ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2009, 10:09 PM   #16
azkiwi
message in a bottle

Oddometer: 9,139
  • Green Building
  • New Construction
  • Renovations
Attached Images

azkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
tahoeacr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,210
Ever dream of working on a race team?

For the last three or four months I have been working on putting together a race team for Trophy Trucks. If you would like to come help at races, send me a sales pitch. This is for extra help. You will be the bottom guy(gopher, truck polisher). Probably throw you out in the middle of no where with a couple of qualified guys. If the truck comes in, your job will be to roll a tire up to the truck(not change it) or grab a wrench when the real mechanics are under the truck and yell for a wrench. You will be required to show up sometime for pit stop practice some weeks before the race. Shop will most likely be out at Willow Springs Raceway. We are going to try and get to a race by the end of the year but will mostly be for 2010/2011 season. First truck should be done in three months and we intend to drive/practice the hell out of it for the rest of the year.

Bonus points for:
1) you will pay us to work on the team. Enough $ and you get to drive the 800HP 30+ inches of travel truck.
2) welding/fabrication/mechanical skills
3) work for free
4) experience?
5) show up for this: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411595 fix all the broken bikes and flats so I don't have to.
6) cook/food prep

This is actually going to be a professional team with three trucks in the race once they all get built. I will need at least 10 more people at the races.

Points subtracted if you actually want to get paid(day rate+expenses). Welcome to the racing industry.
If you are really lucky I'll give you a ride in one. I get to race one .
tahoeacr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #18
les price
990 slider

Oddometer: 25
General Contractor

My Company Is Priceless Construction And I Do Remodeling And New Home Builds. I Offer Consulting And Help With Projects That Have Problems. Feel Free To Call If You Have Any Questions I Can Help With. Les Price M-602-527-2590 Web- Pricelessconstruction.com. My Specialties Are Difficult Projects And The Unordinary. Phx. Area
les price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 AM   #19
gringostd
Rubber side up

Oddometer: 310
Stephen Day Design

I run a design/build studio out of Oakland, Ca specializing in custom interior furnishings and cabinetry - residential and commercial. I also offer custom lighting, design services [CAD drafting / 3d computer modeling], and miscellaneous fabrication of wood, plastics, and non-ferrous metals [no, I can't fab stuff for your bike --- unless you have a really fancy wooden motorcycle].

Please check out the website for more:
www.stephendaydesign.com

Thanks,
Steve

Arctic Relay 2012 - aka "Pass the Gringo"
gringostd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #20
DocWong
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,074
Chiropractic Care

I've been in practice for over 20 years and a very active motorcyclist for longer, so I understand back, neck and wrist issues relating to riding, etc. I've been doing the free Doc Wong Riding Clinics for the last 15 years.

Feel free to PM me for questions, even if you're not in my area. Discounts given to Adv Riders.

Harry Wong, D.C.
Active Life Medical-Chiropractic
1391 Woodside Road, Suite 200
Redwood City, CA 94061

(650) 365-7775

www.docwong.com

Doc Wong (Free) Riding Clinics http://www.docwong.com

My 1200 GS small hill climb video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EntvKjdduI
-----------------------------------------------------------
DocWong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM   #21
vrago
Plays with dirt

Oddometer: 898
I'll play...

...if just as a conversation starter.

I am a grower of premium wine grapes at Taylor Ridge Vineyards.
With fellow ADVRider Kbeitler, winemaker/proprietor of Boheme Wines, we producing Burgundian and Rhone styled wines from the Sonoma Coast appelations

http://www.bohemewines.com/

I also do work in program management and strategy for new product innovation; business development & strategy; homeowner advocate/owner's project manager for large scale residential construction; general problem solving for hire.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/0/85/81a

Never had a virago. It's my name.
vrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:35 PM   #22
RockyRaccoon
Found:Gideon's Bible

Oddometer: 59,577
Sacramento Area

I have a renter who's an unemployed carpenter. He's a great guy and does good work at reasonable rates.

I had him build a deck outside and do some finish work inside, and I was very happy with both the pace and the quality of his work, and he's a pleasant guy with whom to work.

So, if anyone has a project and is looking for a good carpenter, let me know with a PM and I'll put you in touch with Mike.
RockyRaccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:12 PM   #23
DeanW
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 537
Ornamental Iron Work

I have a renter who does Ornamental Iron Work: driveway gates, stair railings, etc. He has worked with his brother for many years, they are well known in the Santa Cruz Mountains; well, he now is working more on his own. So, if you are in the south SF Bay, Santa Cruz, or areas between drop me a PM and I'll pass along contact info.
DeanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 PM   #24
Melodi
What is n00b?

Oddometer: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngil
I'm looking for some computer repair in the San Fernando Valley.
My wife/kid's (new) computer has shit the bed.
johngilent@gmail.com
Thank you, I almost tinkled in my chair when I read this, first time I heard that expression. I repair computers, but I'm in East San Diego County I'm worth the drive if you are close-ish. I can generally tell you the cause of the problem and the fix within 15 minutes. Labor is $25 the first hour and $15 each hour there after, most people get out under $40. I have been doing this for 8 years and have come to find that I like computers better than I like most people. I joined ADV to get away from my computers for short stretches at a time, but even when I am out riding I hear them calling my name.

PM if you need a computer fixed, data saved from a dead drive, networking setup, security added to your network, tips for online safety or just to chat cuz you like computer nerds a lot.

PS: I also have a small group of paranormal researchers that I head up and that's a free service but involves strangers being in your house in the middle of the night.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:57 PM   #25
redshiftquasars
19k and going

Oddometer: 16
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been many years since I had rode a motorcycle, so when I got my current motorcycle, back in July 2008, I pretty much neglected all my other activities and rode rode rode. Well now its time that I get back and try to resurrect at least one of those activities. I had started on a website that had some social networking qualities that incorporated phone calls(kinda like a myspace-grandcentral mashup). You add me as a buddy, vice versa, and were able to initiate phone calls to each other. The cool part is each of our phone numbers are masked from each other. You dont really have to worry about giving out your number anymore, just send them to your 2myzone page and have em call you from there. So if any of you wanna sign up on http://2myzone.com I'd appreciate it. Your numbers are safe, I dont plan on selling your phone numbers to anyone. Give it a spin, add me as a buddy and let me know what the site needs.

2myzone.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 06-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
montibank
Happy

Oddometer: 2,728
Computer Repair - Fresno Ca.

Computer repair for donations (KTM parts/beer accepted) in the Fresno, Ca area.

Been doing it for family/freinds for years, software/hardware/data recovery. If I can't do it I will tell you before I break something.

My favorite is when people hand me 12 year old computers and tell me they want to "upgrade it." I will help you get your data off of it, and throw it away in an environmentally freindly manner, but aside from blowing all the dust out of the case and cleaning up the OS a bit that computer is junkyard bound.

No I don't do it for a living, I am not licensed. But for a little good conversation and potential to make a new riding buddy you are welcome to drop it off or drink one of those beers yer gonna bring over while I tinker with it.

~

Michael

montibank screwed with this post 06-06-2009 at 05:46 PM
montibank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #27
Kapp555
Better to be Offroad!

Oddometer: 671
Counseling and Therapy

Licensed Psychotherapist
  • Marriage and Family
  • Behavioral Health (mental health)
  • ABA Behaviorist (for children or disabled)
  • Individual or Couples
  • In Person or Online Therapy
  • Psychometrics (I can measure your IQ or a personality test)
  • Grief and Loss
  • Assessment and Treatment
Over 10 years experience as a Clinician. I use a multimodal approach and have been well versed in many therapeutical models. Confidentiality Assured. Reasonable rates for ADV riders. PM me if you are interested. Located in the Phoenix Area and willing to do online therapy.
Kapp555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #28
rpage11
Skip

Oddometer: 474
Architectural Services

Licensed in the State of Arizona. Residential and commercial projects.

rpage11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:01 PM   #29
Hatch
PAR OG

Oddometer: 2,922
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScot
Welcome to the Wests Networking thread!

Here's the place to post jobs wanted. Arizona, California, and Nevada.

All inquiry/discussion is to be carried on outside of the thread via PMs or email.

While we may ride globally, doing business locally just might help out a fellow rider - so post 'em up!

Hello Wests networkers!

Just putting a line out here in case there is anyone on here with good info on a firefighting gig, specifically wildland firefighting.

I am 23, unattached, living in Florida, looking to relocate and the southwest is where I have wanted to go since I visited NM when I was 16. Now that I've gotten into dualsport riding there's nowhere else I'd rather spend my free time exploring.

I know you folks in CA have different fire standards, so not really looking for a job there, but AZ, NM, NV, CO an UT are my first through 5th choices, in that order.

Thanks in advance for any pm's or emails!
Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #30
Mr B
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
Any Aircraft Owners need a Great Mechanic!

I currently run a hangar here at Castle, we maintain a fleet (7) of Boeing 737's and I would love to find someone with an inside track to a corporate operation.
I am well versed in avionics and system troubleshooting. Have tools will travel. I can do avionic installs and upgrades. I can brew beer on the side, too!
Mr B is offline   Reply With Quote