User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-09-2011, 05:45 PM   #1156
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
Fox finally caved and brought out the Tebonator.

The situation went officially from tenuous to utter anarchy.

Fox just made a Bronco Head Coach career ending decision for himself. Fool
Old 10-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #1157
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 964
Can you blame him? Orton officially quit on his team this afternoon. His body language was saying "I don't gave a crap" during his last two three and outs before half. If the dude doesn't want to be out there, pull him and let somebody else give it a shot.

Regardless of your feelings about the future upside of Tebow, you have to admit, he lit a fire under the team that simply was nonexistent under Orton. I'm willing to give Tebow the benefit of the doubt until he shows he just can't get it done. Right now he's at least willing to try which is more than I can for Orton.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:07 PM   #1158
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
Can you blame him? Orton officially quit on his team this afternoon. His body language was saying "I don't gave a crap" during his last two three and outs before half. If the dude doesn't want to be out there, pull him and let somebody else give it a shot.

Regardless of your feelings about the future upside of Tebow, you have to admit, he lit a fire under the team that simply was nonexistent under Orton. I'm willing to give Tebow the benefit of the doubt until he shows he just can't get it done. Right now he's at least willing to try which is more than I can for Orton.
It's a disaster. Playing Tebow is the pursuit of ponies and rainbows.

You and I both know he is not and never will be a playoff winning quarterback in the NFL. This is nothing more than a rehash of Doug Flutie in Denver.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #1159
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 964
So, you would have left Orton in the game?

I'm not arguing the point that Tebow is the QB of the future or the QB of the next 2 weeks. He's got a lot to prove before I'm ready to give him that label. I just saw Orton flat give up and I think Fox had no choice, but to play Tebow. What the heck, it almost worked.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #1160
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,777
Quote:
Just thinking out loud here, but with Chad Henne out for the season in Miami, does any of this sound possible?
1) The Dolphins have already looked into trading for Orton this summer, do they now come after him harder?

2) Do the Dolphins change their mind and go after Carson Palmer who "retired" rather than play for the Bengals?

3) Do the Dolphins go on the cheap and trade for Quinn instead of Orton?

4) Or, heaven forbid, do the Dolphins, come after Tebow and make him the home town hero?
1. Yes they do. He is a good fit until they find their franchise guy. First they need to be sure they like their coach.......

2. Nope, Bengals won't let it happen. And at his age it is not worth being stupid over.

3. No, Tony needs to win now. Too iffy.

4. They won't pay for Tebow. And you guys are going to love the kid. I don't care if he is pigeon toed, knock knee'd or even camel toed without a lick of NFL technique; the kid has the heart of a champion and he will make things happen. Prepare for launch and enjoy it. They kept telling us the same things about Flutie and all he ever did was win every chance he got. Too short my butt. He wants it bad....I'd take 1 Tebow for 10 Bledsoe's who didn't seem to care one way or the other and had all the natural talent in the world.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #1161
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
It's a disaster. Playing Tebow is the pursuit of ponies and rainbows.

You and I both know he is not and never will be a playoff winning quarterback in the NFL. This is nothing more than a rehash of Doug Flutie in Denver.
That is deluded....Tebow is stronger, faster, more physical with the same heart Flutie has. Tested off the charts. You may not have thought much of Josh as a head coach, but he knows QB's and has a track record.

Denver's issues are larger than a single position. Orton must not have wanted to say that in a presser and did it on the field.

Perhap's some of your problem is, dare it be said, the great one making personnel decisions.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #1162
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
That is deluded....Tebow is stronger, faster, more physical with the same heart Flutie has. Tested off the charts. You may not have thought much of Josh as a head coach, but he knows QB's and has a track record.

Denver's issues are larger than a single position. Orton must not have wanted to say that in a presser and did it on the field.

Perhap's some of your problem is, dare it be said, the great one making personnel decisions.
Nonsense, anyone who has bought into the Tebow hype is foolish. This is a Broncos team that needs real help on the field, not just the delusion of Tebow as a real option, which he is not.

Your quarterback comment about Josh is really deluded, he left the Broncos without a quarterback that can win in the platoffs, quarterbacks that are essentially unproven or castoffs. McDaniels left the Broncos in a state that it will take a few years to recover from, which will require replacing all the quarterbacks currently on the team.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:13 AM   #1163
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
So, you would have left Orton in the game?

I'm not arguing the point that Tebow is the QB of the future or the QB of the next 2 weeks. He's got a lot to prove before I'm ready to give him that label. I just saw Orton flat give up and I think Fox had no choice, but to play Tebow. What the heck, it almost worked.

A loss is a loss, no matter how good it feels.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:50 AM   #1164
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norhasken View Post
Nonsense, anyone who has bought into the Tebow hype is foolish. This is a Broncos team that needs real help on the field, not just the delusion of Tebow as a real option, which he is not.

Your quarterback comment about Josh is really deluded, he left the Broncos without a quarterback that can win in the platoffs, quarterbacks that are essentially unproven or castoffs. McDaniels left the Broncos in a state that it will take a few years to recover from, which will require replacing all the quarterbacks currently on the team.
Do you even know what the Bronco's look like? Josh was never given the proper time to develop a QB in Denver. He probably was not ready for the head coach position just yet. Was Cutler the answer...no one thought so at the time with all the whining about his inconsistent play. Cutler made that deal happen by being a baby. That left a mad scramble, for a terrible team. Brady Quinn would develop nicely under the tutelage of McDaniel's. Not going to happen now.

Tebow is a winner. That is not hype, that is validated throughout his young life. Unless you think winning is hype; a philosophy which, apparently, Denver has aspired to as of late
Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 AM   #1165
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Quote:
Do you even know what the Bronco's look like? Josh was never given the proper time to develop a QB in Denver. He probably was not ready for the head coach position just yet. Was Cutler the answer...no one thought so at the time with all the whining about his inconsistent play. Cutler made that deal happen by being a baby. That left a mad scramble, for a terrible team. Brady Quinn would develop nicely under the tutelage of McDaniel's. Not going to happen now.

Tebow is a winner. That is not hype, that is validated throughout his young life. Unless you think winning is hype; a philosophy which, apparently, Denver has aspired to as of late

There is not enough quarterback talent on the team to bother with development on. None of the current ones are going to win playoff games or championships.

I see that you have completely bought into the Tebow hype and that is clouding your objectivity. That explains the content of your posts now. Your best hope for Tebow is that he gets traded to a team that will make the development investment in him that he sorely needs.

Be careful with how you invest your zealous fanboy emotions. You may be disappointed.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:32 AM   #1166
OuttaMyWay
I shook his hand!!!!1!!

Oddometer: 8,269
Quote:
...Tebow is a winner. That is not hype, that is validated throughout his young life. Unless you think winning is hype; a philosophy which, apparently, Denver has aspired to as of late
While it is likely that a particular successful NFL quarterback was a winner in Pop Warner, high school, and college,
it is unlikely that a randomly selected successful Pop Warner, high school, and college quarterback will succeed in the NFL.

As athletes progress up the ladder of success, they're all successful until they're not. .99 of winners at one level do not succeed at the next.

Do you not have a sliver of any vague idea of what the fuck your talking about, or is this some sort of performance art about the limitations of man?
--KaceCoyote
OuttaMyWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #1167
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuttaMyWay View Post
While it is likely that a particular successful NFL quarterback was a winner in Pop Warner, high school, and college,
it is unlikely that a randomly selected successful Pop Warner, high school, and college quarterback will succeed in the NFL.

As athletes progress up the ladder of success, they're all successful until they're not. .99 of winners at one level do not succeed at the next.
Horse manure.........if the coach has a brain and uses Tebow's assets without trying to ram a square peg into a round hole they will see success. Is Fox that guy? I doubt it anymore than I think the great one is going to be good at rebuilding this team. Expect more dismal results for the near future. Tebow will win, a lot, somewhere. The other lad talks about post season a lot, took the great one a long time to get much accomplished there too. Winning a playoff game is like kissing your sister. Sure she's a girl, but the not the right one. Only one game counts. Tebow has won all the big games he was in, he will continue that trend. Mr. Pat needs to stop reacting and start thinking....
f
If there is justice, Tebow ends up with McDaniel's somewhere and they start crushing all comers.

Hah, update: Jamie Dukes just about concurred with me word for word. He did not put in the part about Fox & Elway competence...but the Tebow part and how to use him spot on.

shrineclown screwed with this post 10-10-2011 at 11:35 AM
shrineclown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:27 PM   #1168
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Brady Quinn went to go see his injured gymnast girlfriend today.

Good use of the bye week.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:57 AM   #1169
RLK

Oddometer: 6,335
http://www.google.com/search?q=sacra...Q&ved=0CFAQsAQ

RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #1170
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,874
Quote:
That is deluded....Tebow is stronger, faster, more physical with the same heart Flutie has. Tested off the charts. You may not have thought much of Josh as a head coach, but he knows QB's and has a track record. (1)

Denver's issues are larger than a single position
.(2) Orton must not have wanted to say that in a presser and did it on the field.

Quote:

1. Let's look at his track record of one--Tom Brady. Brady is one of the greats of the current NFL. But is that due to Tom Brady, Josh McD or Belichick? He was there then-- but responsible?

What's Cassel doing these days? That remarkable coaching didn't seem to stick. KC keeps hoping they'll get LUCKy.

2. Personnel Decisions--- Elway, for good or bad has been there one year. But, let's look at your Hero's decisions:

Draft: none of his 2009 second round draft pics are still with the Broncos.
"Factor in the enormous quantity and the poor quality, and it may go down as the worst second-round selections in the history of the NFL draft. " M. Klis Denver Post.
Tebow too much given for what we've seen. If he'd been mid second round, maybe. But first. No. Moreno, same could have gotten as productive of RB later. Do teams in this day and age really want to waste a high first for a RB?

Then there are the trades: Cutler-- to quote Elway, "the kind of player you don't give up on." Looked pretty decent with NO OFFENSIVE LINE last night against Detroit. Yes, he has issues. But then maybe a great QB's coach could have been the one to coach him up?

Tony Sheffler-- a solid Tight End

Peyton Hillis-- yep he's just sucked at Cleveland. I'd take him over Knowshon any day. A Hillis/McGahee would be a pretty damn good backfield duo.

Brandon Marshall-- a bit of a head case- diagnosed Bi-Polar But a top receiver, especially good after the catch. Something the Broncos could use where they have QB's that max at about 15 yard throws.

Yes sir, the Broncos problems are more than at QB. It certainly doesn't help that the Boy Wonder traded away some of their best talent and brought in second tier players. Damaging would be the word.

Sorry, I'm not convinced he is the QB wunderkind you seem to believe he is. Let's see a data set of more than one.

Tebow? I like the enthusiasm and up amplitude he brings to the game. I know he didn't have much time under center until this week, but he every play--other than designed QB runs-- can't look like a broken play. I hope for the best. But, I don't think it will take long for NFL defences to figure out how to play him. (See Vick- with a much more accurate arm)

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: