Broncos.
12. Oakland Raiders

But at this rate the Raiders will be down to 14 fans 12 of whom where fake "scary" heads on shoulder pads in five years.

Raiders have several problems related to attendance. They are in an older stadium. Say what you will but the price to attend an NFL game means the stadium needs to be a 'destination' that contributes to an all-day event larger than the game. O.co Stadium () doesn't do that.

The Raiders also have a very large blue collar fan base. When you look at foreclosure rates around that area, you can see that the fans in that area are getting hit harder than other areas in the current recession. Fans don't have the money.

Raiders still do well on merchandizing.

I think the Raiders are a real threat to move back to LA.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 04:22 PM   #1127
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
The defense managed to step up on the last 3 plays of the last series. Too close for comfort throughout the second half.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:06 PM   #1128
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 38,900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
The defense managed to step up on the last 3 plays of the last series. Too close for comfort throughout the second half.
11 minutes left, I sounded like my Jewish Grandmother. Oy vey, dat is too long to go.

(not that I have a Jewish Grandmother... but that's what she would have said.)

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #1129
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 939
Went to the Bengals game. Sat WAY up high in the North end zone. I knew we were up high when I was able to touch the bottoms of the jets on their fly over. Even the pidgeons were flying below us. It is steep up there in the cheap seats, too!

Real early in the game, some young lady took off down the aisle from behind us. She didn't make it far before she barfed, right next to my wife. Thank good ness she was facing away from us. Had the wind been blowing towards us and the splash hit us rather than the Bengals fans across the aisle, it would not have been nearly as funny. I almost felt sorry for the girl. The Bengals fans that got splashed left and never came back. I never saw the young lady return either.

The stadium attendant came rushing up with his haz mat suit on and sprinkled what appeared to be parmesan cheese on the mess. He let it dry a few minutes then tried to sweep it up into a bio hazard bag. He did not do a good job at all. We had that next to us the entire game. Nasty!

The Broncos fans are still upset with Orton. I didn't hear the "Tee-Bow" chant, but the #15 jerseys were everywhere. I think I saw 4 Orton jerseys the entire day. I made a deal with my son on the way up to the stadium that I would pay him a buck for every Orton jersey he saw. I gave him a fiver at the end of the game because I didn't have enough singles to cover the bet.

Judging by the play calling at the end of the game, Fox has no confidence in Orton. Why they would run the ball on 3rd and 14 with a little under 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter just escapes me. The natives in the cheap seats were restless to say the least. Our section started to clear out when they had to punt back to the Bengals.

The Broncos run defense is average at best. Dawkins should not be making that many tackles in the run game. And would somebody please cover #18? I don't think Dalton completed more than 1 or 2 passes that were not intended for AJ Green. They put Cassius Vaughn on #18 all day with very little safety help over the top. Since Dawkins was cheating up to help the run defense, they left Vaughn on an island most of the afternoon and that AJ Green can flat out play. Put that kid on a team with a veteral QB and he'll be all-pro. He's that good. Vaughn needed help covering him and he wasn't getting much.

I'm glad the Broncos won and we had fun, but they have a long way to go to be in the upper eschelon of the AFC.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:17 AM   #1130
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Broncos v Titans? Can the Broncos win? I think so, doubt it... but think they can.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:26 AM   #1131
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
Broncos v Titans? Can the Broncos win? I think so, doubt it... but think they can.
They can, but they have to play a full 60 minute game; not having the lapses on defense that they are prone to. I'm hoping Willis can run today.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #1132
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

I stand by 4 wins. The 4th and goal failure and the final interception were too much for a strained defense to overcome. If they had gone for a FG on the 4th and goal, the game might have gone to OT, though the outcome may have only been delayed.

The defense did a solid job today, though the 95 yard TD drive looked too easy for the Titans. Johnson was nicely shut down. They were just out on the field too long today.

The resounding chorus of demands for Tebow will be deafening this week, though unjustified.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:01 PM   #1133
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
I stand by 4 wins. The 4th and goal failure and the final interception were too much for a strained defense to overcome. If they had gone for a FG on the 4th and goal, the game might have gone to OT, though the outcome may have only been delayed.

The defense did a solid job today, though the 95 yard TD drive looked too easy for the Titans. Johnson was nicely shut down. They were just out on the field too long today.

The resounding chorus of demands for Tebow will be deafening this week, though unjustified.

I had six wins on my high end, four on my low. With an occasiona fantasy of more. I'm thinking five is about right. I like that the Defense was able to play more effectively, though they gave up the big ones at a key time. Orton isn't the QB of the future-- but he is the QB of now, not Quinn or Tebow.

We need to work on DB's in the draft.

PS: I'd like to thank the Tennessee Oilers for playing in a self destructive style that allowed me to have some hope. I'd also like to thank the Refs for not calling the blatant late hit on the Bronco player.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #1134
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
I had six wins on my high end, four on my low. With an occasiona fantasy of more. I'm thinking five is about right. I like that the Defense was able to play more effectively, though they gave up the big ones at a key time. Orton isn't the QB of the future-- but he is the QB of now, not Quinn or Tebow.

We need to work on DB's in the draft.

PS: I'd like to thank the Tennessee Oilers for playing in a self destructive style that allowed me to have some hope. I'd also like to thank the Refs for not calling the blatant late hit on the Bronco player.
The QB that can lead the Broncos to playoff victories is not currently on the team. Yet, trades and draft choices have been wasted to get the current ones on the roster. It's going to take a few years to undo the damage and get this sorted out.

Lots of folks are looking for the second coming of Elway, and it ain't going to happen. He was a once in a franchise's history event.

If I was Fox, I'd put in Tebow and start running the triple option around mid-season.

At least that would keep butts in seats for part of the second half of a season where you are already eliminated from the playoffs at the mid-point.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #1135
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Tomorrow is the Bronco's postseason game. I hope they don't embarrass themselves too much.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:43 AM   #1136
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Tomorrow is the Bronco's postseason game. I hope they don't embarrass themselves too much.
Broncos vs the Pack... I'd like to think...

No, no miracles today.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:59 AM   #1137
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
Broncos vs the Pack... I'd like to think...

No, no miracles today.
12.5 points to the Broncos.

Orton is 2 and 1 against the Packers. Trouble is, that was with the Bears.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #1138
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
12.5 points to the Broncos.

Orton is 2 and 1 against the Packers. Trouble is, that was with the Bears.

Can we borrow Urlacher for a day?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #1139
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

: bluduh:b luduh:bl uduh:blu duh

Old 10-02-2011, 02:04 PM   #1140
Norhasken