Go Back   ADVrider > Fluff > Sports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 01:54 PM   #1336
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,712
Well, now. 10-15, 2 TDs. Nice efficient game, and he led them to another victory. He might have some wonky mechanics, but who cares?

Give him a chance. And this is coming from a Chargers fan...
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #1337
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Rider View Post
Well, now. 10-15, 2 TDs. Nice efficient game, and he led them to another victory. He might have some wonky mechanics, but who cares?

Give him a chance. And this is coming from a Chargers fan...
Yea, it kinda makes you wonder what things would be like if the league had a normal off season with mini camps. The way I see it the longer TT keeps winning the tougher it'll be on Bronco MGMT to replace him.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #1338
koncha

Oddometer: 10,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Yea, it kinda makes you wonder what things would be like if the league had a normal off season with mini camps. The way I see it the longer TT keeps winning the tougher it'll be on Bronco MGMT to replace him.
I think he is benefitting from a lack of tape and opposing defenses that don't have experience with his style as a QB. I see that changing soon.

Or I am wrong and Tebow and Cam Newton are going to usher in the most substantial change in the QB position since the downfield pass.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:27 PM   #1339
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncha View Post
I think he is benefitting from a lack of tape and opposing defenses that don't have experience with his style as a QB. I see that changing soon.

Or I am wrong and Tebow and Cam Newton are going to usher in the most substantial change in the QB position since the downfield pass.
The tape's there and yes, you're wrong. I mean, seriously, all we've heard is "These are PRO defenses he's going against and they'll figure him out...."

Bullshit. Tape don't show you how to defeat heart. Will they win out? Maybe. Will they win the division? Maybe. If they win the division will they win their first playoff game? Maybe.

If Oakland's so good why aren't they running away with it all? Hell, everyone knows they're stocked with talent and high draft picks. What's up with Phillip in SD? Maybe it's not having Sproles and some guy named LaDanian, ya think? Maybe Phil ain't so good after all. From my perspective Norv's a lot like Wade Phillips - a great coordinator that sucks at being a head coach. Regardless, Oakland and SD will go down as being underachievers.

The bottom line is that their naysayers will trumpet any Denver shortcoming and they'll scream aloud at their next loss but that doesn't mean that'll be the end of it.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #1340
koncha

Quote:
The tape's there and yes, you're wrong. I mean, seriously, all we've heard is "These are PRO defenses he's going against and they'll figure him out...."

Bullshit. Tape don't show you how to defeat heart. Will they win out? Maybe. Will they win the division? Maybe. If they win the division will they win their first playoff game? Maybe.

If Oakland's so good why aren't they running away with it all? Hell, everyone knows they're stocked with talent and high draft picks. What's up with Phillip in SD? Maybe it's not having Sproles and some guy named LaDanian, ya think? Maybe Phil ain't so good after all. From my perspective Norv's a lot like Wade Phillips - a great coordinator that sucks at being a head coach. Regardless, Oakland and SD will go down as being underachievers.

The bottom line is that their naysayers will trumpet any Denver shortcoming and they'll scream aloud at their next loss but that doesn't mean that'll be the end of it.
Who has said 'Oakland's so good'? They're mediocre but happen to play in a crappy division. I love it when people say they are stacked with talent but blast Al Davis (Peace be unto him) for the draft choices. Can't have it both ways.

I hope to doG that the defenses figure out Tebow. I really don't want to think about an era of football with Tebow and Cam Newton as the prototype QBs.

I think Tebow is more likely to get injured and prove once again that a franchise can't trust a QB that runs. It isn't that they don't have talent or heart. It's that they can't be counted on to stay healthy and when they are injured, they leave their franchises in bad shape.

edit: Oakland won't go down as an underachiever this season. Most projections I saw had them at 2nd or 3rd in the division. They'll either hit that or overachieve and take the division. SD and KC are the underachievers. Bronchokes are the overachievers, even if they go 0-4 to close the season.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #1341
RLK

Oddometer: 6,179
Quote:
Who has said 'Oakland's so good'? They're mediocre but happen to play in a crappy division. I love it when people say they are stacked with talent but blast Al Davis (Peace be unto him) for the draft choices. Can't have it both ways.

I hope to doG that the defenses figure out Tebow. I really don't want to think about an era of football with Tebow and Cam Newton as the prototype QBs.

I think Tebow is more likely to get injured and prove once again that a franchise can't trust a QB that runs. It isn't that they don't have talent or heart. It's that they can't be counted on to stay healthy and when they are injured, they leave their franchises in bad shape...
Are you high? Its a team game. Its actually entertaining when a player with talent and heart is trusted with the fate of the franchise and then delivers results. Run the fucking ball, gain the fucking yards and win the fucking game. Do what you can and don't worry about the rest. Its fun to watch. Its rather amusing that it torques you off so.

Get 'em Tubby!!

RLK screwed with this post 12-04-2011 at 09:19 PM
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:47 PM   #1342
SocalRob
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 11,720
As a gator alum it's nice to watch Tebow gaining some success in the NFL. He sure does seem to polarize folks though.

'07 White (the coolest color) GSA rider
'13 Husky Strada & '14 KTM 690 Enduro
SocalRob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #1343
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,332
Quote:
I think Tebow is more likely to get injured and prove once again that a franchise can't trust a QB that runs..
Have you taken a good look at the boy? He could punish anyone in the NFL without their hand in the dirt. (And probably a good share of them too.) He is solid, he is no Vince Young. He will come around to balance his game. I have not seen today's game yet, but from the stat's it looks like he went to the air more. Can he get hurt? Sure, anyone on the field can, it is a harsh game. But he is pretty studly compared to most QB's.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:27 AM   #1344
East Coast Rider
Just Me...

Oddometer: 3,712
Quote:
** snip** What's up with Phillip in SD? Maybe it's not having Sproles...*snip*
Rivers begged management to keep him...too effective out of the back field to lose him, but money decision was made and away he went. Glad the Lightning Bug found a good home in New Orleans.

Tebow will benefit greatly from a full camp, offseason workouts, etc., I think.
Me: Give 'em hell, little Bro!
Dan: Roger that.
East Coast Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM   #1345
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Rivers begged management to keep him...too effective out of the back field to lose him, but money decision was made and away he went. Glad the Lightning Bug found a good home in New Orleans.
And I was never happier to see a player leave the AFC West! Lightning bug? Water bug is more appropriate.

Quote:
Tebow will benefit greatly from a full camp, offseason workouts, etc., I think.
One has to wonder if he'll get the chance. I suspect he will just as I suspect that Elway's sudden later 4Q appearances on the sidelines signals something positive towards TT.

Slight hijack: Rumor is that Pat Bowlen, the Broncos owner, is in fading health with some neurological disease. Elway's becoming the face of the franchise and may some day be its owner.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #1346
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,332
Quote:
Elway's becoming the face of the franchise and may some day be its owner.
That makes me nervous.....thinking Arena.....

Does Elway have that kind of money? If Obama has his way and Estate Taxes are imposed again, that will be a big nut to pay. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of $100M+, as a fair guess. Bowlen's heirs may need to sell it outright then.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:17 AM   #1347
koncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
Are you high? Its a team game. Its actually entertaining when a player with talent and heart is trusted with the fate of the franchise and then delivers results. Run the fucking ball, gain the fucking yards and win the fucking game. Do what you can and don't worry about the rest. Its fun to watch. Its rather amusing that it torques you off so.

Get 'em Tubby!!
I don't like Tebow (or Newton) because fullbacks playing the QB position are boring. Period.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:12 AM   #1348
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
That makes me nervous.....thinking Arena.....

Does Elway have that kind of money? If Obama has his way and Estate Taxes are imposed again, that will be a big nut to pay. Probably somewhere in the vicinity of $100M+, as a fair guess. Bowlen's heirs may need to sell it outright then.

Elway's been very successful in everything he's been involved with except an internet store thingy he got into with Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky about ten or twelve years back. Oh, and along with many other prominent folks, he got scammed to the tune of $15M by some pyramid scheme artist.

I'm not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up owning a <50% stake in the team or maybe more depending on what Bowlen's heirs want to do.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #1349
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
I don't like Tebow (or Newton) because fullbacks playing the QB position are boring. Period.
Blinded by silver and black lenses.......

Watching the raiders reminds me of the first batman movie. Al Davis was the joker and he surrounded himself with losers and criminals not fully realizing that, in the end, they'd eventually fuck it up.

What's wrong with your team? They can't stand success? Win a few games then gotta go out and act like idiots, go into self destruct mode, get penalties, get ejected?

Hey, I'm loving it. Seems it's been their MO for a while with the lone exception being that epic SB ass kicking administered by the Bucs. That it was brought about by a Gruden-coached team had to have hurt a lot.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:20 AM   #1350
Rodzilla
Horny as Hell

Oddometer: 1,350
I'll say this for Tebow...he's at least giving me some exercise.

I went from turning the tube to something else, to leaving the game on and pacing around the living room for 3 hours.
Certified SAE J1287 sound tester
Rodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: