ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #3901
SnowMule
[angry moth noises]
 
SnowMule's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: I LIVE IN A GIANT BUCKET
Oddometer: 17,870




__________________
Spewer of the poignant non sequitur
SnowMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:28 PM   #3902
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
Now to the real important stuff. Auburn's on soon and I might be able to sneak the bike inside.

Auburn.

That's the school that is starting the quarterback who really should be inelligible because he steals laptops, tampers with evidence, cheats on entrance exams and accepts huge sums of money (through his father), right?

Great program.

I'll cheer for Oregon.


__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3903
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,653
There's snow on the ground I think I'll play with some cereal.

Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #3904
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer
 
250senuf's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Kootenai, BC, Canada
Oddometer: 2,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomax View Post
I think I finally found a good bike for days like today.



I wonder if it has heated grips?

Marc
What were they smoking? Extremely bow legged pilots only need apply!
250senuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #3905
Tha Rick
Shake and bake!
 
Tha Rick's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Tha North Springs, Co(Banned camp rehab)
Oddometer: 5,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMule View Post





Ride report?

Rabbit ears?
__________________
Happy Trails Y'all.

It's not about tha bike nor tha ride; it's about tha adventure in life we all seek. Great memories are made of taking tha trail less traveled and explored.
Tha Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #3906
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal
 
theantipaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Niwot
Oddometer: 1,048
DudeMan, look up "Plausible Deniability" and you'll see Cam Newtons pic, for the Heisman they checked every species of bacteria in his ass.

You can cheer for the ducks, but if they beat Auburn you'll have to pay me not to tell a certain Southern Woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Auburn.

That's the school that is starting the quarterback who really should be inelligible because he steals laptops, tampers with evidence, cheats on entrance exams and accepts huge sums of money (through his father), right?

Great program.

I'll cheer for Oregon.





Nice Stonehenge Geek. Makes me want to step on it. Tissue? Crybaby!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
There's snow on the ground I think I'll play with some cereal.

__________________
degarate@highwaydirtbikes.com

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM   #3907
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10
 
TheDudeAbides's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Loveland, Colo
Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by theantipaul View Post
DudeMan, look up "Plausible Deniability" and you'll see Cam Newtons pic, for the Heisman they checked every species of bacteria in his ass.

You can cheer for the ducks, but if they beat Auburn you'll have to pay me not to tell a certain Southern Woman.






Nice Stonehenge Geek. Makes me want to step on it. Tissue? Crybaby!!
NCAA rules state that neither the athlete, nor the parents, can accept cash payments. They investigated and found out that Cam Newton's dad Cecil did in fact accept cash payments. Then in order to save their TV ratings, the NCAA bent/changed/ignored the rules and said that Cam will not be suspended.

So the parent can not accept cash payments, unless it's Cam Newton's parent.
__________________
Best dualsport mirrors I've ever owned

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #3908
SRA
Why is the rum gone?
 
SRA's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Colorado Springs
Oddometer: 1,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Not me

I don't want to be connected....I have an old school Nokia flip phone that I only carry with me on road trips to call home and say "I made it, everything's good".
I am totally with you. I subscribe to what you are living.

I'm in IT and I did not have a cell phone until a couple years ago when family matters mandated it.

My grandfather was a tool pusher in the oil field. That's the head honcho. He did not have a phone in his house until he had a teenage daughter. He said if it was important enough they could come to his house and get him.

I subscribe to that way of living.

That said, 10 years from now, like cell phones, most people will have a pad (notebook) device in hand. They will choose to be connected or not.
__________________
SRA N5RU
KLR650 A21 Mad Max Edition

The meek shall inherit the dirt.

Originally Posted by Klay
Climate science is not biased by political matters in any way.
SRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #3909
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal
 
theantipaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Niwot
Oddometer: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
NCAA rules state that neither the athlete, nor the parents, can accept cash payments. They investigated and found out that Cam Newton's dad Cecil did in fact accept cash payments. Then in order to save their TV ratings, the NCAA bent/changed/ignored the rules and said that Cam will not be suspended.

So the parent can not accept cash payments, unless it's Cam Newton's parent.
Tissue?

Actually the only issue I have with your argument is, you seem to think there are rules in college football?

BTW, the inlaws and Kels aunt and uncle are at the game. Which still make you and me YANKEES!!


What you doing later this week?
__________________
degarate@highwaydirtbikes.com

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:22 PM   #3910
theantipaul
Reforming Neandertal
 
theantipaul's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Niwot
Oddometer: 1,048
Kel just told me that UAB said Auburn would win the BCS when Hell froze over, they got that in Birmingham.
__________________
degarate@highwaydirtbikes.com

Man lived, Man suffered, Man died

theantipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #3911
Buddy_Holly
Imminent Train Wreck
 
Buddy_Holly's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Tohatchi, NM
Oddometer: 1,109
I'm stayin' with the iPhone. THanks for the insights geek!
Buddy_Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #3912
Infracaninophile
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakebird View Post
Not me

I don't want to be connected....I have an old school Nokia flip phone that I only carry with me on road trips to call home and say "I made it, everything's good".
Blake:

I used to be that guy for years and years. Then I opened my eyes and learned that a smartphone can add a lot of value to you. Getting email, texts, finding places because your smartphone has a GPS, etc.. are all really handy sometimes. It's sort of like air conditioning in your car: If you've never had it you would never miss it. But once you've started using it you would not be able to live w/o it.

After a lifetime of simple cell phones both Susan and I got Blackberry's two years ago with the data plans. They are invaluable to us and really like the value they bring to us as we travel on both personal and business trips. Info about my surroundings is always right at my fingertips.

Tom
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #3913
justjarrod
sojourner
 
justjarrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado
Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile
Blake:

I used to be that guy for years and years. Then I opened my eyes and learned that a smartphone can add a lot of value to you. Getting email, texts, finding places because your smartphone has a GPS, etc.. are all really handy sometimes. It's sort of like air conditioning in your car: If you've never had it you would never miss it. But once you've started using it you would not be able to live w/o it.

After a lifetime of simple cell phones both Susan and I got Blackberry's two years ago with the data plans. They are invaluable to us and really like the value they bring to us as we travel on both personal and business trips. Info about my surroundings is always right at my fingertips.

Tom
Someday I may carry my cell phone with me regularly. Right now I carry it maybe once a month or less (If I'm going to meet someone to ride on the side of the road or some similar situation.)

I have sent less than 10 e-mails in my lifetime. I check my e-mail every other month (maybe). I have a/c in my car. I think I used it once last year. (Though I do turn it on occasionally to keep it from dying, I normally drive with the windows open as often as possible. I spend more time on my computer during non-working hours than most people I know yet I've never sent a text message via phone. In fact I asked my provider to turn that feature off. I've never gone to facebook or twitter or any other social networking site. I figure if someone wants to get a hold of me, they can call (or stop by)and leave a message if I don't answer. I will call them back when I get it. (just like every single person in the world from around 1940something up until the 1980something)

Bottom line is ...live and do whatever you feel fits your life. Don't hassle others for their decisions. We're all beautiful and unique snowflakes.

P.S. What's this foot ball thing? (no television either)
__________________
"Any society that would give up a little liberty for a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -B. Franklin

justjarrod screwed with this post 01-11-2011 at 04:53 AM
justjarrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #3914
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,653
Jarrod: you are an interesting combination. You might be the only person on earth that has spent more time on ventrillo than on a telephone in their entire lives
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #3915
Geek OP
oot & aboot
 
Geek's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2003
Location: 8000ft, Twin Spruce Gap, Colorado
Oddometer: 29,653
iphone confirmed on verizon feb 10th availability.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014