User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2009, 10:32 AM   #16
bingbong OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
Talking its here

Well I got it home and in the garage. After having a quick ringa ding up and down the private road outside my house oh boy this is gonna be alot of fun.....

So that was yesterday, today I got geared up and headed for the hills. Well first impression is, I have no technique, no surprise and the fun will be learning, second impression though was just how unfit I am, Jebus this is the funnest excercise tool you can buy this is the best stairmaster I ever saw . So if your other half ever tells you no you can't have a trials bike just tell them you are getting a piece of home excercise equipment

Now about those ropes...........
Old 10-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #17
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,141
I was down in Tennessee for a Rallymoto race back in May and after the race I did a 2 day school at the trials training center. If you have the interest and the cash I highly recommend going to the school. It was $600 for 2 days which included the use of a new gas gas 280. I was the only student so it was 1 on 1 instruction for the 2 days. I rented a cabin on the property as well. Though it was a tiring 2 days I learned a lot of basic skills that I think about now when I ride the bigger bikes.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:20 PM   #18
bingbong OP
Studly Adventurer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
I was down in Tennessee for a Rallymoto race back in May and after the race I did a 2 day school at the trials training center. If you have the interest and the cash I highly recommend going to the school. It was $600 for 2 days which included the use of a new gas gas 280. I was the only student so it was 1 on 1 instruction for the 2 days. I rented a cabin on the property as well. Though it was a tiring 2 days I learned a lot of basic skills that I think about now when I ride the bigger bikes.
Wow you picked up my need for tuition from those two photo's !

Seriously though, you are absolutely right, next spring I am gonna look at geting some schooling as it will make it more fun when I get some moves down
Old 10-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #19
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong

Seriously though, you are absolutely right, next spring I am gonna look at geting some schooling as it will make it more fun when I get some moves down
Well the very first thing we did at the school was to learn how to weight the bike and turn. In your first photo your weight is way to the inside of the bike....this will lead to an imbalance on more technical terrain and at slower speeds. To make a left hand turn you want to lean the bike over into your left calf and get your right leg/knee out over its footpeg...this allows you to maximize weight on the tires, maintain traction and balance, and maneuver better. One of the little things that I learned at the school....the technique even works on my 950 Adventure.

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
BorisTas
Ageing Adventurer

Oddometer: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong

Don't wait till then here is a heap of Vids to get you going

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/how-...rcycle-trials/

if you can master all these you'll be going well

BT

One is all you need ,
Two is a Luxury
Any more is an indulgence
BorisTas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:22 AM   #21
bingbong OP
Studly Adventurer

Thumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisTas
Don't wait till then here is a heap of Vids to get you going

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/how-...rcycle-trials/

if you can master all these you'll be going well

BT
you've done it again Boris . Great link. I've got my winter viewing sorted out.