Oddometer: 4,076
ahem

Avoids big group rides. There's hope.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Oddometer: 795
(Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:18 pm) "Wow ..so much RIDIN' in the Last few days I finally HAVE someone to RIDE with because he is off WORK for abit ...yeaahhh ..What i have learned in the past fewhundred or more ridin' miles is excatly HOW much i don't know and Need to Practise on in order to FEEl like I have Control of my Harleybabe I Laugh alot at myself When I do strange and crazy things For instance i get really really anxious when i have to Ride in a tight place or even in a large area to PARK Someone said to me the other day "Vi u find the strangest places to Park" ..Lets go to a parking Lot and practise your Turns till you start feelin' comfortable ...we still haven't DONE it guess I better remind Him I rode with a FAN-Tas-Tic group the other day and basically feared the STOPPIN to TURN into a Lot scenerio's amongst other things BUT handled them with my self talk voices ..We rode thru some busier TOWNS and that made me very anxious but I convinced myself i was in GOOD company if anything happens and to just RELAX n go with the flow The fear i felt stopping at RED lites has subsided pretty much and I feel like I can do it without a problem now feet come down the corrdination is there ..The shifting when comming to a RED lite is getting better and better though I count it our most times so i don't do the sudden Lurch like last week
The STOPS on BUSY secondary Roads in a Group sometimes freak me out and I second guess whether I have enough time to get across and I know the Group is waiting for me so that makes me make a descion to get us Over the intersection ..So much to Process in my Ridin' Learnin' Curve ..I'm LOVIN every second/minute and hour on my Barbiedoll I NEVER tell the Kids the negative stuff about Learning too much headaches if I share that Information especially Like last nite Our Ryder going down with his BIKE they would be nagging me NON stop Anyways ITS me Harleyryder Over n Out"

Trophy Mike screwed with this post 12-01-2009 at 10:02 AM
Trophy Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,741
It sounds like she might be fine w/ a smaller bike. But most of it depends on her and how much she actually likes riding rather then just being a "lifestyle" rider.

When my wife started riding, she did alot of psyching herself out. She started out in the dirt, and would stop at the top of a downhill (or some sort of obstacle that she percieved as hard) and just sort of freeze up. It would take her several minutes to overcome her fear/mental block before she could do it. I would just have to leave her and come back and check on her. But she soon got over it. She is still a pretty non-agressive offroad rider, but is competent.
After working out her fears offroad, turning to street riding was a piece of cake for her.
She also is smart enough to ride a small bike that doesn't intimidate her.
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #19
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Oddometer: 2,494
No new posts since 23 June 09.

Is she still alive?

Saying, "You are full of it" is a banning offense -Putts

Too many n00bs/non-riders/pirates here to be worthwhile any more
VFR_firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #20
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
It sounds like she might be fine w/ a smaller bike. .
I don't think that a small bike would tote this Betty around.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:27 PM   #21
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

It's a Harley. They have like 35 HP. What she needs is some larger, hevier springs -or smaller bones.

Old 09-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #22
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 pm) "SO LIKE ANYWAYS Barbiedoll and I rode the 400 with the Group to the Barrie Brunch ..it was painless ..never hurt abit Gettin' use to the new experinces Anywhoo I reconize I need to work on my complete STOPS at the "big red signs" i sort of run thru them and that is becomming a bad habit ..for safety and maybe a ticket Mental Note to self (COMPLETE STOP) frm now on !! The edging up to the intersection is abit shaky because of the snailpace and holding in the Throttle and scanning the roadway for clearence i get hesitate and start doubting my ridin' skills SO the talking to myself starts ..i talk my way into the stopping starting scanning moving edging up then finally its my turn to move thru the intersection safely and either make a turn or go straight thru ..its alot to think thru in a matter of seconds and do it all like its effortless I rode with the Group thru the LAKE area stopped at TIMMIES and decided I better go HOME ..too hot to go any further ..I gassed up ran into a friend there who was headin' to George's for IceCream so with a twist of an arm I followed and then made it HOME right up my driveway with my famous righthand Turn straight into the garage and called it a ridin'day with an offering of tabacco to the CREATOR for another SAFE RIDE with my Friends
Until we meet again RIDE SAFE Over n Out
Its me Harleyryder"

Trophy Mike screwed with this post 12-01-2009 at 10:05 AM
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #23
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyhead
Cliff notes? I stop reading when I see a bunch of "..." and there sure are a lot of them.
Here is all that I saw..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophy Mike

"get on my knees ..

on my back

enjoyin' every second

.......Its me Harleyryder."

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:25 PM   #24
atk_nut
and atk_nut_wife

Oddometer: 596
Quit picking on her!!!!
Everyone started out some way or another.Us girls are often more cautious of driving machinery correctly cause guys are often the first ones to make fun of you.Before kids I rode the crap out of my bikes,hauling small logs with the DNEPR and driving my others where I wouldn't now.I'll pop a rib before I let my bike have a little nap.I love him and I don't want to hurt him.I also don't know how to fix him(computers and such) if he did get hurt.He's also the most expensive bike I've ever owned.Cut her some slack and help her out.Take her dirt biking and show her some stuff to help her out.
Give a little will ya??
atk-nut wife

http://members.shaw.ca/fourup
http://vimeo.com/jollyrogerranch
atk_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #25
majlee_vmi
TK-421

Oddometer: 381
How is she any different from some on this forum who worry about strong wind, rain, gravel in the corners, bumps in the road, tar snakes, strange noises, bright headlights, oil type, final drives, deer, cagers, bicyclists, blah, blah, blah...?

At least she's riding.
majlee_vmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #26
LongCliff
Bagger

Oddometer: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by atk_nut
Quit picking on her!!!!
Everyone started out some way or another.Us girls are often more cautious of driving machinery correctly cause guys are often the first ones to make fun of you.
It's not the gender! I have a problem with novice riders on huge machines. She is clearly way over her head with that bike, and I wouldn't want to be riding my bike anywhere within a 1 mile radius of her.
LongCliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #27
Skippii
Hookers, my lad.

Oddometer: 6,492
You want serious advice?
Send her over to VTM. There are some very smart, helpful people on that website which caters to new, female, overweight, timid cruiser riders who buy bikes way too big for themselves.
There are also a bunch of horrible cunts on that forum, so be aware.

Anyway, it'll help her to build up confidence in her riding style, which is likely to be the biggest thing holding her back right now.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 AM   #28
VFR_firefly
Buh Bye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippii

Anyway, it'll help her to build up confidence in her riding style, which is likely to be the biggest thing holding her back right now.
Her lack of confidence is probably the only thing keeping her alive. From the look of things she is only a occasional rider who doesn't ride very far, fast or often.

Give her a little confidence and that will change. It's only a matter of time before she makes a wet spot on that too-large, too-heavy, under-performing, chrome-plated turd. With confidence the time between now and that day will only be shortened.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 AM   #29
univibe88
Slidell4Life

Oddometer: 1,924
What I find amusing and worthy of making fun is her need to blog about her lack of confidence and skill - at about a 2nd grade writing level.

"I like my ride plans like my women...loosely put together with a chance of getting wet."
univibe88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:02 AM   #30
Trophy Mike OP
w/extreme prejudice

(Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm) "So like anways I hit 10,000.k's friggen un-believable already I can't tell you how happy i am at this point of my Learning Curve Man, it seems just like yesterday I was lookin' at Barbiedoll and tryin' to figure out how I was gonna do this I would walk around her shine her up till i was blinded by her chrome and then closed the garage door cause i was too scared of her 10,000. k's later I ride in the dark (always with someone else) at least 3-4 times a week going to other MeetnGreets far far away in another land or just Ridin' somewhere anywhere ..I'm still anxious don't get me wrong but it doesn't hold me back like waaay back in April with less than 100 k's under my butt ..I rode over to the strip mall the other day and that is something i would of never done without psyching myself out and thinking only the worst thoughts of dropping my bike or not being able to get out of a parking space I backed her J-Lo Butt out made that famous right hand turn off my driveway and rode away and then smiled like a lunatic cause I hadn't given any thought to all those crazy thoughts when i decided to ride over to the mall i just did it .I still have my shaky moments and for just a sleek second when i'm rolling to a stop at a traffic light now n again i feel like omg i'm gonna fall but i don't i ride away In total from the first morning Barbiedoll moved in with me and she let me know who was boss and i promptly dropped her on my driveway and had to go wake up my son to help pic her up and get her into my garage i have dropped her 9 times i dropped her twice within 15 minutes in my neighbourhood practsing my stops n starts but always had someone who was driving past or walking by to help me pick her up .She didn't have her "bling" so I didn't break scratch or swear at her at any fall we happen to have In fact my take was always I'm gonna drop her thats part of my Learnin' Curve and to get back up get on and move out AND never discuss any of it with my kids but rather had fullen blown out conversations with the voices in my head that I was gonna Learn to Ride there would be no other Option and here I am 10,000 k's later ..Over n Out ...Its me Harleyryder"

Trophy Mike screwed with this post 12-01-2009 at 10:07 AM