Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 AM   #121
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco
Spanky's 5 star, lead pipe lock of the week thread NOW!

I need to cover last week's losses! Stupid Ravens!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky

Stay tuned for next week's prediction.
Oh, shit! I've been busy taunting Patsy fans on another forum and completely forgot my promise.

Okay, lemmee get my thinking cap on.......GOT IT!

Broncos 16-13, lots of field goals.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:04 AM   #122
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 987
Quote:
Broncos 16-13, lots of field goals.
Boy, I hope you're right. If the Ravens couldn't stop Brady, I don't see the Orange Crush II doing it either. The Broncs can hold Brady in check but I still see them putting up 24 points even at Mile High.

Question is, can Orton and the offense put up 27? I don't think so. I hope so, but I don't think so. Problem is, Bellichek taught Mini-Me everything he knows. The teams are mirror images of one another. I gotta believe that Bellichek knows the system just a wee bit better and will be able to anticipate Mini-Me's every move.

I hope I'm wrong, but I see it Patsies 24 - Broncos 19. And, yes, lots of field goals from Matt Prater.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:06 AM   #123
PaleRider
gelande/strasse

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
Orange Crush II ... Question is, can Orton and the offense put up 27? I don't think so. I hope so, but I don't think so.
... this game will be the real test. Dallas and Cleveland provided a live ammunition exercise for the Bronco defense, but Brady & Co. will be the real test. Thus far, the Broncos have been able to win because their defense has kept the hurdle low for the offense. This Sunday's game will see how real McDaniels team really is

Go Broncos
Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #124
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Boy, I hope you're right. If the Ravens couldn't stop Brady, I don't see the Orange Crush II doing it either. The Broncs can hold Brady in check but I still see them putting up 24 points even at Mile High.
1st repsonse: Brady don't tackle. Brady don't catch. Brady don't block. And Brady don't kick or punt.

2nd response: Dumervil. Dumervil. Dumervil. Elvis is in da house, Baby! Oh, and they aren't playing in NE, they're in Mile High Stadium (I refuse to call it invesco).

Quote:
Question is, can Orton and the offense put up 27? I don't think so. I hope so, but I don't think so. Problem is, Bellichek taught Mini-Me everything he knows. The teams are mirror images of one another. I gotta believe that Bellichek knows the system just a wee bit better and will be able to anticipate Mini-Me's every move.
Mickey D's an independent thinker who I feel has a few tricks up his sleeve for Belichick. I'm not so sure these teams are "mirror images" of each other because the Denver D is jelling more each week while NE's D has lost some leaders. It seems that regardless of how well Denver plays they still have a never ending line of naysayers, that tends to make them play with a chip on their shoulder. Like last week, this will be a nationally televised game with Denver being the betting underdog. What a wonderful way to stick it to said naysayers, right?

Orton won't set anything on fire but he is consistent, usually in the second half. He HAS to stop overthrowing his receivers however, if they are to be successful. BMarsh had a great game late and will be targeted by the NE DB's which means the tight ends have to play big. Look for Graham to have a good blocking game against his old team and for Scheffler to reap the pass catching rewards, ditto for Gafney. Royal has to step up because Stokely's still hurting.

Quote:
I hope I'm wrong, but I see it Patsies 24 - Broncos 19. And, yes, lots of field goals from Matt Prater.
The place will be at its loudest since the old Mile High Stadium days and Brady will have a hard time shouting signals. Belichick knows this so look for them to come out with a big play first drive to shut up everyone.

Marquee matchup: Moss against Bailey.

X factors: NE now has Fred Taylor runnin' the rock for them and he's almost always had a great game against Denver.....but that was Shanahan's defense, not the new Nolan unit you're seeing. Oh, and don't forget that this is Denver and NE's throwback uniform week which means they'll be in those butt ugly brown and mustard uniforms, they may even wear those horrid vertically striped socks. I'm not sure what affect, if any, that will have but if I'm a Bronco player and I have to wear that rediculous outfit I'd be pissed.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM   #125
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,330
Go Broncos!!!!

4-0!
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #126
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,765
I think Orton's head will be spinning by the end of the game. He's in a new offense and he'll be going against one of the most sophisticated, complicated defenses in the NFL. I suspect he'll drown.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #127
Greco
Momma's boys

Quote:
1st repsonse: Brady don't tackle. Brady don't catch. Brady don't block. And Brady don't kick or punt.

2nd response: Dumervil. Dumervil. Dumervil. Elvis is in da house, Baby! Oh, and they aren't playing in NE, they're in Mile High Stadium (I refuse to call it invesco).

Mickey D's an independent thinker who I feel has a few tricks up his sleeve for Belichick. I'm not so sure these teams are "mirror images" of each other because the Denver D is jelling more each week while NE's D has lost some leaders. It seems that regardless of how well Denver plays they still have a never ending line of naysayers, that tends to make them play with a chip on their shoulder. Like last week, this will be a nationally televised game with Denver being the betting underdog. What a wonderful way to stick it to said naysayers, right?

Orton won't set anything on fire but he is consistent, usually in the second half. He HAS to stop overthrowing his receivers however, if they are to be successful. BMarsh had a great game late and will be targeted by the NE DB's which means the tight ends have to play big. Look for Graham to have a good blocking game against his old team and for Scheffler to reap the pass catching rewards, ditto for Gafney. Royal has to step up because Stokely's still hurting.

The place will be at its loudest since the old Mile High Stadium days and Brady will have a hard time shouting signals. Belichick knows this so look for them to come out with a big play first drive to shut up everyone.

Marquee matchup: Moss against Bailey.

X factors: NE now has Fred Taylor runnin' the rock for them and he's almost always had a great game against Denver.....but that was Shanahan's defense, not the new Nolan unit you're seeing. Oh, and don't forget that this is Denver and NE's throwback uniform week which means they'll be in those butt ugly brown and mustard uniforms, they may even wear those horrid vertically striped socks. I'm not sure what affect, if any, that will have but if I'm a Bronco player and I have to wear that rediculous outfit I'd be pissed.
Brady does put up numbers. Not all by himself, but they are a better team with him than without him (see Matt Cassell in KC for proof). If they get pressure on him, they'll be in business.

Agreed, it will always be Mile High Stadium. Screw Invesco!

Moss will crumble against Bailey. Moss doesn't like someone in his grille from whistle to whistle. Bailey will bring it because he'll have safety help over the top from Dawkins. By halftime, if Moss doesn't get his catches, he'll pout for the rest of the game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Moss/Bailey skirmish or two, especially later in the game.

The Marquee match up will be Welker against DJ Williams from the slot. If the Broncos cover the slot, they'll be in business.

X Factors - Correll Buckhalter - if he can stay healthy, and to date in his career he hasn't, he'll have another field day in the passing game. Orton won't be able to get the ball deep and will be checking down a lot.
If Stokely can't go, expect to see Sheffler in the slot. Leave Graham in as the "blocking TE" and use Sheffler as a Welker-wannabe. He's bigger and faster than the outside LB that the Patsies will try to cover him with. With Marshall, Gaffney, and Royal occupying the DB's, the underneath should be open all day.

Still, I think the old master will have a thing or two for the boy-wonder. I'll be cheering my head off til the final whistle, but knowing that the Broncos will be dressed like the Browns makes me nervous.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #128
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax
I think Orton's head will be spinning by the end of the game. He's in a new offense and he'll be going against one of the most sophisticated, complicated defenses in the NFL. I suspect he'll drown.

You mean the one that dumped/lost three key players; Harrison, the LB who also caught TD passes (forgot his name), and Seymour?

My initial thought was to call it Pats 20-13 but every week the Broncos get no respect the harder they play the next. I suspect they'll do all that they can to make sure Mickey D doesn't get shown up by the former master.

By the way, for all those in love with Belichick I'd like to give you a reminder of how Bill Walsh was viewed at one time. Like pro teams, coaching dynasties die off when their competitors figure out a way to beat their schemes. And then there's that parity thing the NFL put into place.....
Old 10-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #129
Greco
Momma's boys

Quote:
the LB who also caught TD passes (forgot his name)
Mike Vrabel

Or maybe you mean Teddy Brewski?
Old 10-07-2009, 04:21 PM   #130
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Mike Vrabel

Or maybe you mean Teddy Brewski?
Vrabel's the guy I was thinking about but I'd forgotten about Bruschi. So that makes FOUR leaders gone.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #131
wxwax
Excited Member

I see a Broncos bandwagon is rolling.

Where were you all during training camp?

All I heard then was moaning and groaning about how horrible the Broncos would be.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 10-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #132
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Vrabel's the guy I was thinking about but I'd forgotten about Bruschi. So that makes FOUR leaders gone.
I take it you didn't watch them play the Falcons?

After playing conservatively the first two games, they opened up the defensive playbook. The defense was very good against a talented and determined Falcons offense.

Underestimate New England at your peril, wagon leader.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 10-07-2009, 05:04 PM   #133
Greco
Momma's boys

Quote:

All I heard then was moaning and groaning about how horrible the Broncos would be.
I was moaning and groaning about how bad the team looked in preseason and how Orton couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I predicted they would get 4 wins this year. They have accomplished that already. The rest is gravy!

Don't be a hater! Join us on the bandwagon! I hear Spanky's bringing the cookies.

Just watch the emergency rooms all over Colorado fill up with broken ankles as the non-believers jump off when they finally lose a game!
Old 10-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #134
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
Just watch the emergency rooms all over Colorado fill up with broken ankles as the non-believers jump off when they finally lose a game!

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 10-07-2009, 10:20 PM   #135
RocketJohn
Hook em' Horns!

Oddometer: 11,330
Quote:

Loads of Bronco diehards still don't believe the Broncos can have an 8-8 season right now... that's 4 more wins over the next 12...
RocketJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: