Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 05:42 AM   #1411
Fleece Johnson
Husky Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
You have a presser, or was it on the radio?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/73...ndorsement-yet
Fleece Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:05 AM   #1412
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Oddometer: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
Ahem.....
FWIW the monies shown above have gone to the Wounded Warrior Project. I know it's late in the week just before Christmas but if you can spare the dinero I'm sure there's a charity out there that could use the funds.

And now to get back to our regularly scheduled football programming....
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #1413
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Oddometer: 39,299
Spanky

So, if the whole AFC West ends up 8-8---- If Denver's loss is to Buffalo/Beat KC they win, if Denver's loss is to KC after beating Buffalo. KC wins? is that right?

Moderator:CSM/JoMomma/ShinyThings/Sports
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:35 PM   #1414
]I)Money
D NOT I

Oddometer: 3,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
Spanky

So, if the whole AFC West ends up 8-8---- If Denver's loss is to Buffalo/Beat KC they win, if Denver's loss is to KC after beating Buffalo. KC wins? is that right?
As near as I can decipher that, yes

"Another road remains, but it provides no more. It can only take us away"
]I)Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:39 PM   #1415
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]I)Money View Post
As near as I can decipher that, yes
Your "prize" pack should arrive soon.

Old 12-21-2011, 11:33 PM   #1416
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBNation
The best part about all the division scenarios is that there are head-to-head matchups in the final two weeks that could shake up the whole process. The Raiders have an away game against the Chiefs and a home game against the Chargers, and the Broncos will meet the Chiefs in Denver on the final week of the season. Tim Tebow and the Broncos control their own destiny, so if they win out they will punch their ticket as the division champ. Even if they only win Week 17 against the Chiefs, they still beat out the Raiders for the AFC West title.

The other teams would need the Broncos to falter along the way to have a shot at the division, and the Week 17 game between the Broncos and Chiefs is paramount to any shift at the top. The Chiefs need the Broncos and Chargers to lose in Week 16 against the Bills to even have a chance. However, if the Broncos do lose to the Bills it can get very crazy.

There is then a scenario where the Chiefs could win the division by taking the head-to-head matchup against the Broncos in the final week of the season. Meanwhile the Raiders and Chargers have split their season head-to-heads with the Broncos and if they tied atop the division it would move to division record, which is completely up in the air at this point. Almost nothing is decided right now, which is just how NFL fans should want it.
What is clear is the Broncos must beat the damn Chiefs. All else is clear as Mississippi Mud.

Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 AM   #1417
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen View Post
What is clear is the Broncos must beat the damn Chiefs. All else is clear as Mississippi Mud.
I don't subsribe to the notion that all they have to do is defeat KC. What bothers me is that Denver has lost at home to the Raiders and SD but they defeated both teams in their back yard. Denver already has a win over the Todd Haley Chiefs in KC and if he's still the coach I say Denver breaks the trend and wins at home.

HOWEVER, if I'm Lee Corso I'm shouting "Not so fast, my friend!" This is a different KC team that's loaded for bear right now. If Denver loses to Buffalo they might as well not show up for KC. Think about it, do you really think they'd be worth a damn is they lose at Buffalo?

Pete King's picking them to lose this weekend only because he wants a fight to the death between KC and Denver the following week. I say let's keep it simple and focus on the game ahead.

As for the Raiders.....well, all I can say is that I wrote to Santa and asked for only one thing.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:39 PM   #1418
RLK

Oddometer: 6,275
These games are all too close to call on paper. They all will be about penalties and turnovers. The teams that show up with a professional attitude and will to execute will win. This week I think that favors Den and KC. * SD may think they have reason to swagger after the last 3 weeks but they'd be wrong in doing that.

Who the hell is Pete King?

*comments about that other team withheld
RLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #1419
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLK View Post
Who the hell is Pete King?
Peter King's picks in CNNSI.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #1420
pilot
Slacker Moderator

Oddometer: 30,900
KC really thanks Denver for our new quarterback.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #1421
koncha

Oddometer: 10,041
Quote:
Peter King's picks in CNNSI.
Plus his MMQB column on CNNSI.com every Monday is fantastic. Not that I give that much of a care about his beer consumption but the column is fantastic.
koncha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:16 PM   #1422
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot View Post
KC really thanks Denver for our new quarterback.

You saw the good Kyle against GB, got that? Don't be gettin' all wet in the panties now, mkay?
Old 12-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #1423
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,048
Quote:
You saw the good Kyle against GB, got that? Don't be gettin' all wet in the panties now, mkay?
New qb and a new coach and you knock off the only undefeated team in the league. Why not dream? It's what fans do.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #1424
Jurgen
Trolljegeren

Quote:

What has Koncha (who has followed him from Purdue onwards) said multiple times about Orton?.... something about "just good enough to break your heart."

Old 12-23-2011, 08:33 AM   #1425
spanky OP
Well, maybe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike54 View Post
New qb and a new coach and you knock off the only undefeated team in the league. Why not dream? It's what fans do.
Agreed, and, building on Jurgen's post reminding us of Koncha's statement, I can add that I've seen enough of Mr. Orton to know that he can burn just about any defense for 300 yards +/- 40. He's always good for that and a few TD's, a few turnovers, and a few sacks. All stupid stuff that a seasoned pro should know not to do.

Here's what I see; KC is going to put a hurtin' on the Raiders (sorry, Koncha) but the Raider's will leave KC bloodied and battered. As a long time AFC West fan I've seen most of these matchups and, the Bronco rivalries aside, these annual games resemble boxing matches more than football games.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome and to see how Denver plays against KC on New Year's day. Kyle knows the Denver D but they know him as well so it'll come down to who makes the most mistakes......history isn't on Kyle's side.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: