Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #106
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
also the cmc guys are clowns for banning you mike. that kind of protective circle is ridiculous. if you dont want honest comments dont post on a forum.
hey i have had to wade through piles of crap in my posts to find anything of any use. why shouldnt she?

2000 valkyrie interstate
roadhamr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #107
haithabu
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 827
Cool. Thanks Mike.
haithabu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #108
hitchface
I don't fit in.

Oddometer: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgates
I don't see that as a problem. Starting from a stop is the hardest part when learning how to use a clutch.

Especially when I was starting out in a stick shift car, I frequently rolled through stop signs, and I still do (bike and car) slow down early for a red light so I can just keep rolling in first gear, or put the clutch in and not come to a complete stop.

Not exactly a big deal for me any more, but if I don't need to come to a complete stop, I'll just keep rolling. Especially in winter in my car.
I'd say that is a pretty big deal, given the amount of miles on that bike now. The whole clutch system is pretty critical to bike control, especially when the bike is heavy...and especially when going slow. That she hasn't slammed into a car or eaten the pavement yet is nothing short of a miracle.
hitchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:04 PM   #109
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhamr
holy cow dude! let it go! trophy never refered to the woman as fat that was dakez. he was the one who constantly brought up that she is a large woman. yeah you are right about reactions but mike is saying lets not prey on her because of her physical deficiencies but instead let us discuss how so many new riders are buying these large heavy poor handling touring bikes for their first bikes.
you keep making statements in espanish and so he jokingly said he would have you deported. i thought it was funny. dont be a hockey puck just enjoy!

i love costa rica and wish i was there again now!
So if you speak French in Canada do you get deported to France or Quebec?

I read the thread, and know who brought up what. However, DAKEZ or me bringing up large, fat, etc. is very minor compared to talking about a chick in her absence which is far above any levels of asshole-dom I have ever achieved. I am happy to stay out of the thread, so just don't bring me back into it. Comprenez vous?

Pedro Navaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #110
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
holy cow dude! let it go! trophy never refered to the woman as fat that was dakez.
I never said she was fat. That would be an inflaming and derogatory statement.

She is a big girl and needs a big bike.
Old 12-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #111
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
I never said she was fat...
That's right it was me who said she was fat.

Now for you other FFs who are coming to her oh so righteous defense: Look at the picture. Is she not fat? I mean WTF?

Like I told TM and the mod in the background. This is just a mental masturbation thread. Let's not dress it up as anything else and then cry out at the indignation and unfairness of it all when it is pointed that the chick is fat.

You want dignity for the chick? Then lock the thread and quit talking shit about her since she's not here to tell y'all to stick your penis in your anus.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #112
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAKEZ
I never said she was fat. That would be an inflaming and derogatory statement.

She is a big girl and needs a big bike.
nope you are right my mistake! i appoligize dakez for miss quoting you. i hope you will accept.

2000 valkyrie interstate
Old 12-01-2009, 10:20 PM   #113
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro Navaja
That's right it was me who said she was fat.

Now for you other FFs who are coming to her oh so righteous defense: Look at the picture. Is she not fat? I mean WTF?

Like I told TM and the mod in the background. This is just a mental masturbation thread. Let's not dress it up as anything else and then cry out at the indignation and unfairness of it all when it is pointed that the chick is fat.

You want dignity for the chick? Then lock the thread and quit talking shit about her since she's not here to tell y'all to stick your penis in your anus.
wow you are so angry man! i am just not sure why? look the chick is fat. i saw the pic she is fat. i dont mind saying it at all.
she has found something she likes to do and feels she has to share. she put herself out there. mike was banned from the original site for speaking up about the attrocity that she is learning to ride on that clumsy bike of hers being probably 5 foot 2 or 3.
the sales man who sold her that will burn in hell for eternity.
i dont know where mike offended you or set you off but i hope you realize it is just the interweb man. cant control it so it just isnt worth getting too upset about. and hey i know about getting upset man. i used to pop off on people all the time on forums online. it isnt worth it.
i dont want dignity for her. i dont care about her at all. i dont know her. she lives about 45 mins from me though. but she is just a foil for the discussion that she should not be riding that bike as a beginner.

2000 valkyrie interstate
Old 12-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #114
Pedro Navaja
Beastly Adventurer

I give up. Any more comments to me y'all can do it via PM. Unsubrscribed

Old 12-02-2009, 08:16 AM   #115
scfrank
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,892
Pedro - you spelled unsubscribed wrong.

Someone needs to get her a pair of boots for Christmas.
(See last picture)

Are there MSF coursed in Canada?

She really does need more training, but don't we all?
scfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #116
DAKEZ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 19,697
Quote:
nope you are right my mistake! i appoligize dakez for miss quoting you. i hope you will accept.

RIDE RIDE RIDE.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #117
xcgates
Whaaa?

Oddometer: 1,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchface
I'd say that is a pretty big deal, given the amount of miles on that bike now. The whole clutch system is pretty critical to bike control, especially when the bike is heavy...and especially when going slow. That she hasn't slammed into a car or eaten the pavement yet is nothing short of a miracle.
I suppose. I haven't been focused enough to figure out how many miles she has, but I'd say by the time someone has about 1k miles on a car/bike they should be pretty comfy with controlling it.

I have a friend who taught herself to drive stick about a year ago, and she is still somewhat unsure of herself with the clutch. So if someone doesn't get focused, proper attention, its easy for people to continue being uncomfortable.

That reminds me, I keep meaning to get my friend to be more confident.

Home is where the skid lid sits.
xcgates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:33 PM   #118
roadhamr
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
I give up. Any more comments to me y'all can do it via PM. Unsubrscribed
ARE YOU SERIOUS? i totally dont understand your hostility. i am guessing this is for the best though as you have a merit badge and some kind of other deal that makes you dangerous i think i dont really remember. no one is going after you pal and this is tantamount to having a hissy fit on the floor of the shopping center.
i wish you well.
vios condios my amigo!

2000 valkyrie interstate
Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #119
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,268
Quote:
My opinions:

4. She needs to focus on the technical aspects of riding and not the SOCIAL aspects of riding
Your base presumption is that riding isn't viewed as a distasteful but necessary component of the social scene she's decided to join. To be a "full member" of that group requires she own and know how to operate a motorcycle. It may be that she does so only to the minimum standard needed to become a member of her chosen social group.

I might change the focus of the original question, from "Can this newbie be saved" to "Should this newbie be saved"... or in other words, should someone encourage them to continue riding and improve the skillset, or should someone be suggesting that she's better off taking public transportation.

[edit to add last para]
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:11 PM   #120
dwoodward
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcgates
I suppose. I haven't been focused enough to figure out how many miles she has, but I'd say by the time someone has about 1k miles on a car/bike they should be pretty comfy with controlling it.
Comfy, maybe. Good at it? Not yet- a disproportionate number of crashes happen in the first 5k miles with a new vehicle.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote